Sponsored

Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no?

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to see both, but right now like the look of that 33” over the 35” BL 4 door at KOH. The extra lift between tire top and fender looks more sporty to me, makes the lift look more pronounced. The 33s will also be quieter, last longer, handle better and still be rock stars on the trail. I always remind myself, even when going off-road that i need to drive 2 hours on the highway to get there. For BL, 35s seem mostly for show.

I reserve the right to change my mind when I see both in person... some day.
Sponsored

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wrestled with the same decision but decided to go with 33s" on a 2-door BL. I have seen both up close in person. The 33s look bigger / better in person than in pics; translation: they look really good! The 35s look really badass but slightly "over the top" IMO (on a 2-door). Even if I was going 4-door I would probably still get the 33s" as I'm not a hard-core off-roader and this will be my DD for a few years..... Sounds like for the OP's needs/uses the 33s are the way to go. If this will be a "toy" and a weekend warrior go 35s as there will be nothing else like the Bronco on the market for a while ...

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Be safe with masked avatar?.... not a squatchlike mentality, no squatch for you.

radprez

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line 4-Motion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, look your best! Go Squatch (y)

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unfortunately for me (and I’m sure many others) there is nothing between a 32 and 35 from the factory without stepping up to BL. I don’t plan on messing with sizes and such as I think stock will be setup for best performance if you’re not into any mods post-purchase. If a 33 option was available on lower trims, I’d be all over it. Going Base SAS as a result.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with BL 4 dr non sasquatch. For me I don’t care for the squatch wheels and tires, nor the extra wide fender flares. Plus I ended up spending more than I originally planned so I was already over budget going 2.7L and High package. I also really like the KO2’s so I am very happy with that tire choice.

For me I figured out that I mostly wanted the squatch because everyone else was getting it and not because that is what I needed or wanted. Plus I was cross shopping Jeeps and realized that I was completely content with a the 33” stock size on the Rubicons and Mojaves.

The BL is a good choice because you are not too far off from a 35” upgrade in the future if you want it. People can argue gearing but at 4.46 gearing but I would wager that you are already more appropriately geared than 90% of the 35” Wranglers on the road (which are mostly ascetics). At least around where I live.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@GatorDave Did this thread help with your decision at all? Curious as to what you have decided (if you have that is!)

OP
OP
GatorDave

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GatorDave Did this thread help with your decision at all? Curious as to what you have decided (if you have that is!)
I’m glad you asked! Last time I posted, I was educated on the difference between trim levels, and it helped me decide on badlands. This thread, along with the pics of koh, encouraged me to stick with the stock 33”s. They look good and will be capable

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you think when I sell this thing in 5 years, that will matter?
Increases the value if you are reselling it....I also think that they will increase the price of this package on future year builds. 2500 is not bad for a lift, tires, and upgraded gearing. 🤷‍♂️ I'm going BD though. Can't fathom paying BL 2.7 sasquatch prices. 🤯

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm also in Florida and suffer the same dilemma. In reality, 33s will be more than capable down here but the value of the squatch package cannot be denied, at least on the base.

OP
OP
GatorDave

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks are important to you? Your biggest regret will be not ordering a 2-door.
I’m not sure if I’m with the crowd on this one, I like the look of the 4 door. I also have a 5 and 3 year old still in car seats, so the 2 door ain’t an option. Everyone has their own priorities. I decided MGV was a priority, and I want the big screen, so Badlands 4 door it is.
Sponsored