Sponsored

Okay, hold on. X-Plan...what are we actually losing?

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nobody has said before, but it has been strongly hinted at the penalties are not monetary, but cutting allocations in the future on things like F150 and other fast movers.
Also, the info from Ford said pricing will be locked in at the time of order. I bet we sign something that makes the dealer honor price at ordering also.

I can't speak for other dealers, but our process has always been to agree on a price before placing the order, making a copy for both us, and the customer, then placing the order. We don't have to sign anything or have the customer agree to pricing for Bronco Sport now, and the conversion process should be the same for Full Size.

I hope you're right, I really do. I've heard/seen shady deals on things way less popular then the Bronco. Time will tell.
Get your pricing in writing at order conversion. You still have the power to switch until the order is actually converted.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When Ford decided to not offer X plan, we as consumers lost something. This in no way can be a good thing for the consumer. Savings were real. Reduced risk was real. Reduced time in finding preferred dealer was real. No time spent negotiating was real. The ease of purchasing the new Bronco that we all have grown to love is gone.

I would much rather purchase my Bronco from a dealer that is an hour away than a day away. With X plan, the difference between Granger/Stephens or similar was absolutely not worth the added hassle, flights or shipping, etc. I now have to make that assessment again (albeit with an OR dealer) once I talk with my dealer and other dealers in my area.

No, it is not the end of the world and I am extremely lucky that this is what my problem is compared to so many others. If B&P comes in lower than what I was expecting that would help too. None of this though makes it a good thing.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When Ford decided to not offer X plan, we as consumers lost something. This in no way can be a good thing for the consumer. Savings were real. Reduced risk was real. Reduced time in finding preferred dealer was real. No time spent negotiating was real. The ease of purchasing the new Bronco that we all have grown to love is gone.

I would much rather purchase my Bronco from a dealer that is an hour away than a day away. With X plan, the difference between Granger/Stephens or similar was absolutely not worth the added hassle, flights or shipping, etc. I now have to make that assessment again (albeit with an OR dealer) once I talk with my dealer and other dealers in my area.

No, it is not the end of the world and I am extremely lucky that this is what my problem is compared to so many others. If B&P comes in lower than what I was expecting that would help too. None of this though makes it a good thing.

I agree, it's not a good thing as something was lost. As you said it's not the end of the world, and the customer still holds more power than they would with the traditional new vehicle release. With the added time to switch, it gives you more time to pick your dealer. Hopefully more dealers will jump on this board and be the good guys, just late to the party.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still feel a ton of people complaining about X-Plan weren't even eligible to use it...

nbennett14

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Fusion, 14 Fusion, 07 Expedition, 14 Grand Cherokee SRT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Luckily I will be able to use the Z plan, but feel bad for those of you that got shafted with the cancelling of the x-plan. When I spoke to my dealer they were amazed that there were actually any dealers willing to offer below invoice anyways. Like everyone else has said, dealers have no reason to b/c they are going to sell one way or another. Only downfall for them is if people are smart and move their reservation, then that dealership wont have any bronco's on the lot for awhile since they wont get their dealer orders till after all reservations are made.(I think that's way I read it works)

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still feel a ton of people complaining about X-Plan weren't even eligible to use it...
A good many of us bought MCA memberships. It turns out I didn't need it in the end with the October surprise Granger deal, but for the $1,300 deal they offered prior to that, it was well worth $25.

Chris

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe this has been answered already, but I can't find it.

Does the removal of x-plan open the door for dealers to slap markups on ordered Broncos?

As has been mentioned, the x-plan allowed buyers to purchase the vehicle at invoice and, more importantly, prevented shenanigans like huge fees and markups.

Now that x-plan is not allowed, does this open the door for dealers to slap on huge markups/fees on ordered Broncos?

Since I'm in CA, I wouldn't be surprised if I went to finally go pick up my Wildtrak next Summer/Fall, and the dealer tacks on an additional $10K ADM.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe this has been answered already, but I can't find it.

Does the removal of x-plan open the door for dealers to slap markups on ordered Broncos?

As has been mentioned, the x-plan allowed buyers to purchase the vehicle at invoice and, more importantly, prevented shenanigans like huge fees and markups.

Now that x-plan is not allowed, does this open the door for dealers to slap on huge markups/fees on ordered Broncos?

Since I'm in CA, I wouldn't be surprised if I went to finally go pick up my Wildtrak next Summer/Fall, and the dealer tacks on an additional $10K ADM.
Short answer, yes they can charge more. But, if you're ordering from them, get the pricing in writing when you order and you should be okay (minus the crap they might try and sneak past you like VIN etching, undercoating, all that junk).

Chris

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's my leverage? The price needs to be hammered out before anyone gives them a deposit. And if I wanna play hardball and walk away to threaten not buying, then what happens with my reservation? What if I hold and not get my $100 back... We have December and January to place order or we're SOL?
Dealer knows this! They'll just wait me out and I'll end up paying what they want...?
I'm confused.

I understand the fact that the dealers do not need to honour the X-plan, but I thought they were still mandated to sell at MSRP? And still could not charge whatever they want. Am I wrong with assertion?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm confused.

I understand the fact that the dealers do not need to honour the X-plan, but I thought they were still mandated to sell at MSRP? And still could not charge whatever they want. Am I wrong with assertion?
You are wrong. Dealers can charge what they want. Ford strongly suggested no ADMs....that's all they can do.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's my leverage? The price needs to be hammered out before anyone gives them a deposit. And if I wanna play hardball and walk away to threaten not buying, then what happens with my reservation? What if I hold and not get my $100 back... We have December and January to place order or we're SOL?
Dealer knows this! They'll just wait me out and I'll end up paying what they want...?
I'm confused.

You are wrong. Dealers can charge what they want. Ford strongly suggested no ADMs....that's all they can do.
The leverage we all have is that we can switch dealers. Your reservation moves to the dealer you wish. You don't lose your place in line. And the displaced dealer, loses on the sale, which would account towards the dealer volume rebate with Ford, and more importantly, the dealer doesn't get to count in their converted reservations statistics which goes towards their allotment of floor plan Broncos they would get after the pre-orders are done.

Dzrt1st

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch, Toyota Tundra, RX7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a lot of bad info here on what X-Plan is and what the cost is.
First, it is a vendor/supplier discount for companies that work with Ford. There are stipulations to using it such as providing paystubs and proof of eligibility, which gets us to PIN numbers. You have to generate and present a PIN number for the pricing along with the required documents. Mustang Club of America also has an X-Plan, which is probably how this was taken away as buyers were joining to get the discount. X-Plan is NOT for everybody and not for customers just walking in that are not part of the supplier/partner group.
X-Plan pricing is INVOICE -0.4% +$275 program fee and caps dealer fees at either $100 or $150. I don't remember specifically.

*edited because I hadn't had enough coffee.
It is also available to shareholders. I've been a shareholder since before I ever knew there was going to be a new Bronco.
Sponsored