First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a voicemail, but no missed call on my phone, from my dealer around 4 pm yesterday. They said Ford was making them reconfirm orders again by end of day yesterday and I’d need to call them or my (second) order would be purged. I seldom check voicemail, but did after lunch today and got the message. I called the sales guy and he said my order had been purged by Ford because he didn’t hear back from me yesterday. We spoke last month and I told him I wasn’t modifying anything and I was still interested. Price protection wasn’t at stake for my order. I asked him why Ford was in the business of alienating loyal customers, and since he knows me personally why he hadn’t called me more than once or sent me a text. Typical blah blah blah responses followed. Good work, Ford.

He did say that prices are increasing drastically. He cited $8400 on a badlands package. I‘m not sure if that is accurate, but I wouldn’t be surprised.
Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a voicemail, but no missed call on my phone, from my dealer around 4 pm yesterday. They said Ford was making them reconfirm orders again by end of day yesterday and I’d need to call them or my (second) order would be purged. I seldom check voicemail, but did after lunch today and got the message. I called the sales guy and he said my order had been purged by Ford because he didn’t hear back from me yesterday. We spoke last month and I told him I wasn’t modifying anything and I was still interested. Price protection wasn’t at stake for my order. I asked him why Ford was in the business of alienating loyal customers, and since he knows me personally why he hadn’t called me more than once or sent me a text. Typical blah blah blah responses followed. Good work, Ford.

He did say that prices are increasing drastically. He cited $8400 on a badlands package. I‘m not sure if that is accurate, but I wouldn’t be surprised.
It was the dealer that eff'd it. Sorry for the trouble.

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure Ford wanted to purge your order but I highly doubt the dealer would let it slip away...my bet is they kept your order for their lot.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer most likely did not do the COPV for your order. They had until the 3/7 I believe and had weeks worth of warnings the purge was coming. Looks like Ford actually gave them an additional week to fix their screwup. This is on them, not Ford, and should of been completed last fall when you reordered.

Prices did go up 2/10 and again tomorrow 3/15. If you had an early order with a Private Offer, it can hit $8,400 total depending on order date and options.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer is screwing you. Not Ford. You should do what you can to put them on blast. Write a google review with 1 star and explain in detail that this dealership is in this business of coning customers and stealing orders. Then do it again on yelp. Then do it again on BBB. At the very least they will have a permanent stain on their record. And at the very best they will reach out and try to correct it. You can also try contacting Ford directly.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It took a week. I think this is the first of the predicted posts after the non-COVP purge.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took a week. I think this is the first of the predicted posts after the non-COVP purge.
Unfortunately, it was bound to happen to someone. That is a huge loss for a buyer especially with the second price increase this year coming tomorrow.

Sarah Davis

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2017 Cmax, 1992 Lincoln Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That would be on your dealer, and it could have been for multiple reasons. but I know we had 1 order that did not get the COVP, they contacted us on Tuesday March 7th that if we didn't contact them by close on Monday then it would be deleted. we luckily were able to let them know it was a true order that does still want his bronco.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price protection wasn’t at stake for my order. I asked him why Ford was in the business of alienating loyal customers, and since he knows me personally why he hadn’t called me more than once or sent me a text. Typical blah blah blah responses followed. Good work, Ford.
1. Why wouldn't price protection apply this order?

2. Ford is not in the business of alienating customers, your salesman that you know personally screwed up. Has nothing to do with Ford. Ford gave all the dealerships plenty of time and warnings to make sure COVP was done correctly.

I would question, your buddy as to why he did you dirty. Blasting them on reviews does nothing. You will have better luck going in to talk to him/manager about what happened and see how they can help.

B/c it is their business to sell vehicles, not to alienate loyal customers, losing an order is not very advantageous for them.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have to agree, dealer f'd this up. As Alpha1 said, we knew about this for weeks and any orders without an approved COVP or were in PC99 got nuked. Doubt it was malicious and more likely an oversite on someone's part, caught and tried to save at the last minute. Whatever the reason, it's on the dealer, not Ford.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Why wouldn't price protection apply this order?

2. Ford is not in the business of alienating customers, your salesman that you know personally screwed up. Has nothing to do with Ford. Ford gave all the dealerships plenty of time and warnings to make sure COVP was done correctly.

I would question, your buddy as to why he did you dirty. Blasting them on reviews does nothing. You will have better luck going in to talk to him/manager about what happened and see how they can help.

B/c it is their business to sell vehicles, not to alienate loyal customers, losing an order is not very advantageous for them.
This reservation was from 8/2021 not my original reservation from 7/2020 for my current Bronco, so I didn’t think I qualified for price protection. This was Bronco #2 for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: