Black Diamond
Just ordered from etrailer.com
Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch class III 2" #DT37GR $141.51
Mounting Bracket 4-pole Flat #18144 $14.69
T-1 Wiring Harness 4-pole connector #TK99VR $107.67
Shipping FREE
Tax $14.95
Total $286.82

The Draw-Tite Hitch is longer than the Ford or Curtis hitch bringing it out flush with the spare tire making it easier to hook up a trailer or bike mounts etc.

Much cheaper than the OEM Ford Hitch and wiring and Hitch set up.
Now all I need to get is my Bronco whenever it gets built.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, I'll be interested to see if you can see the ball with the back-up camera. I think I've heard that you cannot see the ball with the stock hitch.

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost did the same, but In the end I chose the shorter Curt with an additional extension (that I can remove). Why? Little better clearance when off-road by not having that extra foot hanging off the back all the time. Final price was about the same…and install was super easy.
Ford Bronco Ordered Draw-Tite Hitch for Bronco 58777AA9-496F-455D-82F8-6D01FC704C4D

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the curt. I purchased an extender to put in for bikes, but my snowmobile trailer I can hookup unloaded without swinging the tailgate open. I went with the Ford harness which took a substantial amount of time to install, but wasn’t hard. The next week curt came out with a plug and play option :).

I was worried about busting my shin on grocery runs with the Draw-Tite. Good luck and enjoy! The 2.7 tows quite easily. Here I am on a supply run for some plywood

Ford Bronco Ordered Draw-Tite Hitch for Bronco 3682D6AC-5A74-4EEE-B127-26C33FD1C4F9

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Much cheaper than the OEM Ford Hitch and wiring and Hitch set up.
It's been said before and I'll say it again; all these aftermarket options are definitely cheaper than the factory tow IF you only want/need the 4-pin connector. If you have or intend to get any trailer with trailer brakes, which is pretty much any trailer over 1,000 lbs and definitely any camper over 1,000 lbs, you'll need a 7-pin which will be a huge hassle to add after the fact and put you right back or past the cost of the factory tow package.

The factory tow option comes with both 4 and 7 pin connectors as well as being pre-wired for a brake controller. Since I pull a small, 2,500 lb camper a 7-pin is a must for me and having installed hitches and plugs in the past, I know it's well worth the wait for the factory tow option.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, it has been documented here that the Etrailer and Curt plug-and-play wiring harnesses do NOT WORK if your Bronco has the halogen style tail lights (ie not the LED signature lights). You can make it work but you have to reconfigure the wiring harnesses to swap some of the wires around. Read more here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...er-wiring-harness-out-for-bronco.25164/page-4

I have reached out to Curt and told them about this, provided them with pictures and info, etc. They were polite, but have not replied or given me any feedback at all, even though they are selling something that only works on some Broncos, despite their website indicating otherwise.
Sponsored