First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven’t been this excited about a vehicle/automobile/truck in a looong time. I was actually “giddy “ as I placed my order. I think many of you know exactly how I feel.

Throughout this journey, from the July 13 reveal until today, there has been a mixed bag of joy, excitement, aggravation, disappointment, etc... Most likely, there will be more of all those emotions through delivery.

As we wait, and surely encounter the negative feelings once again, please allow me to offer some perspective:
1st-What a blessing that we can get a Bronco. Many people want to get one but cannot.
2nd-No matter how much you want a Bronco, there are more important things in life. I lost both parents and all of my siblings in a 10 year span. I would give everything I own to have just one of them with me today.
3rd-Time has helped heal the wounds. For so long, I could not get excited about anything. It has been such a joy to be excited about the Bronco, however, the loss of my family has taught me perspective. While I am super excited about my Bronco, the delays, etc.. will work themselves out. In the meantime, I want to focus on what is really important-the people in my life I love! I hope this will help someone struggling with perspective as we wait.

Looking forward to the Bronco wave in the future!
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have the words to address any of that, but I understand what you're saying.
While I truly have a passion for Broncos, old and new, I REALLY look forward to spending time with my wife and daughter in it.
HoosierDaughter is about to get her permit any day now, and that has been a deciding factor for getting the manual. To create a memory that will be with her for the rest of her life....and maybe , with any luck, someday she can teach her kids also! (and probably her husband also, LOL)

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't have the words to address any of that, but I understand what you're saying.
While I truly have a passion for Broncos, old and new, I REALLY look forward to spending time with my wife and daughter in it.
HoosierDaughter is about to get her permit any day now, and that has been a deciding factor for getting the manual. To create a memory that will be with her for the rest of her life....and maybe , with any luck, someday she can teach her kids also! (and probably her husband also, LOL)
You have your priorities right! So glad to hear of your plans for your family, they are fortunate to have a great husband and father 😃

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good perspective. No doubt we are all fortunate to be in a position to drive what will surely be the most epic vehicle of all time. Wishing you and everyone else a peaceful and stress free waiting period.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven’t been this excited about a vehicle/automobile/truck in a looong time. I was actually “giddy “ as I placed my order. I think many of you know exactly how I feel.

Throughout this journey, from the July 13 reveal until today, there has been a mixed bag of joy, excitement, aggravation, disappointment, etc... Most likely, there will be more of all those emotions through delivery.

As we wait, and surely encounter the negative feelings once again, please allow me to offer some perspective:
1st-What a blessing that we can get a Bronco. Many people want to get one but cannot.
2nd-No matter how much you want a Bronco, there are more important things in life. I lost both parents and all of my siblings in a 10 year span. I would give everything I own to have just one of them with me today.
3rd-Time has helped heal the wounds. For so long, I could not get excited about anything. It has been such a joy to be excited about the Bronco, however, the loss of my family has taught me perspective. While I am super excited about my Bronco, the delays, etc.. will work themselves out. In the meantime, I want to focus on what is really important-the people in my life I love! I hope this will help someone struggling with perspective as we wait.

Looking forward to the Bronco wave in the future!
What an amazing post. Thank you for this. Sorry for your losses, but your message hit the spot for me. God bless you!

Sponsored

Shefoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with your sentiment whole heartedly... While I'm not a religious person, I always acknowledge how blessed I & my husband are. As I go through yet another medical anomaly, I just look at it as happy to be alive each day, have a good job, and do what I want (for the most part)!

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great perspective and attitude! Thank you and God bless!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate you sharing thoughts. Perspective is everything.

I believe Ford has created possibly a once in a generation vehicle....we’ll see.

What I do know is it’s a vehicle that has covered the spectrum of buyers as indicated by this forum. It’s so cool that people in there twenty’s all the way to eighties are buyers and excited for Bronco.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, you mean you are not going to complain about normal B6G things like paint color, inconsequential accessories or production schedules beyond anyone's control and that no one will remember in a year or two? You need to really get your priorities straight. In all seriousness, thank you for elevating us up from the rather surficial existence that this site is, to reflect on what really matters in life. Something tells me that when you take that first ride in your new bronco, that the truck will be full of family members-both past and present.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the positivity. Always good to have perspective.

I have to remind myself often that I have no right to complain. I'm in a position to drop 50k on a new car in a pandemic. I'm not sure how more fortunate I could be. If it takes longer than I'd like to get it, so be it.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Perspective-While We Wait GIF-nod-agreeing-agree--Nodding-GIF

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Takes me back to when I taught my daughter to drive a manual in my F250 I told her this will be the hardest manual she would ever drive. Also told her that when in doubt, drop it into 1st, and go from there. Not sure how the new manual will work, but that one you pretty much put the clutch in and pushed and you were in 2nd with momentum, minimizing stall outs. She now prefers manuals, as do I, but wife....