Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Takes me back to when I taught my daughter to drive a manual in my F250 I told her this will be the hardest manual she would ever drive. Also told her that when in doubt, drop it into 1st, and go from there. Not sure how the new manual will work, but that one you pretty much put the clutch in and pushed and you were in 2nd with momentum, minimizing stall outs. She now prefers manuals, as do I, but wife....
My boy just started driving in last month. His car is an auto. I learned to drive on a manual 1981 Honda Civic hatchback. Though Iā€™m incredibly grateful for my experience, I was worried ā€œlearning to driveā€ with a MT was more hazardous from my experience. I was so focused on clutch, gear, gas, it put me in a bad situation more than once early on in my driving years.

I currently own no MT in my household, but so want to teach my kids how to drive one.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My boy just started driving in last month. His car is an auto. I learned to drive on a manual 1981 Honda Civic hatchback. Though Iā€™m incredibly grateful for my experience, I was worried ā€œlearning to driveā€ with a MT was more hazardous from my experience. I was so focused on clutch, gear, gas, it put me in a bad situation more than once early on in my driving years.

I currently own no MT in my household, but so want to teach my kids how to drive one.
Actually, you're on to something.
Not that I'd have my unlicensed daughter behind the wheel while tooting around the subdivision, ... :rolleyes: but I think learning the foundation of "ROAD RULES" ...BEFORE adding a manual to the mix is a good idea.
I'd imagine she'd do great her first time driving a manual though! šŸ˜

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know how to respond to this. It's all foreign to me. It's like a big Love Fest. I must get out of here quickly before I lose perspective.
Seriously, I hope you really enjoy your new ride!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the great post OP. Your words will help me be more appreciative of family, friends, health, prosperity and eventually my bronco.

MDH Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F350 Crew cab 4x4 powestroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome view and perspective and you have it right while we crave these material thing, family and friends are what maters the most and I'm sorry for your losses and thank you for this post