Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The gsx1000s looks like a JetMoto, I’ve owned a S3 and it wasn’t as comfy as I expected a naked bike to be coming off a cross plane R1, the street fighter and super Duke seem similarly compromised, the Tuono is tiny... and the cb1000r is now on my list as well. Motorcycle news has a raving review.
I liked my 2010 Z1000 seemed roomy, the GSXS is similarly roomy. The Super Duke is a tall mans dream with a motor than is just amazing.
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I liked my 2010 Z1000 seemed roomy, the GSXS is similarly roomy. The Super Duke is a tall mans dream with a motor than is just amazing.
Always wanted that z1000.

the super Duke is such an absurd bike, I love it.... but my style just happens to be more cb1100, t120, speed twin, etc.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No offense but why is the CB1000R on the list then? I like that neo cafe look but it is considerably underpowered in comparison to a Speed Triple, S1000R, Super Duke, Tuono, Streetfighter, or even GSX1000S. Don't sleep on the GSX1000S, incredibly smooth and power all over the rev range. Most underrated Japanese naked for sure.

Don't look past the 690 Enduro either ;)
Yeah, I haven't done too much research on dual sports, I'm sure the KTM is a blast.

Back to the main question, "fast" is all relative. How much power do you need? I've hit the top speed on both the SV (on the track--while being passed like I was standing still by liter bikes) and the VFR (more than the official top speed actually, long downhill stretch of highway in Nevada). The CB1000R will be more than enough for me. I like the looks and I also like the single-sided swingarm. And it's on the list because it's a Honda, I know it will work. My VFR runs flawlessly, 27 years after I bought it (after upgrading the regulator/rectifier and the stock suspension years ago).

For that matter, my SV has also been great, after changing out a lot of parts--but that's easy with an SV. I'll have to take a closer look at the GSX1000S, although I don't like the looks as much as the other bikes.

The gsx1000s looks like a JetMoto, I’ve owned a S3 and it wasn’t as comfy as I expected a naked bike to be coming off a cross plane R1, the street fighter and super Duke seem similarly compromised, the Tuono is tiny... and the cb1000r is now on my list as well. Motorcycle news has a raving review.
Local dealer can give test rides on the Speed Triple so I'll check it out. I've ridden a friend's Super Duke, I really liked it. But I've also ridden a previous generation S1000R and liked it better.

Last edited:

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm seriously thinking of ordering this instead. I've always wanted one.

Mustang 2.JPG
Mustang 3.JPG

Mustang 1.JPG
Looked at 2 2020s this weekend... I want a convertible dammit!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I haven't done too much research on dual sports, I'm sure the KTM is a blast.

Back to the main question, "fast" is all relative. How much power do you need? I've hit the top speed on both the SV (on the track--while being passed like I was standing still by liter bikes) and the VFR (more than the official top speed actually, long downhill stretch of highway in Nevada). The CBR1000R will be more than enough for me. I like the looks and I also like the single-sided swingarm. And it's on the list because it's a Honda, I know it will work. My VFR runs flawlessly, 27 years after I bought it (after upgrading the regulator/rectifier and the stock suspension years ago).

For that matter, my SV has also been great, after changing out a lot of parts--but that's easy with an SV. I'll have to take a closer look at the GSX1000S, although I don't like the looks as much as the other bikes.

Local dealer can give test rides on the Speed Triple so I'll check it out. I've ridden a friend's Super Duke, I really liked it. But I've also ridden a previous generation S1000R and liked it better.
Do you mean the cb1000r abs are referencing the 2005 cbr1000rr engine it has, which I agree is more than enough? Or did you mean a cbr1000rr from the beginning?

I just didn’t like how tilted forward the seat is, I wish it were flatter like the cb1100.

but it’s torque curve is awesome.

slightky buzzier than an in-line four.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In 2018 BMW switched its parts logistics management system to SAP. On most parts there was up to a 6-month wait because the switchover was FUBAR'd beyond recognition.

Ford builds a million F-series trucks a year alone. BMW builds about 2.3M in total vehicles per year. Ford is triple that.

Lol.
SAP is the consultant's gift from heaven!!! You can get it any way you want it, but really you should just change your comapny to work the way it wants it to.

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I don’t hold out for the bronco I think I will seriously regret holding out if I buy a wrangler or any other suv,

but Ford is making me feel like a cuckold, a CUCKOLD!!!

so if this gets super shitshowey I may go in an absurd different direction
0C3EF8A7-C2BE-4F09-A3AC-46ADFAE36C6C.png
8719565E-262F-4914-A90D-B8CA1E4D497F.png
83A60323-FFFE-4A81-BF85-6F4CB783A0C2.png
or anyone have a MINT Volvo 240 or Honda Element they would like to sell me at a non ‘20/‘21 price gouge??
That Regal Sportback (?) is a box of plastic on wheels. I test drove one with my dad when he was in the market and we both were not impressed.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you mean the cb1000r abs are referencing the 2005 cbr1000rr engine it has, which I agree is more than enough? Or did you mean a cbr1000rr from the beginning?

I just didn’t like how tilted forward the seat is, I wish it were flatter like the cb1100.

but it’s torque curve is awesome.

slightky buzzier than an in-line four.
Oops, typo. CB1000R. Not the CBR1000RR. I'll see if I can edit my post.

I'd love the CBR1000RR, but my wrists wouldn't during normal riding. I also don't want that much plastic on my next bike.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always wanted that z1000.

the super Duke is such an absurd bike, I love it.... but my style just happens to be more cb1100, t120, speed twin, etc.
Sadly the first purchased Street Triple RS in America hit me and took out my Z1000 and the RS. 😕

I am loving the KTM LC8 on my current bike. It's just a riot to ride.

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SAP is the consultant's gift from heaven!!! You can get it any way you want it, but really you should just change your comapny to work the way it wants it to.
Welcome to the world of large enterprise systems. Our accounting system is so damn complex and I'm still using Excel spreadsheets for reporting. Hate it.

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm probably going to put in a reservation for this on June 1. First deliveries are expected in early 2022 and somehow I believe that more coming from a German company rather than a mismanaged American auto manufacturer. It'll be a race, who gets here first...the Bronco or I4.

Yes it's completely different, but I was/am never going to off-road my Bronco anyway...

Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg
And another one bites the dust! Thanks for moving us up a notch... you'll love the i4!

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And another one bites the dust! Thanks for moving us up a notch... you'll love the i4!
Ummmm, not quite. Never said I was cancelling my order, just seeing which will get here first. Plus if I did cancel, my dealer will take it for dealer stock.

Now the i4 seems less likely since BMW wants $1,500 for a reservation. I'm not excited about that at all.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found the KTM vtwin to be an acquired taste. But I'm actually quite fond of the lack of buzz in the handlebars. Most every inline 4 I've ridden has made my hand go numb after some riding. A gearing change generally solves that but it's costly and can negatively affect acceleration if done wrong.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And it's a German product, which was my point. ;)

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ummmm, not quite. Never said I was cancelling my order, just seeing which will get here first. Plus if I did cancel, my dealer will take it for dealer stock.

Now the i4 seems less likely since BMW wants $1,500 for a reservation. I'm not excited about that at all.
Yeah that amount is a turn off. Stick with the Bronco and stop flirting lol
Sponsored