Plan B

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
MR2 Turbo... The 89 - 99 models with the turbos were fantastic! I never could get my mind around the idea of that MR2 Spyder with no power that they put out in the early 2000's.
Always can swap in a 2zz, 3sgte, K20, etc. Into them to make them beastly, also 2GR

Why, listen to this:

Advertisement

Jalisurr

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution, '09 Corvette Z06, '08 ZX-6R
Vehicle Showcase
MR2 Turbo... The 89 - 99 models with the turbos were fantastic! I never could get my mind around the idea of that MR2 Spyder with no power that they put out in the early 2000's.
My partner has a '90 JDM MR2. That's a heck of a fun car, we use it for auto-x. Lots of engine swap options too as mentioned if you want to build a track beast.

The later MR-S the easy thing is to swap the 1ZZ for the 2ZZ, then you have all the lotus supercharging options available to you.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
I'm also oddly interested in the rumored "mini truck" that is due out after the Bronco. If it resembles the Falcon Ute from Australia in any way then that would be my hardest choice to make vs Bronco. I'd love a Ute with Focus ST power and a 6-speed manual.
I don’t think you’re going to be interested in Courier.

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
My partner has a '90 JDM MR2. That's a heck of a fun car, we use it for auto-x. Lots of engine swap options too as mentioned if you want to build a track beast.

The later MR-S the easy thing is to swap the 1ZZ for the 2ZZ, then you have all the lotus supercharging options available to you.
And the things lighter than a Miata with the engine where it should be, total win win

Drove one few years ago, such a nice little toy too
20160310_120807.jpg
20160310_120411-2.jpg

20160310_121618.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is one of those cars that it shouldn't matter if it's hardly a creampuff, right? (Think this one had 17k miles on it)

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96/'97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L, '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD, '15 VW Golf TDI

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok.... How come?
A transit connect based front wheel drive tiny little “truck” the size of a Focus? Drive a connect for any length of time, feel how absolutely commercial work truck focused it is, see how plasticy and basic it is, then come back and tell me if you’d want to drive one with the back cut off if you weren’t a delivery guy for a local auto parts store, don’t run a pest control company, or aren’t part of the data division of a local telecom. Payload will be minimal, trailer towing around 1500 lbs if you’re lucky and if you’re wider than an anorexic model you’ll feel cramped on a long drive.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96/'97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L, '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TD, '15 VW Golf TDI
Decided to work on plan C over the weekend, which is just refreshing/upgrading my ZJ and keeping it on the road a couple more years.

20200403_194755.jpg

OP
Chadillac

Chadillac

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nike size 12
I'll have to see the mini truck reveal before I can dismiss it. The Explorer St is really starting to garner my attention as well.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to see the mini truck reveal before I can dismiss it. The Explorer St is really starting to garner my attention as well.
Explorer ST is amazing. I'm really hoping we sell my Expedition soon, most of us have all sold our company cars as of late and we're starting to grab ST's. I drove one for a couple of days about three weeks ago and once I got used to the size once again, I loved it. The power and handling are perfect.

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Explorer ST is amazing. I'm really hoping we sell my Expedition soon, most of us have all sold our company cars as of late and we're starting to grab ST's. I drove one for a couple of days about three weeks ago and once I got used to the size once again, I loved it. The power and handling are perfect.
The Explorer ST is my default choice. Some have been really critical of the interior quality and suggest Ford may be planning an emergency refresh for the 21's. I've sat in a couple and didn't find them to be too bad, but I'll wait for the 21's just in case. Hopefully, they'll have Sync 4 as well.

martyb

First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
If Ford doesn’t announce something soon I am going to buy a new Denali to take advantage of the 84 month financing

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
If Ford doesn’t announce something soon I am going to buy a new Denali to take advantage of the 84 month financing
Don't most of the 84 month offers require you to give up incentives?

martyb

First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Don't most of the 84 month offers require you to give up incentives?
yes, but the math works out on payments (by almost $100/month) in taking the rate over the rebate for me...