Sponsored

Plastic VS. Steel Rear bumper

FTFRS

I'll be going steel because I'll 99% be going with either BD or BL, so they're standard. Which is good, because I think they definitely look better from the shots we've seen so far. I've also received my fair share of minor bumps in parking lots/street parking where people have cracked plastic bumpers on my vehicles, where a steel bumper would essentially just shrug it off with maybe a minor dent (added character, IMO).

Only thing that sticks out to me, literally, is that the bumpers (both steel and plastic) stick out past the width of the body and roughly match the fender flare width. With the modular front, I know it looks like we'll be able to remove a portion of the lower corners for higher clearance, but there's still an upper portion of the bumper that remains full width; for the rear it looks full width regardless of material. Which, IMO, is going to look weird if you remove the flares for off-road use (and for those that will run without flares on road with some sort of cover plate).

I'm sure there's some sort of safety standard that says the bumper needs to be full width or something, but it still strikes me as odd that they're pumping up how easily the flares are removed, when you're still gonna have bumper sticking out. Doesn't affect my decision at all, because I doubt I'll ever remove the flares unless I'm replacing a damaged one, just an observation.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that bumper made with Anacott Steel? If so, Blue Horseshoe is gonna love it
Ford Bronco Plastic VS. Steel Rear bumper 36DFF3BE-A81C-4483-B8A8-7B94CC59F8AD_1_201_a

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, the damage on those cars is more about short car vs tall SUV than steel vs plastic.
True, but same time, it's Plastic vs Steel and it come standard on the Black Jack now

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

is the steel bumper an add-on to all trims like the base?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

is the steel bumper an add-on to all trims like the base?
The modular steel front is optional on all trims except BD, BL, and FE where it is standard. They also get a rear steel. The rear steel isn't an option on any of the other trims.
Sponsored