stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford does not honor it's reservation holders.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would honestly take the order that's being built. Ford is so backed up I wouldn't see you getting a painted top for a couple years as there are a ton of 99s ahead of you waiting on those same tops. You could always opt for the ADV Fiberglass top, get it painted and sell your MIC top for enough to cover a large portion of the ADV top.

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would honestly take the order that's being built. Ford is so backed up I wouldn't see you getting a painted top for a couple years as there are a ton of 99s ahead of you waiting on those same tops. You could always opt for the ADV Fiberglass top, get it painted and sell your MIC top for enough to cover a large portion of the ADV top.
Exactly my plan for my Wildtrak.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received a VIN in the email from Ford. But, it’s not the vehicle I ordered and have been waiting on all this time. If I wanted a MIC top I think O would of had a vehicle months ago.
In normal times, I would agree with you, but I think Compta38 nailed it below;

As a single example, which we have no way to know if the percentages are similar to other dealers, Granger has 200-300 code 99 orders, most of those probably want the MOD top (hell, I want it, just saw the writing on the wall 15 months ago when Ford claimed they would have it in 2023 and gave up). Now that I am pushed well into 2023MY and likely 2024, if the top is available, I will go for it. Back to that ~250 code 99 orders, that would be nearly 20% of all the orders they got. So there have to be a lot of people waiting on that top if that 20% is even remotely similar across the board.

Take the Bronco now, get the aftermarket roof, sell the MIC to one of the folks that took the soft top to jump up their production. Cost you a couple grand extra all around more than likely, but you might cut out, literally, years... of waiting for the factory painted top (if they even make it in a color you want, or in 2023 at all.

OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In normal times, I would agree with you, but I think Compta38 nailed it below;

As a single example, which we have no way to know if the percentages are similar to other dealers, Granger has 200-300 code 99 orders, most of those probably want the MOD top (hell, I want it, just saw the writing on the wall 15 months ago when Ford claimed they would have it in 2023 and gave up). Now that I am pushed well into 2023MY and likely 2024, if the top is available, I will go for it. Back to that ~250 code 99 orders, that would be nearly 20% of all the orders they got. So there have to be a lot of people waiting on that top if that 20% is even remotely similar across the board.

Take the Bronco now, get the aftermarket roof, sell the MIC to one of the folks that took the soft top to jump up their production. Cost you a couple grand extra all around more than likely, but you might cut out, literally, years... of waiting for the factory painted top (if they even make it in a color you want, or in 2023 at all.
The dealer told me there will be painted tops available in 2023 but only in white or black. I’m theory it’s sounds good to plan to sale MIC top and get painted top once available, but have to find a buyer.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not sure what to do, I feel like I’m getting either jerked around by my dealership or they aren’t very organized.

I was a 7-14-20 time stamp with Joe Machens Ford in Columbia, MO. Priority code 19. Told I was 16 out of 46 allocated vehicles. Outer Banks, painted top, squatch, 2.7.

When the update came out around May 21’ that there was delay, I called dealer and he said it would likely be 2023 because of painted top. I said I’d wait and hopefully there was an all black interior for Outer Banks by then. I also asked to change color to black instead of iconic silver. I have a copy of that order.

Fast forward to last week. I get an email, says I ordered an Outer Banks with MIC top (not painted) and my order status on Ford now says through dealership. Color was never changed to black.

Sales rep says he doesn’t know what happened, but they are building my Bronco now. After telling him this isn’t the Bronco I ordered, he talks to sales manager and says I can come in and go through the initial ordering process and they would still honor the initial pricing. He confirms it will be 2023, but who knows when?

What am I missing? Advice on how to approach this when I go in to dealership? I am not an experienced new car buyer so any advice would be appreciated.

Side note: asked about Bronco Raptor. Said they reserved 3 and I could have one for sticker plus $25,000.

Maybe one day I’ll get my Bronco.

Thanks guys and gals.
Never mind how you lost your painted top. Take the MIC top and have it painted yourself later on. They paint up well. Or have it wrapped. Or plastidipped. Thats the reality of this car. Enjoy it. Dont fuss over who did what to the order.

A painted Bronco Top from OEM is so unlikely anytime soon, that its not worth thinking about. However, there are some nice aftermarket HT coming on the market . . . IMO

OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never mind how you lost your painted top. Take the MIC top and have it painted yourself later on. They paint up well. Or have it wrapped. Or plastidipped. Thats the reality of this car. Enjoy it. Dont fuss over who did what to the order.

A painted Bronco Top from OEM is so unlikely anytime soon, that its not worth thinking about. However, there are some nice aftermarket HT coming on the market . . . IMO
Went and saw three Broncos with MIC top. Definitely better than first version. Have you see a painted MIC top?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went and saw three Broncos with MIC top. Definitely better than first version. Have you see a painted MIC top?
I have a MIC top, and plan to plastidip mine white. I've had it for 5 months I think it's a fine piece of workmanship and I'm glad I got it. I've also repaired it when it blew off the car and it holds paint and epoxy well. You can check my posting from last fall to see the process. I just think it's more important to get the car than the top you want in the right color . . . Thats just my opinion. But you asked for opinions so I gave you mine. In the end everybody's got to do what works for them.

OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a MIC top, and plan to plastidip mine white. I've had it for 5 months I think it's a fine piece of workmanship and I'm glad I got it. I've also repaired it when it blew off the car and it holds paint and epoxy well. You can check my posting from last fall to see the process. I just think it's more important to get the car than the top you want in the right color . . . Thats just my opinion. But you asked for opinions so I gave you mine. In the end everybody's got to do what works for them.
No I appreciate people weighing in. Ive been patient this long, and all of a sudden a Bronco is being built for me with MIC. Have you heard anything if it’s better to paint or plastidip early before weathering or do you think it matters?

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No I appreciate people weighing in. Ive been patient this long, and all of a sudden a Bronco is being built for me with MIC. Have you heard anything if it’s better to paint or plastidip early before weathering or do you think it matters?
I personally think its too early to tell which is "better", depends on what you're looking for. If you're SURE you want a certain color, once you get it, paint is fine. If you want to experiment every few years, as I do, then you can wrap or plastidip. Both processes can be found on line. Its basically personalization with a car made to be personalized. I'm copying the white top of a 1966 Scout we had, but if I don't like the look after a few years, I can peel it off! Of course, I haven't done this yet. I'm just talking about it while i use it

What are your plans?

OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally think its too early to tell which is "better", depends on what you're looking for. If you're SURE you want a certain color, once you get it, paint is fine. If you want to experiment every few years, as I do, then you can wrap or plastidip. Both processes can be found on line. Its basically personalization with a car made to be personalized. I'm copying the white top of a 1966 Scout we had, but if I don't like the look after a few years, I can peel it off! Of course, I haven't done this yet. I'm just talking about it while i use it

What are your plans?
My buddy had a scout when I was in high school in middle of nowhere Kansas. Lots of good memories. I am getting the Outer Banks with squatch. May pull off the side steps. If I can find a good shop I may have them paint the top, but I want to give it a few weeks before pulling trigger on that. Tint window. I like the classic Bronco Insignia so will probably change out to those. Change out the oh shit blue accent handles for either black or another after market. So many options. …

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure what to do, I feel like I’m getting either jerked around by my dealership or they aren’t very organized.

I was a 7-14-20 time stamp with Joe Machens Ford in Columbia, MO. Priority code 19. Told I was 16 out of 46 allocated vehicles. Outer Banks, painted top, squatch, 2.7.

When the update came out around May 21’ that there was delay, I called dealer and he said it would likely be 2023 because of painted top. I said I’d wait and hopefully there was an all black interior for Outer Banks by then. I also asked to change color to black instead of iconic silver. I have a copy of that order.

Fast forward to last week. I get an email, says I ordered an Outer Banks with MIC top (not painted) and my order status on Ford now says through dealership. Color was never changed to black.

Sales rep says he doesn’t know what happened, but they are building my Bronco now. After telling him this isn’t the Bronco I ordered, he talks to sales manager and says I can come in and go through the initial ordering process and they would still honor the initial pricing. He confirms it will be 2023, but who knows when?

What am I missing? Advice on how to approach this when I go in to dealership? I am not an experienced new car buyer so any advice would be appreciated.

Side note: asked about Bronco Raptor. Said they reserved 3 and I could have one for sticker plus $25,000.

Maybe one day I’ll get my Bronco.

Thanks guys and gals.
This may not be the answer you want, and I am not trying to be rude. But, If you end up needing to reorder to fix this issue your dealer created it will probably barely affect your place in line. The line for people waiting for a painted top is probably not as long as you would imagine, especially spread across all the dealers. Once Ford starts to deliver painted top Broncos most order will probably have been fulfilled. Thus resulting in a short line.

I was able to change my color with a VIN. I know you still have other concerns with the current build. Just want you to know at least that part is correctable.

OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This may not be the answer you want, and I am not trying to be rude. But, If you end up needing to reorder to fix this issue your dealer created it will probably barely affect your place in line. The line for people waiting for a painted top is probably not as long as you would imagine, especially spread across all the dealers. Once Ford starts to deliver painted top Broncos most order will probably have been fulfilled. Thus resulting in a short line.

I was able to change my color with a VIN. I know you still have other concerns with the current build. Just want you to know at least that part is correctable.
Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate the response.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  1. Take this one.
  2. Reorder when the order banks open back up and ask them to 99 that one.
  3. Un-99 your new order when they introduce the painted MOD tops.
  4. Drive this one until that one comes in.
  5. ??????
  6. Sell this one then
  7. Profit - no seriously, you might profit depending upon how long that takes.
Sponsored