Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello fellow Bronco6G members!

My bronco has been built and shipped, so I’m trying to get everything in order for when it arrives at the dealership.

My salesman had to take a sudden leave of absence due to a death. This new person I got didn’t know anything about price protection or the programs that keep your bronco price as when you built it to avoid the price increase.

I’ve sent numerous screenshots and information in regards to how it works, and the general sales manager said that I’m wrong. He’s fairly new as a manager, I believe, so please help me figure this out.

I ordered in January ‘22 without a reservation. I made a change in February prior to the March 7th cutoff to make changes.

Aren’t I still protected? I may not be in the “price protection” group because of when I ordered, but there is still a program that covers those of us who ordered after that particular date but before March 7th. Correct? I’ve done so much reading here..thanks Bronco6G, but is there any more information I can provide to them to make sure they honor my price at the time of ordering?

Here are some things that I have found..
Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing 5BD0BF5D-E31C-443D-9FB3-D513306E33A0

Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing 39121099-3BB7-4C2D-9ED6-764BA2187D3D
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you have a copy of the window sticker to know what the MSRP is supposed to be? And do you know how much the "protected" price should differ from that?

You haven't indicated any of those details in your post.

Mine was easy, because it was a 2021 model, the dealer told me exactly what else I had to pay beyond the sticker value, and the final purchase went smoothly. Hope yours does as well.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have a copy of the window sticker to know what the MSRP is supposed to be? And do you know how much the "protected" price should differ from that?

You haven't indicated any of those details in your post.

Mine was easy, because it was a 2021 model, the dealer told me exactly what else I had to pay beyond the sticker value, and the final purchase went smoothly. Hope yours does as well.
Yes, the MSRP on the window sticker is $47,385. My build sheet shows a total price of $46,035. That’s a difference of $1,350. According to all the information I’ve found here, I’m protected from $1,250..which makes sense because $100 of that $1,350 is an increase in delivery.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, the MSRP on the window sticker is $47,385. My build sheet shows a total price of $46,035. That’s a difference of $1,350. According to all the information I’ve found here, I’m protected from $1,250..which makes sense because $100 of that $1,350 is an increase in delivery.
I hope you have a decent dealer who covers this. Let us know how it works out when you finally pick it up.

I had to remind the finance guy about the $1000 deposit that I had put down as well as the $100 to hold my place in line at the beginning. They took care of that no problem, thankfully.

Sponsored
OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's a flow chart somewhere. Did you look at it?
Yes, I sure did! It was so helpful; I even sent it so the manager could see it. And he STILL says, “if you ordered after March 2021, you have no protection.” Are you kidding me?!

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you have a decent dealer who covers this. Let us know how it works out when you finally pick it up.

I had to remind the finance guy about the $1000 deposit that I had put down as well as the $100 to hold my place in line at the beginning. They took care of that no problem, thankfully.
I sure do hope so too. Thanks, and I will let y’all know!

I just came here to see if I was, in fact, wrong and had misunderstood everything I’ve read here and on the Ford website. Cause the manager sure is certain that I’m wrong and he’s right.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I sure did! It was so helpful; I even sent it so the manager could see it. And he STILL says, “if you ordered after March 2021, you have no protection.” Are you kidding me?!
@Ford Motor Company is always happy to get involved with continuing education opportunities with their dealers. :cool:

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a January order as well, and it was delivered in September. I got price protection for both of the MY22 midyear price increases ($1500 and $500 for the Base model), and my dealer even gave me the $100 for the delivery increase.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a January order as well, and it was delivered in September. I got price protection for both of the MY22 midyear price increases ($1500 and $500 for the Base model), and my dealer even gave me the $100 for the delivery increase.
Kudos to your dealer! Here I am fighting for my $1,250..they’d laugh if I’d ask for the $100 delivery increase.

Were you a walk-in order, too?

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kudos to your dealer! Here I am fighting for my $1,250..they’d laugh if I’d ask for the $100 delivery increase.

Were you a walk-in order, too?
Yes, sir. There were two price increases -- one early on (February or March?) and the other in, I believe, July. Does the $1250 count both of those?

As for the $100, I didn't even think it would be protected, so I didn't ask. The dealer said I was entitled to it.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, sir. There were two price increases -- one early on (February or March?) and the other in, I believe, July. Does the $1250 count both of those?

As for the $100, I didn't even think it would be protected, so I didn't ask. The dealer said I was entitled to it.
Ma’am 🙋🏻‍♀️ Lol..but no worries! 🙂

Yes, the $1,250 covers the early price increase. It was $0 for July. I saw a flow chart and graph here that explained it. Following the flow chart, I only qualified for Columns B & C 🙂
Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing 798BDE29-4EB4-40E2-907F-C17F376FCDF9
Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing 798BDE29-4EB4-40E2-907F-C17F376FCDF9

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you ordered in 2022 and took possession of a MY22, then you definitely have price protection. It would have been iffy if you'd have been bumped to MY23, but there is NO doubt if you get the model year you ordered.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you ordered in 2022 and took possession of a MY22, then you definitely have price protection. It would have been iffy if you'd have been bumped to MY23, but there is NO doubt if you get the model year you ordered.
So long as you didn’t make any changes to your equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7th. 🙂 Taken directly from the Ford website back in September (I made sure to screenshot that 😆) and yet, a manager still can’t comprehend that. 🙄

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh great. I just spoke with my original salesman, and he didn’t even get price protection on his ordered Bronco at the same dealership. I guess I know where that leaves me.

I’m really hoping to have this all straightened out before my Bronco arrives.😞
Sponsored