Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If all else fails, You may also try the tactic of getting the dealer to agree to pay you back the price protection money when they receive it from Ford.

The mid year price protection money doesn’t come off the top for the dealer. They get it back 60 to 90 days after the sale. Ford has to verify the original person who ordered it was the one who purchased it. Folks in sales never see any of the price protection money. It comes into the back office. The GM and finance folks will see it.
I’ve thought about that. Best case would be to not have to finance that $1,250 though. But it certainly is an option! Better than not getting that $1,250 break at all.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello fellow Bronco6G members!

My bronco has been built and shipped, so I’m trying to get everything in order for when it arrives at the dealership.

My salesman had to take a sudden leave of absence due to a death. This new person I got didn’t know anything about price protection or the programs that keep your bronco price as when you built it to avoid the price increase.

I’ve sent numerous screenshots and information in regards to how it works, and the general sales manager said that I’m wrong. He’s fairly new as a manager, I believe, so please help me figure this out.

I ordered in January ‘22 without a reservation. I made a change in February prior to the March 7th cutoff to make changes.

Aren’t I still protected? I may not be in the “price protection” group because of when I ordered, but there is still a program that covers those of us who ordered after that particular date but before March 7th. Correct? I’ve done so much reading here..thanks Bronco6G, but is there any more information I can provide to them to make sure they honor my price at the time of ordering?

Here are some things that I have found..
5BD0BF5D-E31C-443D-9FB3-D513306E33A0.jpeg

39121099-3BB7-4C2D-9ED6-764BA2187D3D.jpeg
Since you have the window sticker, including destination & delivery, that should be your starting price before title fees, FordProtect, etc. Lets hope they don't charge you $250 for Co2 in the tires of an off road vehicle designed for deflating tires! The information you shared says you dont qualify for price protection, because you ordered in January of 2022.

SmartSelect_20221022-150946_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since you have the window sticker, including destination & delivery, that should be your starting price before title fees, FordProtect, etc. Lets hope they don't charge you $250 for Co2 in the tires of an off road vehicle designed for deflating tires! The information you shared says you dont qualify for price protection, because you ordered in January of 2022.
Right?! I wouldn’t be surprised by much at this point! Lol
Here is some more information I found later that does show I’m protected. 🙂
Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing A1A55064-C3D8-44E4-ADC9-89247780242F

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right?! I wouldn’t be surprised by much at this point! Lol
Here is some more information I found later that does show I’m protected. 🙂
Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing A1A55064-C3D8-44E4-ADC9-89247780242F
Good luck. I've usually found dealers who are pretty upfront and fairly trustworthy, if I'm a regular customer and established a relationship. One way they make a few extra $ is by using a "Preferred" lender, who pays them for the business but may also be a good rate for you as well. I usually take that offer.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good luck. I've usually found dealers who are pretty upfront and fairly trustworthy, if I'm a regular customer and established a relationship. One way they make a few extra $ is by using a "Preferred" lender, who pays them for the business but may also be a good rate for you as well. I usually take that offer.
Thanks! A win-win is for us to use a lender that they work with that has the best rate for us. I’m happy to help them that way. I’m still exploring outside options, in case that isn’t the case though.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once the vehicle is sold to the person who ordered it, Ford "re-invoices" the vehicle at the invoice price when it was ordered.

It's not like Ford writes the dealership a check for the difference, it's all electronic invoicing. They just re-balance the books.

Some folks have gotten their dealership to write them a check for the price protection difference after the fact, but if you live in a sales tax state that means you are paying tax on the difference.

Which is why I said it can be easier to start with the DORA rather than the window sticker. If you can get ahold of the dealer's copy of the DORA, even better, because the Dealer copy has both the MSRP and the Invoice price on it.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once the vehicle is sold to the person who ordered it, Ford "re-invoices" the vehicle at the invoice price when it was ordered.

It's not like Ford writes the dealership a check for the difference, it's all electronic invoicing. They just re-balance the books.

Some folks have gotten their dealership to write them a check for the price protection difference after the fact, but if you live in a sales tax state that means you are paying tax on the difference.

Which is why I said it can be easier to start with the DORA rather than the window sticker. If you can get ahold of the dealer's copy of the DORA, even better, because the Dealer copy has both the MSRP and the Invoice price on it.
I live in Texas, so I’d be paying 6.25% on the $1,250. Not much when you do the math, but that’s just more money I’d be financing.

At the end of the day, $1,250 (plus the 6.25% on that) doesn’t sound like a lot, but I think it’s just knowing that I’m paying that much more when I shouldn’t be. I’m not going to walk away from this Bronco for that amount, but I do hope that this all turns out well. I have a copy of my build sheet that shows my order summary, sales code, and order code, but I guess that’s not the DORA since it doesn’t have the invoice price on it, just the MSRP.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just had this conversation with my salesman this afternoon. My window sticker msrp is $1850 more than the build sheet I signed back when I ordered. I mentioned the info on Fords website that says I should be price protected and he said I have nothing to worry about, I’ll be paying the price on the sheet I signed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just had this conversation with my salesman this afternoon. My window msrp is $1850 more than the build sheet I signed back when I ordered. I mentioned the info on Fords website that says I should be price protected and he said I have nothing to worry about, I’ll be paying the price on the sheet I signed.
I wish it was that easy for me and everyone else who is having or has had that issue. 😩

Glad you aren’t having the same problem! 🙂

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess that’s not the DORA since it doesn’t have the invoice price on it, just the MSRP.
That's the customer's copy. The dealership copy also has the invoice price. I know, because my dealership accidentally showed their copy to me. :cool:

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the same exact situation on Monday at my dealer. Print all the price protection three including the program numbers. If it stalls, Call the Ford Bronco marketing team. The number is somewhere on here. Erika was so awesome to talk with and confirm the programs. Totally made the difference.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was in the same exact situation on Monday at my dealer. Print all the price protection three including the program numbers. If it stalls, Call the Ford Bronco marketing team. The number is somewhere on here. Erika was so awesome to talk with and confirm the programs. Totally made the difference.
Glad it worked out for you! I tried calling Ford Marketing yesterday, but they were closed. I’ll be calling first thing tomorrow to hopefully get this straightened out. I sent more information to my salesman yesterday to share with the GM and never heard back. He told me, “I’m going to be honest with you. He’s not going to give this to you.”

This dealership has been great to work with up until this point. I’ve heard nothing but great things about them, but I don’t think this GM was there at that time. I even asked my salesman how long he had been the GM and he said, “I can’t give you that information.” Seriously?! He didn’t even want to give me his name when I asked but finally did so.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll make it very simple, because even dealer's get confused.

The price you are supposed to pay is the price on your DORA from when you ordered in Jan, plus $100. Don't even look at the sticker price. The price is the DORA from when you ordered.

The $100 is because Ford increased the delivery fee, and that is not price protected. But, start with: this is the price I ordered at, and you might slip through the extra $100 as well.
My dealer didn't even add in the extra $100 for the destination charge increase. Not that I would have complained about $100. The price on my DORA and signed buyers order when I ordered is exactly what I paid.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad it worked out for you! I tried calling Ford Marketing yesterday, but they were closed. I’ll be calling first thing tomorrow to hopefully get this straightened out. I sent more information to my salesman yesterday to share with the GM and never heard back. He told me, “I’m going to be honest with you. He’s not going to give this to you.”

This dealership has been great to work with up until this point. I’ve heard nothing but great things about them, but I don’t think this GM was there at that time. I even asked my salesman how long he had been the GM and he said, “I can’t give you that information.” Seriously?! He didn’t even want to give me his name when I asked but finally did so.
It’s frustrating and infuriating at the same time. Just try and remain civil and polite.What they are saying is they want the price protection money as an ADM. each time Ford thinks they’ve communicated to their dealers to stop the Bs, the dealers just come up with another way.

my suggestion if they won’t budge. Try and convert the dollar difference to upgrade parts, useless extended warranty crap, or something of value. Lifetime oil changes, who knows. This isn’t about haggling over the price if they won’t budge, it’s about negotiating what else you can get thrown in.

Sorry again. It sucks for sure

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s frustrating and infuriating at the same time. Just try and remain civil and polite.What they are saying is they want the price protection money as an ADM. each time Ford thinks they’ve communicated to their dealers to stop the Bs, the dealers just come up with another way.

my suggestion if they won’t budge. Try and convert the dollar difference to upgrade parts, useless extended warranty crap, or something of value. Lifetime oil changes, who knows. This isn’t about haggling over the price if they won’t budge, it’s about negotiating what else you can get thrown in.

Sorry again. It sucks for sure
Thank you.

It certainly does suck. My husband told me that I’m just pissing them off, but it’s so hard to remain quiet on something that I believe I’m right on. I’m going to give it one more shot on Monday to see what Marketing tells me and see if that can resolve the issue. If not, I’ll give up. Sign for what they are saying I have to pay and just never return to that dealer.🤷🏻‍♀️
Sponsored