Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Escalade 06’ Lexus 470
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not sure what to do, I feel like I’m getting either jerked around by my dealership or they aren’t very organized.

I was a 7-14-20 time stamp with Joe Machens Ford in Columbia, MO. Priority code 19. Told I was 16 out of 46 allocated vehicles. Outer Banks, painted top, squatch, 2.7.

When the update came out around May 21’ that there was delay, I called dealer and he said it would likely be 2023 because of painted top. I said I’d wait and hopefully there was an all black interior for Outer Banks by then. I also asked to change color to black instead of iconic silver. I have a copy of that order.

Fast forward to last week. I get an email, says I ordered an Outer Banks with MIC top (not painted) and my order status on Ford now says through dealership. Color was never changed to black.

Sales rep says he doesn’t know what happened, but they are building my Bronco now. After telling him this isn’t the Bronco I ordered, he talks to sales manager and says I can come in and go through the initial ordering process and they would still honor the initial pricing. He confirms it will be 2023, but who knows when?

What am I missing? Advice on how to approach this when I go in to dealership? I am not an experienced new car buyer so any advice would be appreciated.

Side note: asked about Bronco Raptor. Said they reserved 3 and I could have one for sticker plus $25,000.

Maybe one day I’ll get my Bronco.

Thanks guys and gals.
Sponsored

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sounds like they 99'd your first order because of the top, then forgot about it. Call Team Bronco and see what they tell you to do. Tell them you have an order that you received via email confirming your change to Black. See if they can find you one made that matches the order you changed to. You probably need to do a three-way call with your salesman.

this exact same thing happened to me, but when i made my changes (removed the painted top) I didn't get the confirmation email. I called every day for a week until I got the salesman on the phone and made sure we did the order over the phone. He 99'd it and forgot about it and it was wrong.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you got an email last week confirming your order and all the sudden "they are building your Bronco now"??

Confirm what status you are actually in: Ordered, Scheduled (you would have a VIN), Production (you would have a window sticker).

Depending on your status you can still change your paint color. Ford has yet to definitively announce when a painted top will be available so you are assed out on that regardless.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1.800.334.4375 is Ford help line. Have all your information handy and be polite and patient.
They have helped me when similar dealer neglect or error occurred. This is not what the traditional dealers are used to managing...So they are proving their ignorance in this new way of car dealing .

Ford is here on the forum too:

Contact
Conversation Start conversation

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you got an email last week confirming your order and all the sudden "they are building your Bronco now"??

Confirm what status you are actually in: Ordered, Scheduled (you would have a VIN), Production (you would have a window sticker).

Depending on your status you can still change your paint color. Ford has yet to definitively announce when a painted top will be available so you are assed out on that regardless.

I received a VIN in the email from Ford. But, it’s not the vehicle I ordered and have been waiting on all this time. If I wanted a MIC top I think O would of had a vehicle months ago.

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Uh if the vehicle you got in the email with a vin is not the one you ordered…then sounds like they used your reservation to order someone else a Bronco. I would go in and sort it out.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you say you have a copy of your order from May '21 with the change from silver to black. Did they print off the new DORA for you? What was the priority code on that new order?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer reps have the ability to make non-constrained changes such as paint and seat options. Your dealer will need to call them and get it fixed but it will have to be done asap. If you are hell bent on the painted top there is not much you can do but work a deal with your dealer to be first in line to order when they are available.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So is the one you got the vin for the original build? If so, what top are they putting on it? I feel like we are all missing something here.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe just buy that bronco. I'm not seeing a problem. It's meant to be

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So is the one you got the vin for the original build? If so, what top are they putting on it? I feel like we are all missing something here.
MIC top. Somewhere between last May and now my order got changed from painted top to MIC. That is why I was so surprised when I got an email from Ford saying it was being built. I went back and looked, and I never got email confirmation about changing from iconic silver to black, but the order did say painted roof.

OP
OP

Bustinbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When you say you have a copy of your order from May '21 with the change from silver to black. Did they print off the new DORA for you? What was the priority code on that new order?

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure why this is a reservation nightmare. There’s no such thing as a painted top yet. How long were you going to wait for it? I don’t even think reservations matter anymore at this point unless you’re getting a raptor or Everglades

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were waiting for the mod top, the order should have been placed in a 99 priority code.

It sounds to me like the dealer printed you out a preview of your order in May '21 that contained your requested changes but did not actually submit your updated order in WBDO.

Therefore the order was left with a buildable priority code of 19 with your original color and the mod top was auto-dropped from the order in favor of the MIC when the mod top was declared unavailable for '22 and removed as an option.

When talking with your dealer I would ask them why the order wasn't placed in a 99 priority status since you wanted to wait until 2023. I would also try to get them to commit to giving you not just MSRP or whatever price point that you agreed to but also the price protection you would have received with your original order if they had done their job correctly.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am not sure what to do, I feel like I’m getting either jerked around by my dealership or they aren’t very organized.

I was a 7-14-20 time stamp with Joe Machens Ford in Columbia, MO. Priority code 19. Told I was 16 out of 46 allocated vehicles. Outer Banks, painted top, squatch, 2.7.

When the update came out around May 21’ that there was delay, I called dealer and he said it would likely be 2023 because of painted top. I said I’d wait and hopefully there was an all black interior for Outer Banks by then. I also asked to change color to black instead of iconic silver. I have a copy of that order.

Fast forward to last week. I get an email, says I ordered an Outer Banks with MIC top (not painted) and my order status on Ford now says through dealership. Color was never changed to black.

Sales rep says he doesn’t know what happened, but they are building my Bronco now. After telling him this isn’t the Bronco I ordered, he talks to sales manager and says I can come in and go through the initial ordering process and they would still honor the initial pricing. He confirms it will be 2023, but who knows when?

What am I missing? Advice on how to approach this when I go in to dealership? I am not an experienced new car buyer so any advice would be appreciated.

Side note: asked about Bronco Raptor. Said they reserved 3 and I could have one for sticker plus $25,000.

Maybe one day I’ll get my Bronco.

Thanks guys and gals.
If it’s going to be a 2023, how is it being built now? Ford is still building MY22 bronco’s.
Sponsored