Sponsored

Pod lights to the Upfitter Switch #5 - HELP!

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got a pair of DV8 3" Elite Series LED Pods lights for my Bronco. I wanted to write both to my Upfitter Switch #5, but I can only get one to turn on.

What is the issue? Do I need to write each pod individually to a switch?? I was able to wire a pair of KC Hilites Flex Era 3 to switch #4 with no issues.

What am I missing? I swapped out the wire connectors and even tried another pod light and still will only power 1 light instead of the pair.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Anything would help, thanks in advance!

https://dv8offroad.com/products/3-inch-led-pod-lights-be3ew40w
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sounds like the issue is with how you are pig tailing them together. Photos of how/what you are doing would help. The Aux switch throws 10A, so you should be fine on power delivery.

If I had to guess the positive and negative are flipped on "pod #2" - or - there is a bad crimp/solder/connection along the way, breaking the circuit to "pod 2"

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something is wrong in your wiring. Are you using a harness made for wiring both lights to one switch, or are you doing all the wiring yourself?

OP
OP
Peitnahtan

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This sounds like the issue is with how you are pig tailing them together. Photos of how/what you are doing would help. The Aux switch throws 10A, so you should be fine on power delivery.

If I had to guess the positive and negative are flipped on "pod #2" - or - there is a bad crimp/solder/connection alone the way, breaking the circuit to "pod 2"
I tried 2 separate wiring harness, one homemade and another I got pre-wired for 2 pod lights. I checked all connections and crimp, they're all solid.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried 2 separate wiring harness, one homemade and another I got pre-wired for 2 pod lights. I checked all connections and crimp, they're all solid.
Then at this point you are left to troubleshootin. Try swapping the pods and see if the same one or the same side illuminates. That would help narrow down if its a wiring or a pod light issue.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a multimeter? Check everything on the light that works...then trace along the wiring on the light that doesn't. Find where you lose power.
Sponsored