Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously not a dealbreaker, but curious if anyone knows if the Bronco (or 2021 f150 since they are the same) touchscreen appears dim/dark when viewed while wearing polarized sunglasses?
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why wouldn’t it? Every LCD screen I’ve ever looked at with polarized sunnies on looks strange….

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The worst are the gas pumps -- have to remove my sunglasses or do the old-man head tilt to look over them. Maybe that's an argument for an electric Bronco.

OP
OP
Streetfish

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why wouldn’t it? Every LCD screen I’ve ever looked at with polarized sunnies on looks strange….
Some of the vehicles that I have owned have not had this issue (my last BMW / Volvo) so it depends on the screen.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting - what makes the difference?

I’ll now need to look closer at the screen in my 2019 F150 to see if it’s any better/worse. I’m so used to looking at them with polarized glasses on I may not be noticing any difference.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most definitely will show darker when wearing polarized shades. They make screen protectors that reverse this effect, maybe they will make some for the bronco screens, or a cut to fit option might be a solution.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting - what makes the difference?

I’ll now need to look closer at the screen in my 2019 F150 to see if it’s any better/worse. I’m so used to looking at them with polarized glasses on I may not be noticing any difference.
2 polarized lens at 90 degrees of each other blocks all light so if the screen is polarized & you have polarized glasses on you may need to tilt your head to the side to see the read out.

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 polarized lens at 90 degrees of each other blocks all light so if the screen is polarized & you have polarized glasses on you may need to tilt your head to the side to see the read out.
Thank you for this. This has always been a question of mine, but one of those I never remember to actually look into and educate myself. Thank you, internet stranger, I'm going to blindly believe everything you said and assume you're an expert haha.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for this. This has always been a question of mine, but one of those I never remember to actually look into and educate myself. Thank you, internet stranger, I'm going to blindly believe everything you said and assume you're an expert haha.
Test it out, you'll see the text on the screen disappear,. & if you have 2 sets of polarized glasses hold them at 90 degrees of each other & you will not be able to see out of them.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I knew all that and have tested this out before. Science is fun!

I did take my truck out at lunch in bright sunshine and I could clearly read the 8” touchscreen with polarized lenses. Maui Jim’s, stingray model, rose-coloured.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try driving a vehicle with a tinted front windshield and polarized glasses on. Thought I was tripping the first few times driving my f150 after the new glasses & tint and seeing weird distortions/things in my line of vision. I rarely wear the sunglasses now, only if driver window is down or sunroof open.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The worst are the gas pumps -- have to remove my sunglasses or do the old-man head tilt to look over them. Maybe that's an argument for an electric Bronco.
For me that would be the ONLY argument for an e-bronc!

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try driving a vehicle with a tinted front windshield and polarized glasses on. Thought I was tripping the first few times driving my f150 after the new glasses & tint and seeing weird distortions/things in my line of vision. I rarely wear the sunglasses now, only if driver window is down or sunroof open.
I find the rear window to be the worst - swirls and distortions are very obvious with the rear defroster wires forming a reference grid.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Obviously not a dealbreaker, but curious if anyone knows if the Bronco (or 2021 f150 since they are the same) touchscreen appears dim/dark when viewed while wearing polarized sunglasses?
I own a 2021 F150 with the 12 inch touch screen and see it fine while wearing high-quality polarized glasses. Also, that thing is epic.
Sponsored