Sponsored

[Poll] How stupid am I for clinging on to hope of a future 2.7 V6 / 7MT Bronco?

How stupid am I for still clinging on to hope for the 2.7 V6 to be paired with the 7MT?

• Total voters
OP
OP
EVH1994

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a Jeep.
This thread is from 2 years ago. I accepted it would never happen and got the 4 banger. I’m happy with it.

Last edited:

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know that this is a old thread, as I posted in it a while back.....

I'm still unrealistically holding out a Snowballs Chance in H@ll that @Fordmotorcompany will offer the 2.7L with a MT.

I know that it's not looking good..... so hopefully they at least give us the 2.3L with the DI & PI (and not kill the MT).

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know that this is a old thread, as I posted in it a while back.....

I'm still unrealistically holding out a Snowballs Chance in H@ll that @Fordmotorcompany will offer the 2.7L with a MT.

I know that it's not looking good..... so hopefully they at least give us the 2.3L with the DI & PI (and not kill the MT).
I'm pretty sure the manual isn't rated for the kind of torque the 2.7 makes, so there isn't much chance of it happening. I test drove a manual big bend and had my order changed to a manual non-sas badlands until i had to reorder for 2023. it really is a great drivetrain.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure the manual isn't rated for the kind of torque the 2.7 makes, so there isn't much chance of it happening. I test drove a manual big bend and had my order changed to a manual non-sas badlands until i had to reorder for 2023. it really is a great drivetrain.
The MT can be "configured" to handle way more than the 2.7L could ever produce. We, well... this forum had that discussion a few years ago. We also questioned FoMoCo on why they chose to not have a Bolt-On Bell Housing. During original development it would have been extremely easy to have done.

All in all.... FoMoCo doesn't want to sell MT's, as they can make more profit from the AT's.

Which they (FoMoCo) did, because several folks surrendered the MT to get the 2.7L, who really wanted the MT, but also wanted the V6.

So....... I'm just waiting to see what FoMoCo will Allow us to order for 2024......

I will not give up on the MT (very personal and sentimental reasons) and I will not buy the 2.3L as long as it's DI only. If FoMoCo will put the newer 2.3L which is DI and PI, I would definitely consider it. Even though I truly want a 2.7L w/MT.

FoMoCo doing the 2.3L w/DI & PI is very possible. Time will tell.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well guys, a year after being told "no" to this option combination, I'm still here daydreaming about it. I'd like to know if there is anyone else holding on to hope for this to happen in the future? @Ford Motor Company
Ford hasn’t lost a single customer due to the lack of this combo. Doubt they’ll offer the 2.7 in a manual. All those die hards already bit on the I4.

OP
OP
EVH1994

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really sure why everyone is replying to this thread all of a sudden, as it’s two years old. I got the 7MT & 2.3L and I’m happy with it. I don’t think they’ll ever mate the manual with the 2.7; I think they’ll kill off the manual before that happens.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive a MT SAS and am very happy with it.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford hasn’t lost a single customer due to the lack of this combo. Doubt they’ll offer the 2.7 in a manual. All those die hards already bit on the I4.
Cough... Cough....

I haven't bought a Bronco yet, but I would have IF the 2.7L would have been offered with the MT. I might never buy one. It will all depend on what changes FoMoCo does to future Broncos.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cough... Cough....

I haven't bought a Bronco yet, but I would have IF the 2.7L would have been offered with the MT. I might never buy one. It will all depend on what changes FoMoCo does to future Broncos.
Just out of curiosity, is it just the idea of a 4 cylinder that bothers you? Performance wise the 2.7L isn’t some crazy step up. I’m 12k miles into my 6 cylinder and it’s not like it blows you away in such a heavy vehicle. Plus when you consider competition, the 2.3L spanks the 3.6L on the Wrangler.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

F. You don't need it. The 4 stick is awesome enough.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity, is it just the idea of a 4 cylinder that bothers you? Performance wise the 2.7L isn’t some crazy step up. I’m 12k miles into my 6 cylinder and it’s not like it blows you away in such a heavy vehicle. Plus when you consider competition, the 2.3L spanks the 3.6L on the Wrangler.
It's the fact that the "current" 4cyl is a DI only fuel injection system. At a bare minimum, I want a DI & PI injection system (which the V6 has). In time, the Bronco should get the newer 2.3L with DI & PI (which would work for me), but until then, I will just have to wait.

So in short, in order for FoMoCo to sale me a 2D Bronco, it will have to have a DI & PI Engine and MT (plus the Mod Hard Top and a few other options).

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And, one pedal drive is a 2.7 only off road feature. Not sure that would work with a MT. And not having a standard manual means you must pay for the optional, but standard automatic. $$$$
Sponsored