Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your business!
Fast shipping. Just got it today. Unfortunately my bronco is at the dealer for transmission issues. Fortunately I can just drop it off to them. while they hopefully fix the noise. Do I preload it on the device from a a pc before I give it to the dealer?

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just installed the tune yesterday! Here's some thoughts:

First - need to give it up to @LethalPerformance for awesome customer service. Super quick 2-day shipping, and great communication via email. Really liked the integration with Route on the tracking emails too!

First impressions/Unboxing - impressed with the ProCal device and the included cables and windshield mount. Everything felt very high quality - you can tell the device was designed for long-term use and monitoring.

Instructions - they were just okay. Honestly, I think they're par for the course in terms of automotive guides. You can tell they were written by an engineer who's familiar with the product. I was able to follow them all right but they're not the most intuitive. Folks who aren't technically inclined might find some sections confusing. Not a deal-breaker though. Definitely better than any of the instructions that Ford themselves makes, so there's that :LOL:

Install - I was lucky enough to not run into any issues with the install. Loaded the software onto a Surface laptop (Windows 10), plugged in the device and got to work. If i recall correctly, it ran through a number of updates before the install onto the device. Install on the vehicle was smooth as well. I watched Buckle Up Buttercup's video a few times so I knew exactly what to expect in terms of all the sounds and dash activity.

Performance - Unfortunately, the weather in Austin yesterday was rainy, so I didn't get a chance to really test it out on the road, but it's noticeable right away. Definitely peppier in all modes (I only tried Normal). If I had to use one word to describe the performance, it'd be "confident." I can feel the increases across the power band. I think my favorite part was the optimized shift points. With the 10-speed transmission, the stock shift points were insanely annoying and felt all wrong. It finally shifts as it should now, especially the 1st-2nd gear handoff. Perfection.

Icing on the cake was the saved state of the auto-start/stop control. I literally screamed out of joy when I started the car back up and saw that it was still off. Can't even express how happy I am to be rid of having to hit that button every time I start up.

Absolutely worth the money (especially with the Black Friday savings from Lethal). Thought it was cool that it allows for the tire size update too - I'm still stock size, but it's nice to know that if I ever go bigger, I can quickly update the size via the ProCal.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your business!
If I have a dealer install it do I still need to download the tune on the device from the computer? Or how does that work? Or do I just hand them the device and they do everything? Thanks for your help.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha! I think I was just surprised that it was a touchscreen. Half expected it to operate like those mid-2000 BlackBerry devices with a thumbwheel :ROFLMAO:

I'm with you - I don't think I'd ever have it on display with people in the car. Or in traffic. Probably only on a deserted road if I needed to see diagnostic info.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I have a dealer install it do I still need to download the tune on the device from the computer? Or how does that work? Or do I just hand them the device and they do everything? Thanks for your help.
Regardless of whether you, your dealer or an ASE certified tech install the calibration you'll follow the same steps in requesting the tune from Ford Performance and registering on their site.

The instructions are linked below.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/downloads/dl/file/id/475/product/499073/

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is the "warranty" that comes with the ford performance kit is simply the warranty for the part itself. It doesn't have anything to do with the factory warranty from Ford. Correct? If so, paying someone to install seems a bit pointless.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is the "warranty" that comes with the ford performance kit is simply the warranty for the part itself. It doesn't have anything to do with the factory warranty from Ford. Correct? If so, paying someone to install seems a bit pointless.
That's incorrect. The Ford Performance warranty available with this product is for your vehicle. 3 year/36K. Here's the specifics. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Post your 2.3L Bronco Ford Performance Calibration Tune review Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 11.38.21 AM

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those who have installed. When downloading your stock tune to the device, how long did it take?

For me when I went to programming, it almost instantly downloaded the stock tune. It then prompted me to turn off for 3 seconds. I turned off the car and turned back on and then the device didn't do anything or give confirmation it had been downloaded. I'm afraid it may not have downloaded the entire stock tune. For those that correctly downloaded the stock tune, how long did the device take to download it?

Anyone else have this issue at this point?

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question:
1: Does this come with the wiring hardware necessary to plug into the OBDII port? (I understand I will get the software from fordperformanceparts.com)
2: Do you still have them in Stock or are they on backorder?

Edit: I see it comes with wiring.

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Questions:
1: Does this come with the wiring hardware necessary to plug into the OBDII port? (I understand I will get the software from fordperformanceparts.com)
2: Do you still have them in Stock or are they on backorder?
The kit came with all of the cables required. I ordered mine last Monday and Lethal shipped it out the next day.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The kit came with all of the cables required. I ordered mine last Monday and Lethal shipped it out the next day.
Sounds good!! I just ordered mine.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my tune installed. For me it also took a call to Ford Performance to have them change some setting on their end/send a signal to my unit. Not sure why or what, but it works.

A little tricky confirming if it backed up the stock tune or not. Installation/confirmation everything goes smoothly is a little wonky. I feel like there should be more indicators on the screen when steps are complete/successful.

The tune itself made a difference. I'm still on some leftover 87 from my tank and it still feels like it helped. The biggest difference is first gear. Mashing the throttle now has a little bit of extra boost at the low end. Maybe a bit more in second, but beyond that is very similar to stock. Maybe some 93 will make it even better next fillup.

The transmission also shifts a little harder. I wouldn't say crisper, just harder. I'm hoping it's just the ECU learning the tune.

I have the Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and the Roush intake. Feel like it all pairs well together. Probably the extent of performance mods I'll do. The 4 cylinder has been fine for me to this point. The tune makes it feel a little bit more like the truck looks. So overall I'm happy. Glad I got it on sale though. Thanks @LethalPerformance.
Sponsored