Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just wondering if anyone is going to, or has already, done a partial PPF on their Bronco? I've had this done on the front of my Trailhawk and its been great, but looking to do something different on the Bronco.

I'm not interested in the Ford option, which is the front of the vehicle and front fenders. I'm more looking at doing the doors and rear fender. My only concern is a clear 3M vinyl wrap/PPF will eventually have a dirt mark on where the film stops, especially on an Oxford White vehicle.

Has anyone done something similar? Did you do the full doors (top to bottom) and entire rear fender? Did you do partial on either? How does it look?

I want some protection and after toying with mud flaps or not, I think this might be the next best thing to protect from rocks. Any insights would be appreciated.
Sponsored

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m looking at doing it to mine when it’s delivered, only thing that’s swaying me is the price. They want 6k to do the entire vehicle. I don’t see no reason to only do half on a bronco. Just seems like a lot of money in my opinion.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking at doing it to mine when it’s delivered, only thing that’s swaying me is the price. They want 6k to do the entire vehicle. I don’t see no reason to only do half on a bronco. Just seems like a lot of money in my opinion.
$6k is a lot for the entire vehicle. I don't see as much of a need for it on the hood, front fenders, or rear cargo door. But the side doors will get peppered with rocks. I don't even think the rear fender panel will get hit as hard, with how the fender meets the rear bumper.

This is what I'm thinking of doing now. Gives it the cleanest cut-off lines that won't have that dirt-line that would show up if I just did the rocker panels.

Ford Bronco PPF Question Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.33.04 PM

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

$6k is a lot for the entire vehicle. I don't see as much of a need for it on the hood, front fenders, or rear cargo door. But the side doors will get peppered with rocks. I don't even think the rear fender panel will get hit as hard, with how the fender meets the rear bumper.

This is what I'm thinking of doing now. Gives it the cleanest cut-off lines that won't have that dirt-line that would show up if I just did the rocker panels.

Ford Bronco PPF Question Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.33.04 PM
Only reason I’m considering it is I’ve had multiple Ford vehicles and the fronts all look like crap after a year with rock chips. Then the touch up paint never matches. I was thinking front and doors but at that point you might as well do the whole thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only reason I’m considering it is I’ve had multiple Ford vehicles and the fronts all look like crap after a year with rock chips. Then the touch up paint never matches. I was thinking front and doors but at that point you might as well do the whole thing.
I would usually do the front too; I have it done on my Trailhawk. However the front end of the Bronco has a lot less paint exposed than my Trailhawk does. Most of the Bronco is metal bumper or plastic grill. Down the road I might be some sort of hood vinyl wrap as I like the one that's on my Trailhawk now.

I might see what the price difference is to do the whole vehicle vs. just the doors and go from there. Appreciate your input!

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got it done on my 650i. Price was about $2,500

hood fenders front bumper and strip on top of bumper by trunk.

the material was a little thicker and not quite as the name brand 3m stuff. I was 100% happy with it. My advice is find someone and shop quotes.

I’ll be doing a lot again. At least hood fenders and doors.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

6k alt of money and dosent this stuff yellow over time

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm just wondering if anyone is going to, or has already, done a partial PPF on their Bronco? I've had this done on the front of my Trailhawk and its been great, but looking to do something different on the Bronco.

I'm not interested in the Ford option, which is the front of the vehicle and front fenders. I'm more looking at doing the doors and rear fender. My only concern is a clear 3M vinyl wrap/PPF will eventually have a dirt mark on where the film stops, especially on an Oxford White vehicle.

Has anyone done something similar? Did you do the full doors (top to bottom) and entire rear fender? Did you do partial on either? How does it look?

I want some protection and after toying with mud flaps or not, I think this might be the next best thing to protect from rocks. Any insights would be appreciated.
Hey there, we have had several customers installing PPF on their Broncos, most of which are already on here, you should be able to find a few examples. @PizzaMan did a full bumper to bumper install on his. Factory PPF, even nowadays, is often a little lacking. As you described, they only offer partial coverage and almost never wrap their edges. Thus leading to unsightly seems and edges visible around the panels. To your point, having visible edges is an issue with dirt unless it is well maintained with regular washing.

We rarely recommend people install partial kits, and wherever it is possible we will wrap PPF edges so that they are both hidden, and will not catch dirt the same. PPF is great protection just in general day to day wear. the front end of the Bronco is a brick wall, so just driving down the highway your grill, a-pillars and the like will catch rocks hard. PPF also self-heals with heat exposure so light scratching can and should knit back together.

Well Mike, you're not too far away from us in North ATL, our full bumper to bumper PPF installs usually range from $2,800 to $3,200 depending. On top of that you can ceramic coat anything that you would like for double the protection. Impact resistance and ease of maintenance! I'd be more than happy to give you more details if you would like.

Any PPF that costs more than a complete respray is overpriced, IMO... and I think you could likely get a decent paint job for half the price they're quoting.
Hey, interesting that you would bring that up. Generally speaking there are a couple of different thoughts on that.
  1. Save money on a PPF install. Put that instead, in to buffing and paint correction of the years to maintain gloss.
  2. Spend money upfront as an investment. Have self-healing PPF protect your car for years, when it has expired, remove the PPF to have untouched paint underneath.
Generally speaking, any full body respray on a vehicle, from a reputable shop that will do a decent job, will easily cost close to, or way over $10k. Small cars, partial resprays, sure, you're looking more in the $6-8k perhaps. But again, getting a high quality respray where there's consistency, no run lines, no overspray, even orange peel, is going to cost you a lot of money. Compare that to a partial, or full bumper to bumper PPF coverage that would be anywhere from $1,800-$6000.
Installers have to compete with their local markets, so sure, some shops may have a high average, but our shop typically runs between $4-5.5k for a full coverage, bumper to bumper, wrapped installation of PPF. It has a guaranteed lifespan of 10-years and should it fail in that time despite proper maintenance, then it will be covered under the warranty.

Then, after you have exhausted it's lifespan, you can take it off and have "perfect" paint underneath, should you wish to sell the car, or have protection reapplied. Additionally, respraying a car affects its resale value, PPF does not. Something to think about, it is a fantastic product.

6k alt of money and doesn't this stuff yellow over time
PPF technology has advanced massively in the last 4-5 years. XPEL protection film has a 10-year guarantee that comes with installation. Meaning, asides from film failure due to improper installation, the film itself is guaranteed to last, perform and not fade or oxidize for 10-years, provided proper maintenance is received.

In the early 2000's manufacturers would install PPF with partial kits, visible seems and not educate their customers on proper maintenance, this in addition to inferior technology meant that yes, now you can often see an 8+ year old car with haggard, yellow and cracked PPF on it. However those days are gone now thankfully! PPF is WAY better than it used to be.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey there, we have had several customers installing PPF on their Broncos, most of which are already on here, you should be able to find a few examples. @PizzaMan did a full bumper to bumper install on his. Factory PPF, even nowadays, is often a little lacking. As you described, they only offer partial coverage and almost never wrap their edges. Thus leading to unsightly seems and edges visible around the panels. To your point, having visible edges is an issue with dirt unless it is well maintained with regular washing.

We rarely recommend people install partial kits, and wherever it is possible we will wrap PPF edges so that they are both hidden, and will not catch dirt the same. PPF is great protection just in general day to day wear. the front end of the Bronco is a brick wall, so just driving down the highway your grill, a-pillars and the like will catch rocks hard. PPF also self-heals with heat exposure so light scratching can and should knit back together.

Well Mike, you're not too far away from us in North ATL, our full bumper to bumper PPF installs usually range from $2,800 to $3,200 depending. On top of that you can ceramic coat anything that you would like for double the protection. Impact resistance and ease of maintenance! I'd be more than happy to give you more details if you would like.

Hey, interesting that you would bring that up. Generally speaking there are a couple of different thoughts on that.
  1. Save money on a PPF install. Put that instead, in to buffing and paint correction of the years to maintain gloss.
  2. Spend money upfront as an investment. Have self-healing PPF protect your car for years, when it has expired, remove the PPF to have untouched paint underneath.
Generally speaking, any full body respray on a vehicle, from a reputable shop that will do a decent job, will easily cost close to, or way over $10k. Small cars, partial resprays, sure, you're looking more in the $6-8k perhaps. But again, getting a high quality respray where there's consistency, no run lines, no overspray, even orange peel, is going to cost you a lot of money. Compare that to a partial, or full bumper to bumper PPF coverage that would be anywhere from $1,800-$6000.
Installers have to compete with their local markets, so sure, some shops may have a high average, but our shop typically runs between $4-5.5k for a full coverage, bumper to bumper, wrapped installation of PPF. It has a guaranteed lifespan of 10-years and should it fail in that time despite proper maintenance, then it will be covered under the warranty.

Then, after you have exhausted it's lifespan, you can take it off and have "perfect" paint underneath, should you wish to sell the car, or have protection reapplied. Additionally, respraying a car affects its resale value, PPF does not. Something to think about, it is a fantastic product.

PPF technology has advanced massively in the last 4-5 years. XPEL protection film has a 10-year guarantee that comes with installation. Meaning, asides from film failure due to improper installation, the film itself is guaranteed to last, perform and not fade or oxidize for 10-years, provided proper maintenance is received.

In the early 2000's manufacturers would install PPF with partial kits, visible seems and not educate their customers on proper maintenance, this in addition to inferior technology meant that yes, now you can often see an 8+ year old car with haggard, yellow and cracked PPF on it. However those days are gone now thankfully! PPF is WAY better than it used to be.
What exactly does the proper maintenance consist of?

Sponsored
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What exactly does the proper maintenance consist of?
Good wash maintenance, regular washing. Not letting it go for weeks in between washes, especially if it is dirty from trail use. Here in GA, we have pretty intense red/orange clay that turns to cement if it isn't washed off soon after, it also stains unprotected plastics and porous surfaces. Bug splattering and organic deposits can and will etch paint, even if it is coated or PPF'd. They help prolong the window of opportunity you have to remove them, but they do not make your paint impervious.

Regularity of washing is key, followed by diligence and thoroughness. The Bronco is a big ol' square. Meaning it has a lot of nooks and crannies where dirt, pollen and gunk can build up. These areas can be difficult to maintain but effort here will go a long way when you are a few years down the road and all the little cracks and tight spots on your Bronco don't look like garbage.

This video covers a lot of this info, it all applies to unprotected as well as coated and PPF'd vehicles. Check it out!

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you think You might find a place that will do a full body plan in installments? Cut up the full cost of install and pay for example the hood, then come back and do the doors, until the entire car is complete. I used to have tattoo's completed this way. lol.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think You might find a place that will do a full body plan in installments? Cut up the full cost of install and pay for example the hood, then come back and do the doors, until the entire car is complete. I used to have tattoo's completed this way. lol.
lol, good idea!

I'm only wanting to do the doors, not for the cost, but I just don't want to do the entire vehicle. I had a quote come back that the 4 doors would be $1,300 CDN to complete.
Sponsored