First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am confused to how long a pre-delivery inspection should take. I guess its because like everyone else the entire process is frustrating. After the typical waiting to ship for 3 month & one month in shipping my vehicle finally arrived in town. However, that is as far as it has gotten. It arrived in Anchorage a couple days before Christmas, a local unfitting shop took a picture of it & another in the Ford dealer's commercial / recon lot on the 29th while he was there picking up another vehicle. The PDI is still not done. I have tried to be patient but I think its past that now. My main vehicle is now in the shop, & my new vehicle has been sitting on the ground for over two weeks now.

I sent a text to the salesperson on Wednesday & he said he was waiting on his manager to give him a timeline. I sent a text today and he said PDI can take a little bit and isn't in their control how long it takes.

WTF do you mean it is not in your control, its on your lot, who does the inspection? I would assume their certified techs. I am dumbfounded that they wouldn't want to get it off the lot & in the books, going on three weeks for a PDI seems a little much to me. Does anyone know what the average time from arrival to the time they go the inspection done was?
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My JLUR and Bronco took 5 days for me to pick up from the day they arrived, but that was because I was waiting on a check from the credit union. I could have probably picked them up the same day or next.

My Pacifica (same dealer and sales guy as the JLUR) arrived on a Saturday morning and I drove it home that afternoon.

My '17 STi arrived on a Thursday afternoon and I picked it up the next day.

Please note that all the above were instructed to have minimal PDI, NO washing of any kind, and even not to remove any protective wrapping/sticker/etc, so that might help. But no reason you should be waiting this long.

Crazycactus

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F250, 1993 Bronco XLT, 2013 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am confused to how long a pre-delivery inspection should take. I guess its because like everyone else the entire process is frustrating. After the typical waiting to ship for 3 month & one month in shipping my vehicle finally arrived in town. However, that is as far as it has gotten. It arrived in Anchorage a couple days before Christmas, a local unfitting shop took a picture of it & another in the Ford dealer's commercial / recon lot on the 29th while he was there picking up another vehicle. The PDI is still not done. I have tried to be patient but I think its past that now. My main vehicle is now in the shop, & my new vehicle has been sitting on the ground for over two weeks now.
I sent a text to the salesperson on Wednesday & he said he was waiting on his manager to give him a timeline. I sent a text today and he said PDI can take a little bit and isn't in their control how long it takes.
WTF do you mean it is not in your control, its on your lot, who does the inspection? I would assume their certified techs. I am dumbfounded that they wouldn't want to get it off the lot & in the books, going on three weeks for a PDI seems a little much to me. Does anyone know what the average time from arrival to the time they go the inspection done was?
Both my loaded Badlands and my Bronco Raptor had their PDIs and were picked up from the dealer within 8 hours of being taken off the truck. Badlands delivered 7-29-22 & Braptor delivered 9-13-22.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could have picked up just one or two days after it was offloaded at dealer. But we were out of town so that gave them a 10-14 day window.

PDI involves a bath, check all fluids, tires, operation of all controls. Slap state inspection sticker on it. Should take about 4 hours is my guess. Oh and all vehicles arrive with majority of electronics disabled or used to

For it to take as long as yours I would suspect transit damage they ate not disclosing until they get parts

OP
OP
DDraht

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could have picked up just one or two days after it was offloaded at dealer. But we were out of town so that gave them a 10-14 day window.

PDI involves a bath, check all fluids, tires, operation of all controls. Slap state inspection sticker on it. Should take about 4 hours is my guess. Oh and all vehicles arrive with majority of electronics disabled or used to

For it to take as long as yours I would suspect transit damage they ate not disclosing until they get parts
Thats what I am starting to think as well. At least they could be up front about it and tell me vs saying we just don't know when we will get around to it. Have to love good customer service.... Thanks Kendall

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, somethings not right. You should at least be able to see it before PDI. I've driven two vehicles home the same day they were delivered to the dealership. There is nothing special as long as they have a couple hours to get it done. I would not be texting. I would be there in person and find out today WTF is up.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, picked up next day after delivery.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are figuring out a way to make you give it up so they can sell it to someone else for more.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats on your new Bronco!

PDI's are superficial. Here is an Owners Checklist for Delivery (OCD) that has alot of good info and more in-depth inspection items.

This list was compiled from Manufacturing, Functional & Quality concerns reported by this forum.

OCD Link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/
My chihuahua could have done the OCD quicker than the dealer doing the PDI, something’s up, I’d be down there, not texting.

Sponsored

Broncoblk23

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s complete bullshit I’d go in person if I were you. It sounds like they’re up to no good. Mine arrived a little while after the shop closed for the day (I knew it was at the dealer before they did) but they told me to come first thing in the morning when they opened and made sure the PDI shop did mine first. They also even told me to take the front plate bracket out and take it home so the PDI shop didn’t accidentally put it on. Point is be proactive and don’t let them screw you.

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picked up my Bronco 24 hours after it was delivered. I requested no dealer badging and no front license plate bracket. I purchased from a high volume dealer and even though I was stuck in awaiting shipment purgatory for 75 days, the actual pick-up took less than an hour.

Dwillisbronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When mine was delivered to dealership, my sales guy called to let me know it had arrived. When I got there to pick up, they informed me g to that it had been damaged in transportation. I wanted to see it, but they said it had been sent to body shop for repair estimates, so they could file clam with Ford.

The back bumper and tailgate was damaged. Apparently damaged automobiles in transportation occurs more often than we realize.

For a week I was trying to get a timeline. I was told from 2 weeks to months to get new bumper and tailgate. I finally logged a case with Ford and they called the dealership weekly for updates and then called me to keep me informed. It ended up taking 2 months to get parts and then a week with body shop to install.

It was frustrating and disappointing. One the Bronco was ready, they still needed to install wheels and tires that I ordered. I then found out the parts department had not ordered wheels, so another delay. At that point I demanded a conversation with the dealership owner, who apologized for all the delays. He then gave $1000 off my wheels, to help make things right.

I would go in and ask to be taken back where they are prepping, so you can see it. Or at least pictures or a walk around video. I would also ask them directly if it was damaged.

if you cannot get an answer, then call Ford and have a case logged, so they can find out what’s going on.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine was unloaded off of the transport truck on a Friday afternoon and I picked it up first thing Monday morning. So apparently they inspected it over the weekend. They found a problem with the driver side window - it didn't go up or down and was stuck in the position (1/4" down) it would normally be in when the door is open. I appreciate the thoroughness of the inspection. Took several weeks to get parts to fix it, though.

Oh, and they had six of them come in together, so they had a bunch of them to go over.

It shouldn't take more than a couple of days.
Sponsored