Sponsored

Deleted member 12854

I like the analysis, but I still think people are getting too worked up when pricing and options aren’t finalized. I love to do all the speculating and dreaming as well, just remember this is preliminary info and subject to change.
We can track changes from preliminary, early to final. Some crazy increases may be documented
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The question is, what exactly are we sacrificing for that bargain basement price on the two door base? I don't think it'll be anything we can't correct with the aftermarket though.
I agree 100%.
I can't do the 2dr, but if I could I would just get the base all stock and start planning my aftermarket mods. Under $30K for it with all the standard features and a hard-top is a steal and smokes the 2dr base Wrangler.

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like the $2205 difference on Base 2D is simply to legally market under 30k. "Starting at $28,500" sounds a lot better than "Starting at $30,705". The amount of people ordering Base 2D is going to be quite low, I assume. Especially compared to the amount of people lured in by the "under 30k" marketing who end up paying much more.

Not bad, just interesting.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The base wrangler doesn’t include Air conditioning, power windows and locks for that....ac is a $1300 option....The bronco has so many more features in the base model then the wrangler does
Hard top on 2 door Wrangler is also an option. 8" screen etc.The differences just keep adding up showing how much better a value the Base Bronco is. Expect equal if not better performance a
Agreed the crappy steering wheel won’t be great, but I’d rather save $4,800 than have leather on the steering wheel.

However I do think that the leather steering wheel and shifter will push the majority of non-enthusiast buyers up to BB at a minimum.
The $4700 jump from Base to BB is silly. There is nothing additional in BB worth that. The only reason I considered it was because I could add...for an additional cost...rear lockers. Rethought and now am going to be pricing out Base+? verses Black Diamond.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed the crappy steering wheel won’t be great, but I’d rather save $4,800 than have leather on the steering wheel.

However I do think that the leather steering wheel and shifter will push the majority of non-enthusiast buyers up to BB at a minimum.
I think the mid package is what will push most non enthusiasts to the BB.

For the hardcore enthusiast that doesn't care about the tech stuff the base 2 door is a steal. Get them while you can, bc I wouldn't be shocked to see the base 2 door price climb quickly in a year or two

Hard top on 2 door Wrangler is also an option. 8" screen etc.The differences just keep adding up showing how much better a value the Base Bronco is. Expect equal if not better performance a

The $4700 jump from Base to BB is silly. There is nothing additional in BB worth that. The only reason I considered it was because I could add...for an additional cost...rear lockers. Rethought and now am going to be pricing out Base+? verses Black Diamond.
Wouldn't be shocked to see that gap close in MY 22 or MY23

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like charts... but IMO the chart is a bit misleading if you are trying to gauge total value.
"Value" is a subjective item, "price" or "cost" not so much.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The jump from base to BB is probably the most bang-for-buck in the lineup. For me, getting nice alloy wheels/AT tires/tint/fog lights/interior upgrades/etc. could not be achieved for $2600 aftermarket. Not even close.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
The jump from base to BB is probably the most bang-for-buck in the lineup. For me, getting nice alloy wheels/AT tires/tint/fog lights/interior upgrades/etc. could not be achieved for $2600 aftermarket. Not even close.
For the 4 door maybe, but for the 2 door it's almost $5k.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2dr base mt sasquatch is going to be a great deal and a great truck as long as your not okay with base appointments 12 in screen ,leather ,ect.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For the 4 door maybe, but for the 2 door it's almost $5k.
Correct - I was specifically speaking about the 4dr. In another post I talked about the 2dr and how much of a steal the base is and that I would 100% go that route if getting the 2dr.

Sponsored

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have to put numbers into a spreadsheet and/or chart to make sense of them. The way the 4 door price curve compares to the 2 door pretty clearly shows that the 2dr base was purposely held low, and the 4dr FE was inflated.

2021 Ford Bronco Pricing Model (No Options).png
this is some fine work—well done and thanks!

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay but, how can I change my reservation from a 4 door to a 2 door, not only is there a big price difference but also the 4 door bronco is not standard with automatic trans. It’s all a money game ... ;(

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thinks its really a pretty good value, however, the crap steering wheel will make you wish every second that you spent a little more money. If you could get a quality cover for that, you might be ok. Seems like it would be more cost effective to get all of one kind of steering wheel, but I really think car companies know that that’s a way to squeeze a little extra money from you.
my ChevyCruze has the worlds cheapest steering wheel by far. $9.99 at Walmart got me a cover every bit as good as my brothers $65K Ram pickup.

It's a fantastic value for the consumer there is no doubt about that. Blows the base wrangler away. I am simply saying on the business side, you see the price difference in 2 door vs 4 door for all the other models is no where near the jump it is for the base bronco. Which leads me to believe it is priced the way it is to to grab headlines/show low starting price.
yup, Base 2-door for me. What a bargain compared to a Wrangler.

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the mid package is what will push most non enthusiasts to the BB
This is my need to be greater than base. I need the mid package with dual climate for me, and heated seats for her. Otherwise she will cook me out of it!

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base wrangler doesn’t include Air conditioning, power windows and locks for that....ac is a $1300 option....The bronco has so many more features in the base model then the wrangler does
The 2020 and 2021 Base Wrangler got AC Standard now. But Power Windows is till an option until you go up the Trip to Islander where its Standard. Which is Equivalent to Outer Banks.
Sponsored