Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also bummed Android Auto/CarPlay don't come standard on these guys.
Just Fyi, not to bring up Mike Levine again, but he said the website was wrong and that AA/Carplay come standard and that the website would be updated.
Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm on the same boat... Big Bend vs Base.

There's such a big mark up on the prices with such little difference between the two models (wheels/tires, fog lamps, door handles, leather steering). But I'm really interested in the safety features offered in the Mid-Package, which for whatever reason isn't offered in the base.

If I could get Base model with the Sasquatch and Mid Package that would be ideal!

Also bummed Android Auto/CarPlay don't come standard on these guys.
I ended up reserving an Outer Banks because it came with the mid package standard! The mid package was very important for me too. Plus, I needed automatic transmission and I didn’t want to pay extra for that.

KidGorgeous

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just Fyi, not to bring up Mike Levine again, but he said the website was wrong and that AA/Carplay come standard and that the website would be updated.
That's awesome news!

Edit: Seems to be a little inconsistency with the automatic high beams too. I think one of their fact sheets say the mid package adds this while the site says its standard. I wonder which is right?

KidGorgeous

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ended up reserving an Outer Banks because it came with the mid package standard! The mid package was very important for me too. Plus, I needed automatic transmission and I didn’t want to pay extra for that.
I used to be on the camp that these safety features were basically useless but they have save my ass quite a few times on my Tacoma, so it would've been great to see them available. I want the manual for sure so Outer Banks is not for me. Plus it is out of my price range!

Either way though, I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used to be on the camp that these safety features were basically useless but they have save my ass quite a few times on my Tacoma, so it would've been great to see them available. I want the manual for sure so Outer Banks is not for me. Plus it is out of my price range!

Either way though, I can't wait to get my hands on one.
I totally agree! I think they are useful. I may cancel one of the reservations and make it a Big Bend! I don’t know if I trust the fact that we’ll be able to change our reservation at time of building. Also, I wish the mid package could be added to the base.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a 2 door Badlands. For me I'm getting rid of a Dodge Challenger Hellcat (very different I know) but keeping our Jeep Grand Cherokee that is paid off and has a lifetime warranty, so I didn't have to worry about any impracticality with two doors.

Also, I don't off road on rocks much, but I do like having the heavier axles standard and the stabilizer disconnect standard. Still debating on keeping it with the manual on 33's vs bumping up to the Sasquatch 35's with the big motor and automatic, but I will definitely add the mid, high and luxe packages. Probably go with leather seats too. (I know, it's basically making it into a first edition without the FE status, but hey, I want what I want and even though I will be off road in it a decent amount I likely will not ever be out in the rain with the top off or fording 33 inches of water, so it should be fine... lol)

KidGorgeous

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I totally agree! I think they are useful. I may cancel one of the reservations and make it a Big Bend! I don’t know if I trust the fact that we’ll be able to change our reservation at time of building. Also, I wish the mid package could be added to the base.
I imagine Ford would keep its word on that as far as changing your reservation, especially if you're willing to kick up a fuss about it.

Mid package on the Base would be awesome! As it stands you have to pony up almost 5k mark up from Base just to be able to opt in for the mid package, which I figure will probably be another grand or two.

I'm happy carplay actually comes standard though, that's a huge plus for me. Should be a big step up from your camry though :) I traded mine in for my taco and haven't looked back since (except at the pump)

NYCat21

Big Bend
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Trying to figure out the price of the mid trim. If you compare black diamond to outer banks the only differences is the auto transmission and the standard mid package, the engine remains the same with the 2.3L. The difference in price is 2,905. How much of that is the automatic?
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Prices (2 Door, 4 Door) and Trims Comparison C13A22E8-16DB-4FE3-A6E9-B92B93415FB4

Last edited:

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I imagine Ford would keep its word on that as far as changing your reservation, especially if you're willing to kick up a fuss about it.

Mid package on the Base would be awesome! As it stands you have to pony up almost 5k mark up from Base just to be able to opt in for the mid package, which I figure will probably be another grand or two.

I'm happy carplay actually comes standard though, that's a huge plus for me. Should be a big step up from your camry though :) I traded mine in for my taco and haven't looked back since (except at the pump)
YES! I am excited. Haha, it'll be my first big type and ford vehicle! I can't wait. YES. Excited about carplay. I haven't had any car with that!!

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been curious about Baja mode, it seems to correlate with the higher end models that have the Sasquatch package standard which got me wondering, if you upgrade to Sasquatch do you “unlock” Baja mode?
I’m hoping ford allows a lot of ala cart customization instead of having options that are package exclusives ie you can’t get the upgraded stereo unless you get the $5k upgrade package

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey ford Video Guy... just wanted to say thanks for your Videos. They have been really helpful, and if your spec sheets prove out to be accurate, really gave some insight. I've mentioned you dealer multiple times in this forum.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Trying to figure out the price of the mid trim. If you compare black diamond to outer banks the only differences is the auto transmission and the standard mid package, the engine remains the same with the 2.3L. The difference in price is 2,905. How much of that is the automatic?
Well remember the Black Diamond is basically a totally different Trim. It has the Rubber and Vinyl along with rock rails? and heavy duty bash plates. So I don't think your 2,900 is the "Auto"... and think it is a long list of differences that just so happen to be 3k spread. The OB even comes with the Higher Level productivity screen and the BD does not.
Sponsored