Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The only way these carbon fiber pieces make sense on Warthog is for a style change. I can’t imagine you are saving that much weight doing the swap. $10,000 for the flares? Who is going to do that? I guess someone living in LA that never goes off-road may be tempted.
Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to see them pissing away time, energy and resources on something that benefits < 1% of the Bronco population. And benefit is a stretch as no one gives 2 donkey dicks about saving 50#.

Meanwhile, if they would throw together a hard top and modular bumper part number that is a somewhat reasonable price, people would be lined up around the block screaming “take my money”.

With vehicle sales dipping into the toilet you’d think they would focus on an alternative revenue string. They’ve got the conduit in place, they just need to embrace it and build their community. They could do so well with the right leadership.

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could see myself doing the vents and a set of mirror caps. Just cant decide if vents would even look good or best painted? I have grown to like my metallic black flairs and now think the painted ones look funny..

20240129_195239.jpg

20240215_135219.jpg

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon mod (DD),2022 Porsche Spyder(weekend)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I might be interested in the CF vents and hood possibly. My BRaptor will have the CF package so a little more will be ok. Like to see all the Porsches here, got a 22 Spyder as my weekend car with all the CF possible, seat and interior trim.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only way these carbon fiber pieces make sense on Warthog is for a style change. I can’t imagine you are saving that much weight doing the swap. $10,000 for the flares? Who is going to do that? I guess someone living in LA that never goes off-road may be tempted.
Or somebody who lives in LA and does drive off road might not buy them. 😉

Sponsored

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$10,000 for the flares? Who is going to do that? I guess someone living in LA that never goes off-road may be tempted.
People are paying well over $200k for a slightly used G-Wagon AMG that lists for $180k. They can get that Raptor with over-priced carbon fiber for a lot less. That's the target market. A ton of $50k cars sitting on lots, but the top-end money out there these days seems to snatch up that $200k vehicle with ease. Still -- not sure that G-Wagon will get as many compliments as my BD :sneaky:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not one to normally get sticker shock from things, but I was genuinely surprised at the cost of the vents and the flare kit. Half price for those items would still be too much in my book, and that's coming from a guy who bought the CF hard top and hood.
I missed it, did you get that CF top yet? That is something I would splurge on if I wanted to burn 10k.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I missed it, did you get that CF top yet? That is something I would splurge on if I wanted to burn 10k.
Not yet. Finally ordered it in December, so it’s still a few months out.

I damaged the OEM top (along with hood and fenders) in a crash, so needed to buy a new one. After looking at all the available options, I kept coming back to the Anderson carbon fiber top, so finally pulled the trigger for that and the Raptor-style hood.

It just seems crazy to me that the carbon flares cost more than the carbon top. You can buy a full set of ADV Raptor fenders, cover a large chunk of the installation cost for the same money and, in my opinion, come out with a better looking truck.

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And top it off with carbon fiber shorts.
Ford Bronco Price Release: Ford Performance Carbon Fiber Exterior Parts for Bronco Raptor 20240215_135219
and a carbon fiber wallet thing from that place that sandwiches your cash and cards into a brick...

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not one to normally get sticker shock from things, but I was genuinely surprised at the cost of the vents and the flare kit. Half price for those items would still be too much in my book, and that's coming from a guy who bought the CF hard top and hood.
I'm pretty sure the OP misplaced decimal...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tye

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos