Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am interested in getting the Procal Tune primarily for the transmission smoothness that is in so many of the reviews. I have a sports car for going fast, so I am not looking to make the Bronco any quicker. I do daily the Bronco and put close to 20k miles per year on it running mostly 87 with sporadic tanks of 93. Is it possible to do just the trans tuning so that I do not have to switch to 93 full time?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s all in one. There is no separate transmission tune.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you can still run lower than 91/93, however the engine will compensate for the lower octane and you'll lose the benefit. Don't know if it switches off the tune or just defeats the purpose.

OP
OP
GreyZ

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you can still run lower than 91/93, however the engine will compensate for the lower octane and you'll lose the benefit. Don't know if it switches off the tune or just defeats the purpose.
Yeah, I keep seeing 93 required and I would be planning on running 87 the majority of the time that I am not super keen to do. I wish Ford would just release the trans portion of the tune, but I doubt that will happen.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am interested in getting the Procal Tune primarily for the transmission smoothness that is in so many of the reviews. I have a sports car for going fast, so I am not looking to make the Bronco any quicker. I do daily the Bronco and put close to 20k miles per year on it running mostly 87 with sporadic tanks of 93. Is it possible to do just the trans tuning so that I do not have to switch to 93 full time?
Hello!

The tuning is not available by itself as of current. The tuning does include engine/ecu flash, so it is recommended to use 93 octane. We'd love to help put as we have these in stock and ready to go.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html
Sponsored