Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks OP. I wonder if the more constraints you have ... and you seem to have all or most of them ... the harder to get scheduled and more likely your build might get moved around (?).
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a handful of people in this forum that can relate to you and then there are thousands of others that would trade places within you in a heartbeat just to get a VIN. Just adding a bit of perspective...
And then there are the 10s of thousands more who aren't on this forum everyday, so the info isn't right in front of them every day, and haven't really worried about it. I'm convinced that's the way to go, but I'm too far down the rabbit hole...

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks OP. I wonder if the more constraints you have ... and you seem to have all or most of them ... the harder to get scheduled and more likely your build might get moved around (?).
Would certainly make sense.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How did I allow myself to be this obsessed?
Its the psychology of not being in control. Like Madonna says...'we live in a material world'...we're accustomed to folks who sell to us bowing to our every desire.

The Bronco experience has been more like a video game with unknown traps and pitfalls, and a monster behind every tree. Timestamps and build dates are just the scorecard.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope

I'd rather have a VIn and know it's coming 2021 rather than have no idea when I'm getting it in the next 18 months

Imagine someone asking you when you'll get your new car, and you say "I don't know" vs. "Sometime this fall". The latter is the preferred scenario!
This is something someone would say had they not had the bitter pain of seeing their build date slip repeatedly in 2 week increments. No actual clue when the vehicles will actually be made. You just won't get it until you're in the emo potato club with us VIN holders.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Excited - got my email from Ford for a 6/14 build week
Bummed - Dealer told me my build week had changed to 7/12
Excited - got email from Ford for a 6/28 build week
Excited - Dealer told me my build day of 7/2 no email from Ford
Bummed - just got off with my dealer - I no longer have a build day. I have a new build week 8/2. No email from Ford.

In the middle of all this , checking for emails from Ford, checking the order tracker every day multiple times, looking "Do I have a Window Sticker?" , and getting multiple quotes for my car to sell to Carvana, CarMax, ect. to make sure I get my Jeep sold at max value (crazy how much they will pay).

I'm starting to realize how much of my day is consumed with this obsession. How did I allow myself to be this obsessed? I think I just need to chill & disconnect and be surprised when the email comes from Ford or my dealer calls and says, your Bronco is here.

Can anybody else relate>?
What is your reservation, build and options that they keep moving it?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is something someone would say had they not had the bitter pain of seeing their build date slip repeatedly in 2 week increments. No actual clue when the vehicles will actually be made. You just won't get it until you're in the emo potato club with us VIN holders.
[Im]patiently waiting for my emo potato club membership card

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys got an email?!?!

Sponsored

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve completely given up on getting ANY info from my dealer and get all info here or directly from Ford. My dealer is completely unwilling to care.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm I donā€™t buy thats worse. I like this betterā€¦This is like your new GF saying sheā€™s ready but every time she gives you a date and yaā€™ll get hot and heavy she gets nervous and delays you another week but you feel like youā€™re making progress. Or you have a new GF and she wants absolutely nothing to do with the idea of that, refuses to touch you, talk about it and you have no idea when or if itā€™ll even happen. All your friends are telling you to calm down and not be upset, be understanding and itā€™ll happen and the other half are telling you to get over it and if you donā€™t like it just break up with her and move on already because you never really liked her In the first place!

Iā€™ll take girl 1.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm I donā€™t buy thats worse. I like this betterā€¦This is like your new GF saying sheā€™s ready but every time she gives you a date and yaā€™ll get hot and heavy she gets nervous and delays you another week but you feel like youā€™re making progress. Or you have a new GF and she wants absolutely nothing to do with the idea of that, refuses to touch you, talk about it and you have no idea when or if itā€™ll even happen. All your friends are telling you to calm down and not be upset, be understanding and itā€™ll happen and the other half are telling you to get over it and if you donā€™t like it just break up with her and move on already because you never really liked her In the first place!

Iā€™ll take girl 1.
Bro, do you need someone to talk with? That was emo as heck. Iā€™m here for you if you need a shoulder. What was her name? :ROFLMAO: You deserve a VIN after that.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bro, do you need someone to talk with? That was emo as heck. Iā€™m here for you if you need a shoulder. What was her name? :ROFLMAO: You deserve a VIN after that.
No, Iā€™m married lol. It was mere sarcasm mixed with what Bronco6G will tell everyone who is upset over not having a vin šŸ˜‰

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can relate. Similar milestones, slightly different dates. One difference is i never talk to dealer. I went in there and placed my order and that was the only time i interacted with those fucking idiots. No offense. I called ford a few times, instead.

I felt I was burning out yesterday and work is slipping. So today, I committed to taking a break form all of this today. I made it to about 11 a.m. I thought that was pretty good.

I could really black it out and shut down all of this. But there's a chance that the date could move up and you might get it sooner. What? How can i ignore that???

Obsession is the right word. But the condition is formulaic.
Here's a cool thing. You want one?
Ok, cool. You can have one.
Pretty soon.
Oh wait, how about next year.
Ok, look, you can have one, but only if it doesn't have a bunch of this stuff.
Ok, you can live with that and still want one?
Ok, guess what. You are getting one! In a couple months.
Well maybe three weeks later than that, but you are really gonna get one!
I know the news says manufacturing supply chain is falling apart, but we got you.
You can count on us to email you any updates.
You didn't get email? Yes, there have been updates.
Check with your dealer. They're the best.

Sure, other people are waiting for their hard top, or two door, or sas, or whatever. They don't have a vin and it sucks for them too. But it's a different kind of pain.

My hope for all the people waiting for a vin is that ford resolves all of the jerk-around b,s. and they don't have to go through this. My fear is that it is going to get worse.
Sponsored