Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally, I believe the commercial stated that scout helped defend the nation…but in what capacity?
They were used in very limited numbers as general purpose vehicles, such as MP patrols, range duties, and administrative, usually stateside. A few made their way to Vietnam and Korea for the same purpose, but they were never a combat vehicle. By that metric, pretty much any vehicle could make the same claim, as there were a whole lot of civilian vehicle acquisitions over the years...including the Bronco. It doesn't always make sense to rack up miles driving an M151 or similar spartan combat vehicle to town or a nearby base when they could just buy a civilian vehicle that was better suited for highway driving and safer as well.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess the thousands of children forced to mine cobalt technically have “skin in the game” 😂🤪 as well…just never see them represented in any of the EV promotions.
Ford Bronco Promo video for the new Scout: "America's Next Shot" 2F7DDB21-4ECC-42C0-8232-958C5BB4B588

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
cools video but an EV for off road? Kind of like the Jeep commercial with the charger in the middle of the desert. Will that really ever happen. Also, looks like american made which is awesome but the batteries will come from China right?

Finally, I believe the commercial stated that scout helped defend the nation…but in what capacity?
jeeps are obvious and Ford competed for the design, Dodge had the power wagons, Chevy had the blazers/pickups and the new ve is based on a canyon. I just don’t recall the Scouts
Even better, what happens if someone offroading it doesn't have skidplates and punctures the batteries in the middle of the woods?

Ford Bronco Promo video for the new Scout: "America's Next Shot" 1679336754017

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Other than some cool looks at old IH products, this video was a huge nothing-burger. But now I expect it to be made with 100% USA-made parts, after that ad.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Makes me wanna go on Ebay to find a real Scout
Get one now while they're still semi reasonable, you saw what happened to the EBs all the way up to the FSBs once the 6G was announced.

Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just can't get past the thought of being stuck out in the middle of nowhere with no charge left and no way to recharge. A portable generator would take days and solar even longer. The Jeep 4xe seems like a pretty good compromise and I almost bought one last year while waiting for the Bronco. It's easy to bring a few extra containers of fuel but there's no such thing yet as spare batteries for EVs.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wonder if you can ditch the batteries and replace it with a TDI? Imagine fitting a one of these in

Ford Bronco Promo video for the new Scout: "America's Next Shot" 1679336754017
Anything but that engine! It is truly diabolical from a reliability standpoint.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They were used in very limited numbers as general purpose vehicles, such as MP patrols, range duties, and administrative, usually stateside. A few made their way to Vietnam and Korea for the same purpose, but they were never a combat vehicle. By that metric, pretty much any vehicle could make the same claim, as there were a whole lot of civilian vehicle acquisitions over the years...including the Bronco. It doesn't always make sense to rack up miles driving an M151 or similar spartan combat vehicle to town or a nearby base when they could just buy a civilian vehicle that was better suited for highway driving and safer as well.
My first Scout II was a ex-military model, titled as a 1972 when the Scout II came out as a 1973. 4 pot 196CI engine with a single barrel carb, 3 speed transmission, no power steering or power brakes, and a crease on one the fenders that a military member ID'd as a bullet mark from an M-16. That was a base model. It did get fairly close to 20 mpg on the highway which was amazing at the time but was just about fast enough for the double nickle if you had some good clear road ahead to gather your speed.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

giphy.gif

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My first Scout II was a ex-military model, titled as a 1972 when the Scout II came out as a 1973. 4 pot 196CI engine with a single barrel carb, 3 speed transmission, no power steering or power brakes, and a crease on one the fenders that a military member ID'd as a bullet mark from an M-16. That was a base model. It did get fairly close to 20 mpg on the highway which was amazing at the time but was just about fast enough for the double nickle if you had some good clear road ahead to gather your speed.
Nice 👌 I bet the milsurp versions are extremely rare these days. The II's are my favorite, they're like a 95% scale version of my 71 Blazer, always wanted a rallye or super scout variant.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All those original Scouts were bad ass. I got this Bronco because it reminded me of my Grandfather's Scout. We will see how the new one turns out. The only thing that makes me think they could do it right is they are clearly acknowledging the original, so maybe they will. Make it look like the old one, give it a serious off road chassis and 300+ miles of range and I'll be interested.
I agree. I have so many memories in my grandfathers old scout. He also had a 71 Bronco and the reason I love both today (and got my 2023 Bronco. I hope they pay homage to the old one.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice 👌 I bet the milsurp versions are extremely rare these days. The II's are my favorite, they're like a 95% scale version of my 71 Blazer, always wanted a rallye or super scout variant.
They were rare even back then.
Also, IHC boxed the rear fenders on the milspec Scouts which kept the junk thrown up from the rear wheels building up and rusting out above the taillaits and then the whole fender. I sold it to a buddy so I could "upgrade" and watched mine melt into oblivion while his stayed nice and solid.
Of all the rigs I've had over the years, the Bronco feels to me the most like the Scout.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model