Proper Bronco wave etiquette???

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll admit, I was so over the moon when my Bronco was released from ice mountain that I reflexively tossed a wave when I saw another Bronco for the first few days I drove it.

Now, as soon as I see one coming the other direction I start muttering "don't you do it.."
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stuck up and all full ourselves are we?

What's the problem with opening your left hand while still attached to the steering wheel? Or if your hand is outside your window lifting it palm forward ALL fingers in same direction towards the heavens as a small salute to the other driver, who just happens to be as smart as you, driving a fantastic vehicle, no matter the number of doors?

Most of the time, however, the other Bronco drivers either are looking elsewhere or not recognizing u til too late that the different looking Wrangler is in fact just like them. Maybe it has something to do with too many front grille options.

So go ahead. Don't wave on my behalf, but on the real OBX last week I even collected a wave from a Wrangler. So there!

Now it would not be that difficult for a junior Ford engineer to program all the Broncos to recognize themselves and respond to each other electronically

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wave to the one in my neighborhood every time I see her. I also wave to the others I see driving around town. Would much rather wave then get a rubber duck on my vehicle….

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wave to the one in my neighborhood every time I see her. I also wave to the others I see driving around town. Would much rather wave then get a rubber duck on my vehicle….
Saw a Jeep with a dashboard full of rubber ducks, in Duck, of all places. Don't know if they were ducked that many times or if they are a motherducker.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Stuck up and all full ourselves are we?

What's the problem with opening your left hand while still attached to the steering wheel? Or if your hand is outside your window lifting it palm forward ALL fingers in same direction towards the heavens as a small salute to the other driver, who just happens to be as smart as you, driving a fantastic vehicle, no matter the number of doors?

Most of the time, however, the other Bronco drivers either are looking elsewhere or not recognizing u til too late that the different looking Wrangler is in fact just like them. Maybe it has something to do with too many front grille options.

So go ahead. Don't wave on my behalf, but on the real OBX last week I even collected a wave from a Wrangler. So there!

Now it would not be that difficult for a junior Ford engineer to program all the Broncos to recognize themselves and respond to each other electronically
Nothing... wave to me I'll probably wave back. We just don't need 843 threads trying to come up with an "official" Bronco wave.

Sponsored

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I give other Wranglers the standard ✌but give Broncos the shaka 🤙: 'Cool ride, we're part of the same off road/outdoor community'.
Carry over from my surfing, skateboarding youth I suppose, but it feels appropriate...

Nothing wrong with a little friendly inclusion in the otherwise fubar world we're dealing with these days...

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Newbees.... please Stop! No ducks, no ponies, or other dumb crap... We are grown men n women....

If you respect another rig fine, wave in any form, if u just want to acknowledge another Bronco, good for you an wave, head bob or whatever.

Why ask?....

Me personally, I I acknowledge my bronco brothers with a point or a nod if my fellow brother is looking..

My 2 door brothers we are badass!!!

Team 2 Door = Badass 😎

Sorry 4 doors = grocery getters, mall rats, curb hoppers...lol
Or a family man who takes their 4 door on trips and has a 14 y/o son who is incredible at golf and we have to haul tons of golf equipment around to tournaments but still wants to enjoy a Bronco….just saying

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Proper Bronco wave etiquette??? handwave

Sponsored

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did the Jeep wave for so many years before I got the Bronco, I've caught myself doing it automatically. Now I think I'll wave at Wranglers on purpose just to piss them off and see if I can get them to wave back out of habit. That will be my entertainment.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s about as awkward as todays handshake

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Extend clenched fist
2. Extend middle finger
3. Extend rest of fingers and wave

I’m a might curious how that one would go…
Sponsored