Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
The radar sensor ices up after just a few minutes of driving in the snow. Once it does, it the Bronco starts sending out panicky warning messages telling you that Pre-Collision Assist is unavailable or that Adaptive Cruise Control is unavailable. It seems to me that the radar sensor being unheated is a huge oversight, both from a safety standpoint and from having to listen to the annoying panicked dinging and flashing coming from the gauge cluster.

As an aside, the parking sensors ice up fairly quickly as well. This also lets loose all manner of frantic flashing and dinging.
Sponsored

FotoBroncoDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

anyone know if we DONT have the adaptive cruise control - can this thing be delete? anyone heard of a successful pre-collision assist delete? Ive heard of re-locating to behind the grill(that could help OP) with mixed results...

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
anyone know if we DONT have the adaptive cruise control - can this thing be delete? anyone heard of a successful pre-collision assist delete? Ive heard of re-locating to behind the grill(that could help OP) with mixed results...
If you turn off adaptive cruise control the pre-collision assist keeps warning you that adaptive cruise control is turned off.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am giving this a shot this winter.
Ford Bronco Radar ices up after just a few minutes. 1669657870218

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don’t have ACC, you don’t have it. You can’t delete what’s not there. The ACC radar box is shared with the intercooler shutter actuator however.

Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The radar sensor ices up after just a few minutes of driving in the snow. Once it does, it the Bronco starts sending out panicky warning messages telling you that Pre-Collision Assist is unavailable or that Adaptive Cruise Control is unavailable. It seems to me that the radar sensor being unheated is a huge oversight, both from a safety standpoint and from having to listen to the annoying panicked dinging and flashing coming from the gauge cluster.

As an aside, the parking sensors ice up fairly quickly as well. This also lets loose all manner of frantic flashing and dinging.
Perhaps,
https://spillcontainment.com/products/ultra-ever-dry/

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t have ACC, you don’t have it. You can’t delete what’s not there. The ACC radar box is shared with the intercooler shutter actuator however.
I don't have Lux and therefore don't have ACC, but I can tell you when I am about to rear end a car my vehicle starts screaming at me and flashing red. What is that if it is not pre-collision assist?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All Broncos have pre-collision assist. It's separate from the radar, and is up in the top of your windshield.

I don't massively care about these sensors icing up, the HEADLIGHTS icing up is the real problem.

Reactions: Cat

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same thing happened on my Mazda6 I had.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You must not have driven long enough for your headlights to ice over. LED lights don't generate enough heat to keep the ice clear.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You must not have driven long enough for your headlights to ice over. LED lights don't generate enough heat to keep the ice clear.
Snow plow manufacturers are smart enough to heat headlights. You'd think Ford could handle it. But nope.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think silicone spray works....I discovered it does make a mess on the windows (so they don't freeze up and not index up and down when opening/closing the doors)...

OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Snow plow manufacturers are smart enough to heat headlights. You'd think Ford could handle it. But nope.
And they still haven't addressed the windshield wiper issue. It's like they didn't think about places that have winter at all.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And they still haven't addressed the windshield wiper issue. It's like they didn't think about places that have winter at all.
The only wiper problem I've had is the angle of the windshield results in more ice build up on the wipers

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have Lux and therefore don't have ACC, but I can tell you when I am about to rear end a car my vehicle starts screaming at me and flashing red. What is that if it is not pre-collision assist?
All Broncos have pre-collision assist. It's separate from the radar, and is up in the top of your windshield.

I don't massively care about these sensors icing up, the HEADLIGHTS icing up is the real problem.
Perhaps I misunderstood which item you are trying to “delete”. I took the phrasing to mean ACC.

In the vehicle features setting tab you can turn off the pre-collision assist, it’ll give you a little amber light and a pop up upon each vehicle start (you can ignore it and it’ll go away in 3 seconds)

Sorry for the confusion
Sponsored