First Name
Hazed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Surprised on the upside by the Bronco. Have Wildtrak Sas, four-door Orange.

Engine is powerful and smooth enough (2.7). Fit and finish is decent. Rear bump has 1/4 gap variance from right side to left (more space on right side). I checked, visually, two other Broncos and found same issue. Send a video, using a tape measure, to a Ford dealer and they indicated this is definitely a flaw which would need to be fixed by their body shop? Any others with same problem?

Ride quality better than a Jeep, but you can tell it is body on frame (not an issue IMO). Handles well when cornering.

Road noise better than expected (we have soft top).

Sas tires hold stones and toss them into the Bronco when speed increases.

Headlights are poor. Tough turning at night -- the lights are dim and don't illuminate to the right and left of vehicle. They should recall and replace.

Radio (upgrade) is mediocre, esp bass. Given the attn they claim they paid to radio, very poor outcome.

Seats fantastic -- nice support.

Had Rigid LEDs (Ford Performance) and Rigid amber wheel well lights attached to mirrors by dealer. The dealer left some of the wires hanging, just draped over other wires.

FordPass ostensibly offers free pick-up and delivery. I've called two dealers and this was news to them -- and they certainly haven't sorted how to deal with it. Shame on Ford.

The Ford app does not update after service. Poor form. We have a Lincoln as well and that app functions poorly too.

On sand the Bronco shines -- no deflating needed and Baja mode is cool (display shows front cameras).

Paint quality poor -- if a beach chair falls on inside of back liftgate, you'd have a deep scratch, likely down to metal. Weak paint job and don't see any evidence of clearcoat protection. I've notices the orange peel issues as well.
Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How about transmission? Mine shifts like crap in first few gears. Very rough. If you get on it things smooth out.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about transmission? Mine shifts like crap in first few gears. Very rough. If you get on it things smooth out.
Mine shifts really smooth. You should have it looked at.

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll add some:

Wireless Apple Carplay works really well. Super easy connection to phones, and switches easily between phones. (Our Audi struggles sometimes with this).

Headlights for me have been great - I have the Lux package, not sure which package you have. Maybe one of them included a headlight upgrade?

Both the 2.3 and 2.7 have plenty of power. I've driven both.

It is just a lot of fun to drive (another threat today talking about the "it factor" of the Bronco).

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Base model, and the headlights are the brightest I have ever had in any vehicle in my entire life.
Sponsored