First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition; 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is me getting really nit picky, but has anyone read anything about rain sensing windshield wipers? They’re mentioned in the trim guide for the bronco sport, but I can’t find anything about them for the big bronco. It seems odd Ford would offer the gamut of creature comforts and not include the rain sensing wipers.
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is me getting really nit picky, but has anyone read anything about rain sensing windshield wipers? They’re mentioned in the trim guide for the bronco sport, but I can’t find anything about them for the big bronco. It seems odd Ford would offer the gamut of creature comforts and not include the rain sensing wipers.
That's a good question. I would think it would be included with the Co Pilot 360 suite , as it usually is included in that group of sensors.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just glad they are not top mounted like my 76 was. Had the top of the windshield packed with snow & every so often a big chunk would fall down & the wipers would play hockey with it all the while trying to see through an already small windshield getting smaller from snow obstruction.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
anyone know if the new bronco comes with this feature?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope so, and I hope it is NOT part of the lux. Auto sensing is pretty nice... hell I'd have to look for my wiper switch in my car cuz I never use it.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But rain sensing automatically gets faster and slower depending on the rain level. So yeah, we can turn them on... but how many times do you find yourself adjusting the delay as to not have wipers going on a dry windshield.

It is a nice feature...one of the things I'll miss with the move to a bronco. Right now, I don’t have to turn on my wipers, turn on my headlights, or even lock my doors... just jave fun driving :)

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my Fusion they're not great. It has to be raining pretty hard for them to turn on (and yes I have sensitivity on high).

I don't think Bronco will have them. They are not listed on any specs. I also looked at the Sport. They are listed there but not on the Badlands. I wonder if they don't work well for Offroad so they are not included on the BL Sport and all Bronco models?

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope so, and I hope it is NOT part of the lux. Auto sensing is pretty nice... hell I'd have to look for my wiper switch in my car cuz I never use it.
Yep, know the feeling and once you experiance that feature you do not want a vehicle without it. I havent ordered a Bronco yet because i am not sure it has this feature even though i read it does in the specs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
One of the least effective functions on a vehicle. Or at least around here. Constantly having false positives every time you enter/exit a tunnel or garage, plus the systems just can't figure out what to do with very light misty rain.

Something Seattle knows quite a bit about! Our average number of days per year with measurable rain might be dropping (thanks global climate change!) down to less than 270, but if you count days with any precipitation we're still close to 300.

Now you get about 3 false positive swipes per day and you're looking at replacing wipers twice a year because they drag across a dry window. Lovely.

Turned the feature off on the current car and would avoid any trim level which includes the horrific functioning auto-sensing windshield wipers unless they could be turned off.

Sponsored

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One of the least effective functions on a vehicle. Or at least around here. Constantly having false positives every time you enter/exit a tunnel or garage, plus the systems just can't figure out what to do with very light misty rain.

Something Seattle knows quite a bit about! Our average number of days per year with measurable rain might be dropping (thanks global climate change!) down to less than 270, but if you count days with any precipitation we're still close to 300.

Now you get about 3 false positive swipes per day and you're looking at replacing wipers twice a year because they drag across a dry window. Lovely.

Turned the feature off on the current car and would avoid any trim level which includes the horrific functioning auto-sensing windshield wipers unless they could be turned off.
If you don't like the feature just turn it off.
Thats not my experiance with the rain sensing wipers in my jeep renegade trailhawk. So nice when pesky mist pockets fog your windshield and the wipers take care of it for you instead of you having to fiddle with manually turning them on and off.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you don't like the feature just turn it off.
Thats not my experiance with the rain sensing wipers in my jeep renegade trailhawk. So nice when pesky mist pockets fog your windshield and the wipers take care of it for you instead of you having to fiddle with manually turning them on and off.
Sadly, they could not be defeated in the Mazdaspeed3, but they can be in the 6.

Rain sensing wipers is akin to a technology that should be forcing the use of turn signals without the drivers consent (like brake lights), because if you're really to incapable of operating a windshield wiper stalk, do you have the capacity to operate heavy machinery?

It's not like you have to constantly fiddle with the vacuum valve such as is on my 1951 Fleetline. That thing is a PITA to use the windshield wipers (as anybody old enough to have used vacuum actuated wipers will know)..... Speed and throttle-dependent wipers are a thing of the past, and now apparently a simple on/off switch is beyond American sensibilities.

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sadly, they could not be defeated in the Mazdaspeed3, but they can be in the 6.

Rain sensing wipers is akin to a technology that should be forcing the use of turn signals without the drivers consent (like brake lights), because if you're really to incapable of operating a windshield wiper stalk, do you have the capacity to operate heavy machinery?

It's not like you have to constantly fiddle with the vacuum valve such as is on my 1951 Fleetline. That thing is a PITA to use the windshield wipers (as anybody old enough to have used vacuum actuated wipers will know)..... Speed and throttle-dependent wipers are a thing of the past, and now apparently a simple on/off switch is beyond American sensibilities.
I didn't know that i buy almost nothing from the orient i can possibly avoid except maybe South Korea if that is considered part of the orient. The Jeep and Lincoln have this feature if you wish to use it.
Vacuum wipers were worthless unless the engine was reved up i remember those and the lift arm mechanical turn signals from the same era.

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Older topic but just wanted to verify, no package levels have rain sensing wipers? The Ford co-pilot 360 mentions it in some places but not sure if it's explicitly in or not in the bronco

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate rain sensing wipers. I live in the Pacific Northwest where we have all types of rain:) The auto sensors never get the timing right, at least not in our Lexus RX450h or the 2017 Porsche 911. I love the Subaru Crosstrek because it has a nice little knob where you can manual control the wiper delay. Works like a charm!
Sponsored