Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plus he still gets z plan, so it ended up being a deal to food to pass up. I can’t remember the exact numbers, but I think it stickered for about $38k and he ended up about $32k plus tax and fees? I was tempted to get one and wait until late 22 for a Bronco.
I wish I could double like your post. Sounds like a no-brainer of a deal.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More good news for 2.3L buyers

"Like other Rangers, the Tremor uses the same 2.3-liter EcoBoost turbo I4 mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission. Good for 270 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque, this is still one of the torquiest and most modern drivetrains available in a midsize truck. The engine has more than enough oomph to tote this 4,571-pound pickup around and the stop/start tech is well behaved to boot."

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After the first year of Bronco production or so, they should add a front locker and FRPP tune even if they have to make it a Tremor level 2 or some nonsense. That'd be a great overlanding rig.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea worse fuel economy than an unlimited 6 cyl...
Yeah, and the Ranger has 3.73s in it too, so it's gonna get worse with most bronco models with that as well.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After the first year of Bronco production or so, they should add a front locker and FRPP tune even if they have to make it a Tremor level 2 or some nonsense. That'd be a great overlanding rig.
The next gen Ranger should be hitting about that time. I'm very curious to see what they carry over from the Bronco to the new Ranger. A next gen Ranger Tremor that is more along the lines of a Squatch'd Badlands than a Raptor would definitely catch my eye.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, and the Ranger has 3.73s in it too, so it's gonna get worse with most bronco models with that as well.
gonna have to get some driving pointers from my grandma

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would that MPG estimate bother me? Yes, because I fully believe that the smart engineers could goose another 10-20% of MPG out of both engines without dramatically hurting functionality and performance. Will it knock me out of the purchase or affect my build? Maybe.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would that MPG estimate bother me? Yes, because I fully believe that the smart engineers could goose another 10-20% of MPG out of both engines without dramatically hurting functionality and performance. Will it knock me out of the purchase or affect my build? Maybe.
Completely agree, my build won't change, just gotta be prepared.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The next gen Ranger should be hitting about that time. I'm very curious to see what they carry over from the Bronco to the new Ranger. A next gen Ranger Tremor that is more along the lines of a Squatch'd Badlands than a Raptor would definitely catch my eye.
That would definitely be an awesome overlander, but might be too much of a risk for cannibalizing Bronco sales for Ford.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Tremor package is pretty nice.

I'm pretty heavily biased towards the Colorado ZR2 though. If I'm putting out big money on a midsize offroad pickup truck, I'd want one with a front locker.

Sponsored

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait. Are you saying that black diamond different suspension then lower trims? Am I right that base, big Bend, black diamond All have the same suspension?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait. Are you saying that black diamond different suspension then lower trims? Am I right that base, big Bend, black diamond All have the same suspension?
And OBX, yes. Standard suspension doesn't change until the BL trim level.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So are we saying that the standard suspension for bronco is equivalent to the suspension on ranger tremor?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The front shares some similarities and common DNA, but they are different. The Tremor has a similar ride height and tire clearance. Shocks are an upgrade and rear is a completely different configuration. My Thought is it can give some indication of performance potential with a similar set up and tires. I do think the Fox shocks in 2.0 and 2.5 will be available as DIO or aftermarket. That would make for a pretty nice BD setup. I have mentioned it before, the 265/70/17 seems to be the limit of tire Ford wants on the 190 front axle. My guess on no front locker is it adds additional stress and exceeds the capacity Ford wants to warranty with that axle and the “larger “ end of the tire they put on it. That is total conjecture on my part, but it’s consistent on the Ranger and Bronco. Remember, they have to warranty every ham fisted driver who buys a vehicle. Many of us could use it without a problem for lots of miles with larger tires.
Sponsored