OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You forgot Iron decontamination for any potential rail dust.

Also - and I can't stress this enough - make doubly sure that you wipe all the ceramic off COMPLETELY or you will end up with high spots and once they cure - it will look like an errant armor all swipe on your paint. (Ask me how I know)

I used the Chemical Guys ceramic - it was rated pretty high.
PXL_20230906_224022302.jpg
PXL_20230906_224041339.jpg
Oh dang. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
btw meant to type experienced not expensive.

Go check it there YouTube page. Ton of great videos.

If you’re a newb I highly recommend more research and that can come as just watching YouTube videos before jumping into polishing and coating.

car detailing isn’t hard but need to take proper steps
Will check out that DIY detailing. Thanks!

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're supposed to wash these things?
[/QUmy garage smells like a clay shop from all the mud cooking underneath lol id swear
"hard rock charlie" looks better muddy

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check out diydetail.com. Many YouTube videos on how to use their product. Unfortunately most of their products are out of stock. But if you can wait I think this might be the way to go for being a newb. I went with a ceramic coating for the first time on my Bronco. I have been very impressed with the finish and shine. Every time it rains it looks like I washed it. Watched many videos about ceramic coatings before I decided to go that route. Will do it again once the coating starts to degrade.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Check out diydetail.com. Many YouTube videos on how to use their product. Unfortunately most of their products are out of stock. But if you can wait I think this might be the way to go for being a newb. I went with a ceramic coating for the first time on my Bronco. I have been very impressed with the finish and shine. Every time it rains it looks like I washed it. Watched many videos about ceramic coatings before I decided to go that route. Will do it again once the coating starts to degrade.
Yea another member said to check them out. Been watching their stuff today. I saw everything was out of stock basically lol
I will wait a bit because of the cold and I want to do the woolwax before the exterior
Did you do your windows & windshield too?

Sponsored

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ceramic coated the painted surfaces twice. Hard top and glass once. After each wash I use technicians choice ceramic detail spray. After I hose down the vehicle to get the soap off. I spray the vehicle with technicians choice than hose off again. Then towel dry vehicle.

JCG2042

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sas, 2024 MB GLE450e (Wife)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of thoughts from me...

- Run from Chemical Guys - I agree. Their stuff is not good.
- If you want to go down a never-ending detailing rabbit hole, check out Pan the Organizer on YouTube
- I have had multiple cars done professionally, and I have done several myself. Your overall process is sound. You may want to find a quality polish after clay and before alcohol wipe to get rid of swirls
- I highly recommend Avalon King ceramic coating. I have self installed 3 times, and have used it on glass in our shower. Their videos and instructions are informative. The quality afterward is impressive.
- On my new Badlands, I had the coating applied at a local, well respected shop that is an XPEL PPF/Ceramic dealer. I did this because I had the entire front of it covered in PPF, and then ceramic on top. The XPEL warranty for both goes together. I struggled with that one, but the install was good, and the coating seems good so far. I would have rather found an Opticoat professional installer, but there are none near me. I would have had to go 1.5 hours away. I had good luck with that coating on a previous car, so I felt comfortable with it.

JCG2042

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sas, 2024 MB GLE450e (Wife)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea another member said to check them out. Been watching their stuff today. I saw everything was out of stock basically lol
I will wait a bit because of the cold and I want to do the woolwax before the exterior
I agree with DIYDetail stuff. Good quality across the board. Yvan Lacroix is an absolute legend in the car detailing world, and he is part owner of that brand.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are in process of moving to a much bigger warehouse. Is expected to be completed early this week. I would expect to see the site updated soon.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are in process of moving to a much bigger warehouse. Is expected to be completed early this week. I would expect to see the site updated soon.
Thanks for the insight. I got a few weeks yet before i plan to do this so i’ll wait on ordering anything. Appreciate the heads up

Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been using Adams and 303 Graphene's and both last about the same. Adams also has some good how to videos for another perspective.

Mad Max

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always start with a spray of hydrogen peroxide on the bugs. Windshield, paint, grill, everywhere. Let it fizz them for a minute or so and hose it off.

It's at the grocery store in the pharmacy section.

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Don't use alcohol on your paint...
Use a proper paint prep like Groits Garage Surface Prep...
If you're claying, you best be polishing afterwards!
ANY kinda contact with the paint finish is an opportunity to scratch it.
Personally, I'm not a fan of claying. My new Heritage arrived my transport (not rail) so I'd skip this step on my Bronco.
But I would definitely go over it with a black finishing pad and just an orbital and a deminishing polish for a 1 step polish (doesn't need correction... Panels are so wavy and warped anyway!)
This will help reflectivity immensely, depending on the colour, obviously.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay so I am a complete newb. I took a deep dive into the rabbit hole of exterior detailing and ceramic coating. I have come to the conclusion that opinions are like… you know what.

So here is the summary. Bought brand new 2023 Bronco last week. Oxford white. Plan to do woolwax underneath and ceramic on the paint. Her is my ceramic coat plan.

1. Wash with Chemical Guys Clean Slate
2. Perform light duty clay bar
3. Wipe down with a 50% isopropyl alcohol solution
4. Do ceramic coating. Probably the Chemical Guys one but I’m open to suggestions.

Chemical guys is just available locally and seems to have decent reputation so just figured i’d give it a shot.
any suggestions?
Do you have plans to drive your Bronco? Or just clean it?