Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t really blame Ford.

They’re finally admitting they find Ford Fanboys as annoying as everyone else does.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just left a furniture store, “you want a couch, it’s a 6 month wait.”
But what about this one you have on the floor? He asked. Sorry that is our demo couch and if we sold that we would have an empty spot in our showroom. But here is what I am going to do since you really need a couch. I will rent it to you for $100/ month for 12 months until the one you order arrives. Never mind that it only sells for $600 and never mind that I want 50% deposit AND 15% shipping on the new one you order. But if you don't take the deal just look at the line behind you. NEXT

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW local dealer tells me it’s about 12 weeks lead time for a 392.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That document is meant for internal only.
It is ultimately up to the front facing Dealerships to communicate that to the customers.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In fairness to Ford, those screenshots were confidential and not supposed to be shared outside of the group of people it was meant for. There's a good possibility that Ford will attempt to track down the person(s) that disclosed it and give the dealer a good azz chewing.

These PPs are supposed to be a quick overview of the program and not meant for dissemination. Yes, they could've said, "cancel order" instead of "walk away", but they didn't for whatever reason. Regardless if PC or more "sensitive to your feelings" words were used, it doesn't change the fact this was meant for dealer consumption.

We'll see if there are more details or whatever at 11:30 today. 7 of my 11 WT orders have already been contacted and have decided to stay the course. Couple other BLs have dropped a sin to hopefully get them built sooner rather than later.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That document is meant for internal only.
It is ultimately up to the front facing Dealerships to communicate that to the customers.
Well this place always likes a good shark feeding frenzy to vent about Ford. I've been guilty of it, but it also gets very tiresome.

robbob

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
This add showed up in my inbox this morning, from my local dealer. I had originally placed my order from then on Day 1, but switched to Granger on day 2.
Notice the $12K in additional dealer markup. This was probably ordered by some poor schmuck who had to wait two years like I did and then got hit with the big ADM and walked away.
This is why I went all the way to Iowa to pick up my new Bronco last summer.
Ford Bronco Reaction to somber news from Ford Offer's Option Number 4 New Bronco $12K ADM

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The "walk away" is what makes me think this might be bogus. I can't imagine Ford would use verbiage like that when communicating to customers who are goin g to be angry already about the new policy.
The offer appears legit - but for certain that graphic was created by ”NOT Ford”. Especially given that Ford has not even made the official announcement yet (expected today).

obviously, somebody else made the graphic and slapped a Ford logo on it.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get in line? $400 refundable without a clear price but reliable BMW 6
if a stick shift was available already (in the states), i'd be first in like.
if ford totally drops the ball, the grenadier tops the list.

Sponsored

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
When Delta overlooks a flight, they raise the compensation in $100 increments until they have freed up the needed seats. I think if they did the same with Wiltrak, the right level of incentive would be over $5000. Maybe $7500. Aftermarket suspensions and hard tops are quite pricy. The Adaptive Cruise Control on Lux is a big draw. I wonder how many people would switch their orders.
Airlines do that because the FAA imposes penalties on airlines that overbook flights of 400% the cost of the ticket rembursed to the person bumped. If someone willingly rebooks from an overbooked flight though, they don't need to pay that fee.

They do the $100 increment thing because it's ultimately cheaper than paying the federal penalty, and the worst case is they pay the federally required penalty. If that consumer protection law for airline customers didn't exist in the US, then Delta would tell its customers to get bent just as much as Ford has here.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In fairness to Ford, those screenshots were confidential and not supposed to be shared outside of the group of people it was meant for. There's a good possibility that Ford will attempt to track down the person(s) that disclosed it and give the dealer a good azz chewing.

These PPs are supposed to be a quick overview of the program and not meant for dissemination. Yes, they could've said, "cancel order" instead of "walk away", but they didn't for whatever reason. Regardless if PC or more "sensitive to your feelings" words were used, it doesn't change the fact this was meant for dealer consumption.

We'll see if there are more details or whatever at 11:30 today. 7 of my 11 WT orders have already been contacted and have decided to stay the course. Couple other BLs have dropped a sin to hopefully get them built sooner rather than later.
For those of us who want hard tops and have 4-door Wildtrak orders, the $2500 doesn't drive the decision to switch. What will motivate us is the risk of no 2023 build. I could settle for another model, but it's too early with too many unknowns.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get in line? $400 refundable without a clear price but reliable BMW 6
Thanks for the info! Hadn't heard of this vehicle before your post, but since reading it, I've checked out their website, specced out a build, and placed a deposit!

I'm one of the weirdos who LIKES waiting for the unknown.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of us who want hard tops and have 4-door Wildtrak orders, the $2500 doesn't drive the decision to switch. What will motivate us is the risk of no 2023 build. I could settle for another model, but it's too early with too many unknowns.
My gut says that the $2500 is a carrot to get those to switch and way for them to deflect flack after PP is lost. Basically, "we told you to switch, we offered you extra incentive to switch, warned you that it might not get built and warned you will lose PP if it goes into. 2024".

If you switch to a BL, non-SAS, High, soft, $2,500 isn't going to get you very far if you're wanting to put on SAS wheels/tires or piece together a hard top. I may have said in another thread, of our 11 WTs, the 7 we've contacted so far have said they're keeping their builds as is even with the understanding that they might go into 2024 and lose PP. We'll see what the other 4 have to say but we're going to contact others with a lot of sins and see what they want to do.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would take option #4. Ford has had 2 years now. I'm sorry for you early guys that are getting hosed but Ray Charles could have seen this coming.

"Just walk away".

Ford Bronco Reaction to somber news from Ford Offer's Option Number 4 Lord_Humungus
Sponsored