Sponsored

Really impressed with Bronco towing vehicle trailer (using custom hitch built for strength)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s do stupid things and post it on the internet. It’s the new American way. Hopefully it was posted as a joke and no one would be this dumb.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MIDSOUTHMICHAEL
First Name
MICHAEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO, 2021 FORD F 250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had fab shop custom make me a hitch for it with hd braces to make it stronger and prevent Any problems. So before all the negative comments ask questions. And as far as overweight towing people with 3/4 and 1 ton trucks do it everyday. And this is my 2 nd bronco and the 2.7 don’t have what that 2.3 does. I didn’t buy mine to pull my lawn mower with and ride around at Walmart I’m gonna beat on mine and see what it will do.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had fab shop custom make me a hitch for it with hd braces to make it stronger and prevent Any problems. So before all the negative comments ask questions. And as far as overweight towing people with 3/4 and 1 ton trucks do it everyday. And this is my 2 nd bronco and the 2.7 don’t have what that 2.3 does. I didn’t buy mine to pull my lawn mower with and ride around at Walmart I’m gonna beat on mine and see what it will do.
OK your hitch is built. What about your brakes, engine, tranny, etc.. What do you mean the 2.7L don't have what the 2.3L does? Just because other people do it doesn't mean you should.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow. He's really doubling down on this.
Ford Bronco Really impressed with Bronco towing vehicle trailer (using custom hitch built for strength) Screenshot-58-900x900

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Holy crap that Bronco is not happy with that weight. It is wayyyyyyy over towing capacity. The 2.3L towing capacity is 3,500 LB.. The Dodge Caravan weighs 4400 LB. plus the 2100 LB. trailer. Your literally 3k LB. over towing capacity!! Plus you have 35s that aren't included in the calculation. I'm glad nothing was damaged (short term at least) but don't recommend doing this ever. Don't want to be attacking just pointing that out.

I know it's a joke but the van actually has a 900 LB. less towing capacity. The van weighs 4300 LB. (that alone is 800 LB. more than the 2.3L towing capacity).
I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, but why specify the 2.3L here? There is no appreciable difference in tow capacity between the two engines on this vehicle.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much did that van weigh?! Although you said it handled well, it looks like it's well over towing capacity? 🤷‍♂️

Maybe the van should have towed the Bronco :ROFLMAO:

*Insert moar door Bronco being a van joke here*
Makes me feel better about those times I’ve been “worried” about towing something. If it can do this, god damn
It can do it but don't let Ford see you or they will void your warranty. 3500# includes trailer and load. A 3600# minivan on s 500 # trailer and better hope nothing breaks cause you will be paying out of pocket.

And renting a Uhaul only works if you have a hardtop. Company policy no trailers for convertibles.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, but why specify the 2.3L here? There is no appreciable difference in tow capacity between the two engines on this vehicle.
The 2.7L has more power and therefore it wouldn't hurt the engine AS much than if it was a 2.3L.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 2.7L has more power and therefore it wouldn't hurt the engine AS much than if it was a 2.3L.
The 2.3 tows 7500 in the Ranger. It can tow. And more power isn't everything - cooling is as important if not more.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole thread is one huge face palm.

Ford Bronco Really impressed with Bronco towing vehicle trailer (using custom hitch built for strength) double-facepalm-memes

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had fab shop custom make me a hitch for it with hd braces to make it stronger and prevent Any problems.
Which one so that other owners in Memphis can avoid it?

And as far as overweight towing people with 3/4 and 1 ton trucks do it everyday.
People go #2 and don't wash their hands all the time too. Doesn't make it acceptable or smart.

And this is my 2nd bronco
What happened to the first? was it rear end frame damage?

Side note, you should turn off your caps lock.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not about what it can pull down the road. You likely were over the load rating for the tires (if you didn't bump the pressure up to 60psi where the max load index is) as well as over the tow rating for the bronco. Should a tire fail on the trailer or the bronco you would have been in bad shape. Should you have to stop suddenly from highway speeds, there is a risk that the brakes on the bronco could have failed.
That all said, I've done similar with other vehicles and the big one was stopping. I had to stop once fast with a heavy trailer and car behind an early dodge Durango, and the brakes were not happy at all. It got very scary.

joshgonztx

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So rented a I haul auto transport today and went and picked up a mini van we bought for a friend of ours. I will have to say I’m really impressed with the way it performed. Suspension sat down pretty good but as far as pulling power didn’t phase it at all. Here is a couple pics and videos

Ford Bronco Really impressed with Bronco towing vehicle trailer (using custom hitch built for strength) double-facepalm-memes

thanks for the post, everyone that is giving you a hardtime because you went over the 3500. The bronco is really capable and is more closer to the towing capacity of the Ranger.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.