Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sat in the back of my 2010 mustang once the day I bought it just to see how it was. Never again.

I feel the same way. Kids can have their own AC vents when they buy their own car. Friends can walk if they are too hot. Dogs can have fun with the top off.

My dog rides up front. Pisses my wife off. I just tell her that's between her and the dog. The dog usually wins.
Sponsored

newkiddontheblock

Outer Banks
First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems silly but may be a deal breaker for me. It so blistering hot in Texas, family doesnt even like to ride in the Raptor in the summer because rear ac is terrible. Having no rear vents in a 4 door suv is just poor planning.
Same I’m in Texas too and it gets hot! I use my remote start feature on my edge all the time and would definitely want it on the bronco. I don’t understand how people ride around in Texas with their doors and roofs off on their Jeeps. U have a couple vertibke mustang and in the summer at a stoplight it was unbearable!

Taargus

Badlands
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 1980 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey hey hey! Let’s not knock the AC seats. We want the AC seats. We need the AC seats. They are our friend. ❤
AC seats are amazing. If I had to choose between AC seats and heated seats, I would go with AC. And I live in Canada....

Ready70

Black Diamond
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback Onyx XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since we are talking about kids. Anyone think it possible to mod one more seat into the back of the four-door? Difficult to have a crew of 5 plus me.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I care more about the total cooling power of the Bronco’s AC system than I do the location of its vents.
I used to work out of an old Kodiak flatbed. It had a screwy vent system so only one worked, however it blew like the casket of ancient winters. Would make the windows fog up on a hot day.

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah 20 years ago pickup trucks didn't have rear vents, but also they weren't neither north of $50k or being used as a family vehicle. Trucks getting comfier and having all the luxury is what killed products such as the Chevy Avalanche since the niche was filled by the same trucks people were already using. There's $30k cars with rear vents so for as much as Ford is charging they better have air conditioning in the back even if it's controlled from the main HVAC controls in the front.

Rear vents should be in the B pillar if Ford keep saying you could hose down the interior and drain it through the floor. I live in a part of the world where it's summer all year long and last xmas day was a "fresh" 93F, so go figure. Air conditioning in the back it is a deal breaker and also kind of ridiculous since the tech already exist and isn't that difficult to route it under the center console or having them in the B pillars which would be optimal as it would also blow some fresh air to my dogs in the cargo area.

Lolife

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same I’m in Texas too and it gets hot! I use my remote start feature on my edge all the time and would definitely want it on the bronco. I don’t understand how people ride around in Texas with their doors and roofs off on their Jeeps. U have a couple vertibke mustang and in the summer at a stoplight it was unbearable!
I don't care where your from, summer sun, 95deg heat and on top of that hot exhaust heat rolling up at a stop light is stooooopid hot..... I'm with ya Newkid

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are we really bitching about no rear ac vents in a Ford Bronco? Wow!
Seems like a big oversight for a vehicle that's probably harder to heat and cool than most. You may be fine in the drivers seat, but what about the kids whining in the back?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But how do we know the air coming out of those vents will be cold enough?:mad:
I’m going to start manufacturing some undercarriage scoops to force air up through the floor drains just in case.
I had a 14 F-150 Tremor that was a regular cab, but they had the Flow-Through console like the 4 door trucks. It had vents in the rear even though there was only about a foot of storage space there. The A/C throughout was fantastic.

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like a big oversight for a vehicle that's probably harder to heat and cool than most. You may be fine in the drivers seat, but what about the kids whining in the back?
I hear ya. My top won’t be on very much. So I was just thinking of it from that point of view. I have had a few Broncos and was topless 90% of the time. Never thought about it being a family car. ;)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wont they be whining about something already anyways?
Sponsored