kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think it’s totaled. I was under the impression too, bent frame totals a vehicle. IMO, push to get it totaled, trying to sell it whenever it comes time, will be a nightmare.
I'm always amazed how many times vehicles are reframed. Service frames are saved for 10-15 years after depending on the contract......who would reframe a 10 year old truck lol

good luck and glad the injuries are minor
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sucks that you are hurt. I would sue hard on that and get what you can from that bad driver that caused the accident. They should not be allowed to drive again.

The Bronco with the spare tire dead center in the back will absorb most of the blow of being rear ended. Unfortunately this means pushing in of the tailgate and anything structurally related. I can see it being catastrophic damage. It's not like a conventional pick up where the bumper, vehicle frame can absorb the blow.

There are so many bad drivers out there- I see it every day on my long commute- people doing such stupid things. It's exhausting to look, look and look again for the safest lane, route, speed, car lengths to be away from the guy in form of me, etc. to be safe. Fortunately this has worked so far for me..........

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let us know what the supplement is after the job is finished. I assume if they made an estimate there were frame measurements done and it wasn't bent?

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry that happened due to a lousy driver. Hope the insurance co rakes him/her over the hot coals 👿

Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so sorry to see and read this, just glad y'all all seem to be alright.

Yeah body work is crazy out of control, even the lot damage we get here at the dealership costs us an arm and a leg it seems. Between materials and wages on the rise so are the costs and not to mention the values of the replacement vehicles are still through the roof so totaling is a challenge. Dealing with a totaled vehicle or on the verge of totaling is a terrible experience usually, I haven't heard many good stories unfortunately. Personally speaking we got hit by a drunk driver leaving a Texans game back in 2012, I had a brand new 2500 Cummins, she was doing 45 when she hit us, wouldn't total but a total nightmare. Another was in 2016 my new 250 Platinum with paper tags got stolen, recovered completely stripped a few days later and was a 6 month ordeal to finally get it totaled.

Good luck, be strong and get ready to fight!

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$20K in damage? I'd ask the dealer how much they'd give me for the wrecked bronco, then put that and the $20K toward a new one.

Ridiculous that in this day and age we have so many uninsured drivers. And even if they are insured, it is for so little because they haven't updated the minimums in decades. Property damage was only $10K in FL, here in PA the minimum for property damage is only $5K.

My wife was just rear-ended the other day. Not injured, and barely any damage to her car. I'd love to get an estimate from a dealer to repair back to new, and diminished value, and go after the at fault driver for it, but she probably only has the minimum $5K, and she actually slammed into the back of a traffic line totaling her vehicle, and pushing 5 vehicles into the vehicle in front of them, with my wife's being the last. So I really don't expect to get anything from the person that caused it if they have only $5K worth of property damage coverage.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to wonder how many of these same idiots without insurance and who text while driving are also against self-driving cars.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Suing only does good IF they ve got assets or making $$$ …. Chances are if they re driving around without insurance and texting they re losers/haven’t got crap …. Real problem is we have all kinds of laws but nothing that keeps these types in line. Makes me sick 🤢 😡

Glad that you re not hurt critically.

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Repair shop quoting about 20k to repair. ETA is about a month and a half. I’ve read nightmare stories on here about wait times in repair shops. Is it still really bad?

Only had my car since last September, super bummed.

IMG_2128.jpeg

other guys car, think he was texting. Hit us full speed, while we were waiting to turn at the light.
IMG_2131.jpeg
that's a Toyota cruiser worth some $$$$ NO INSURANCE wow !
is that guy in trouble ? looks like the cops have him sitting on the curb

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the airbags went off AND the frame has to be replaced, it will be totaled. If it is just the frame they will fix it. Mine was far worse than this and ended being $32000 to fix and USAA fixed it. The entire front end of mine was smashed and the frame bent but the airbags did not go off. There are pics here somewhere.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here is my frame damage and the car that rear ended me
Ford Bronco Rear ended on Sunday :(  $20K repair estimate! [Update: TOTALED] IMG_6060
Ford Bronco Rear ended on Sunday :(  $20K repair estimate! [Update: TOTALED] 442441317_10160259451428310_4922025412361027027_n
- The rear of my body tub is twisted down. The door gaps on the driver's side are messed up, bumper/tailgate are toast and the rear driver's side body mount is almost ripped out of the body. The entire cargo floor is bent upwards.

I can't even get someone to give me an estimate and it has been to 5 body shops. I have called 9, 4 of them didn't even want to look at it/aren't capable of the work after seeing the damage, 4 didn't even want to make an appointment to see it, and the one has had it for 3 days without an estimate.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Let us know what the supplement is after the job is finished. I assume if they made an estimate there were frame measurements done and it wasn't bent?
I think the OP said the $20k included a frame replacement which is crazy low based on our conversations.
Sponsored