PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with your statements. I was an 88M for the Army. I learned very quickly that a rear view mirror was useless when driving the trucks that I did and not to even bother with it.

The largest vehicle I drove:

2560px-GlobalHET_2_HR.jpg
That’s just a tad bigger than my previous truck or my current Fusion so I’ll shut up now.

Thanks for the responses everyone 😂
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The largest vehicle I drove:

2560px-GlobalHET_2_HR.jpg
Is that an Oshkosh? I've been seeing a few YouTubers buy Stewart & Stevenson M10XX trucks with envy, but those super singles make the trailer tires (22.5/24.5s?) look like golf cart tires... Woof. Thank you. I grew up within the blast radius of the AMGeneral HMMWV plant (sorry), military vehicles are always fascinating.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is that an Oshkosh? I've been seeing a few YouTubers buy Stewart & Stevenson M10XX trucks with envy, but those super singles make the trailer tires (22.5/24.5s?) look like golf cart tires... Woof. Thank you. I grew up within the blast radius of the AMGeneral HMMWV plant (sorry), military vehicles are always fascinating.
There's 40 of them on that trailer-all steerable. Blew my mind when I first saw one in person while stationed in Germany!

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, it's an Oshkosh M1070 tractor and M1000 DRS trailer. Out of the 5 axles on the trailer, the back 4 turn. It's an interesting combo to say the least. The M1000 has 40 wheels (215/75R 17.5 tires ). I don't remember the tractor tire size, but they're a pain to change.

The looks you get when driving one on a public highway is interesting.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s just a tad bigger than my previous truck or my current Fusion so I’ll shut up now.

Thanks for the responses everyone 😂
:ROFLMAO:

Wasn't trying to compare vehicle size, but learning not to rely on a rear view mirror. I mainly drove these with 30 or 40 ft trailers.

cropped-M931A2%20Tractor%20(1).jpg

3ff1528c2-06252015-cropped-M931A1%20(13-47)%20(11).jpg

Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a non-issue to me as well, and I rarely use the rearview camera. I turn my head occasionally, but mostly use the side mirrors. I'm teaching my 15-yo son to drive now, and I have to harp on him to NOT USE THE REARVIEW CAMERA to back up.

Edit: I left out the word "only"... Ibuse my rearview camera, but only as a confirmation of info I have gathered from more traditional sources.

Last edited:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a non-issue to me as well, and I rarely use the rearview camera. I turn my head occasionally, but mostly use the side mirrors. I'm teaching my 15-yo son to drive now, and I have to harp on him to NOT USE THE REARVIEW CAMERA to back up.
But that's why your government requires it to be there. Why are you telling him to not use the best tool available? The only thing to concern yourself with is what is immediately behind the vehicle and the outside swing of the front. Who taught you this poor behavior? Have you not heard horror stories of people reversing over their own children? JFC some people shouldn't reproduce.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A very young (and alive) Raul Julia, firmly grasped the rear view mirror of a 1970s Ferrari Daytona Spider and gave it a jerk. "And now my friend, the first rule of Italian driving... What is behind me is not important."
Use the dash display to make sure you don't back over critters, children or immovable objects. It annoys the shit out of me when I'm in a car and someone swivels their head to the back of the car to reverse when they have a reverse camera... #1 way to make me think lesser of you as a primate.
as someone who has driven cars before all of these conveniences were around, i still look over my shoulder to see what is behind me before maneuvering. i also use mirrors. based solely on the irresponsibility of your statement, i will simply advise you to grow up. you do not have any idea of the functionality of the back up cameras, or other conveniences of another's vehicle. by the way, i did not seek your approval as a primate...

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as someone who has driven cars before all of these conveniences were around, i still look over my shoulder to see what is behind me before maneuvering. i also use mirrors. based solely on the irresponsibility of your statement, i will simply advise you to grow up. you do not have any idea of the functionality of the back up cameras, or other conveniences of another's vehicle. by the way, i did not seek your approval as a primate...
If you persist in not using a rear view camera, I pray you never kill anyone because of your negligence. May your diety absolve you.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But that's why your government requires it to be there. Why are you telling him to not use the best tool available? The only thing to concern yourself with is what is immediately behind the vehicle and the outside swing of the front. Who taught you this poor behavior? Have you not heard horror stories of people reversing over their own children? JFC some people shouldn't reproduce.
This has to be the greatest example of faux online rage i have ever seen. Congrats!

The only word I left out in the initial post is "only." He has a false sense that all he needs to do is look at the rearview camera, without checking his side view mirrors or paying attention to anything else.

I might actually, you know, meet people in person before determining whether or not they should reproduce. You know, Hitler and all might be a warning.

Sponsored

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wait, you people use your center mirrors?

I took mine off my work truck, then blacked out the mount with a sharpie. I don't miss it one bit.

Ford Bronco Rear Visibility? 3ff1528c2-06252015-cropped-M931A1%20(13-47)%20(11)
Where did you learn to drive?

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might actually, you know, meet people in person before determining whether or not they should reproduce. You know, Hitler and all might be a warning.
Be sure and tell him about Godwin's law and it's optimal usage.
It's not my fault when you cannot use the English language to convey your intended meaning.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's not my fault when you cannot use the English language to convey your intended meaning.
I'm sure this whole thing will be moderated soon. But you are the one who placed yourself in a position to decide who should and should not reproduce. That places you in pretty exclusive company. So this online discussion moving toward evil historical figures is more your doing than mine.

And if omitting one word is equal to not being able to use the English language, I guess we are all illiterate savages, no matter what my degree in English and 15 years' teaching experience say to the contrary.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A very young (and alive) Raul Julia, firmly grasped the rear view mirror of a 1970s Ferrari Daytona Spider and gave it a jerk. "And now my friend, the first rule of Italian driving... What is behind me is not important."
Use the dash display to make sure you don't back over critters, children or immovable objects. It annoys the shit out of me when I'm in a car and someone swivels their head to the back of the car to reverse when they have a reverse camera... #1 way to make me think lesser of you as a primate.
Ha ha.. That's kinda funny... Cuz it annoys the hell out of me when someone doesn't know how to use the 3 mirrors available to them and needs a camera to back up or park..... And still parks crooked!

Different times I suppose.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh, and *its
Sponsored