PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a bit random, but can anyone with a bronco post pictures of what the visibility looks like through the rear view mirror and looking over your shoulder with the top on?
Im hoping to get an example from a soft top and an MIC. I haven’t been able to find a demo to test drive as all the dealers near me just let us sit in them. They all have had the roofs off or rolled back. The soft top I got in yesterday I realized there is no rear visibility when the top is folded down so I’m wondering how it compares to MIC when the roof is on. I was going to switch to a soft top, but I hate feeling like I can’t see around me when I drive.
Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A very young (and alive) Raul Julia, firmly grasped the rear view mirror of a 1970s Ferrari Daytona Spider and gave it a jerk. "And now my friend, the first rule of Italian driving... What is behind me is not important."
Use the dash display to make sure you don't back over critters, children or immovable objects. It annoys the shit out of me when I'm in a car and someone swivels their head to the back of the car to reverse when they have a reverse camera... #1 way to make me think lesser of you as a primate.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is a bit random, but can anyone with a bronco post pictures of what the visibility looks like through the rear view mirror and looking over your shoulder with the top on?
Im hoping to get an example from a soft top and an MIC. I haven’t been able to find a demo to test drive as all the dealers near me just let us sit in them. They all have had the roofs off or rolled back. The soft top I got in yesterday I realized there is no rear visibility when the top is folded down so I’m wondering how it compares to MIC when the roof is on. I was going to switch to a soft top, but I hate feeling like I can’t see around me when I drive.

This is not exactly what you wanted but it gives you an idea of how bad the rear visibility will be .... with the top down you will be able to see the limits of the horizon

Ford Bronco Rear Visibility? IMG-7541

solution:

https://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Control-Screen-Tracking-Waterproof/dp/B09B9QSGCR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2QSKQ05KC6E6E&dchild=1&keywords=vantop+h612t+12+4k+mirror+dash+cam&qid=1629482646&sprefix=vantop,aps,233&sr=8-3

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a demo with a soft top for about 2 weeks and with the top up the visibility out the rear view is what you would expect from most cars. With the top down, the visibility is practically zero.

The Bronco would benefit greatly from one of the electronic rear view mirrors.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco has a government mandated rear camera on all models, why a rear view mirror solution?! I believe you can switch to the rear view on the dash 8 or 12 inch display at any time...:censored::sick::censored::sick::censored:

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having previously a jeep and now a tacoma (w/ a very small rear window), I find the rear view mirror very overrated.

I use it more to look and talk to the kids in the back seat than I do to not see things behind me. Side mirrors are all that are needed while moving. Camera is back there for backing up.

OP
OP
PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco has a government mandated rear camera on all models, why a rear view mirror solution?! I believe you can switch to the rear view on the dash 8 or 12 inch display at any time...:censored::sick::censored::sick::censored:
I don’t like to rely on the cameras. Typically the range of view isn’t as good as turning my head to see cars coming up on me if I back out of a spot. Also force of habit, learned to drive turning my head and looking so I still do.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive a Super Duty Crew Cab with an aluminum tray and headache rack, I can't see shit and only use the external tow mirrors, turning your head/torso, especially at moderate to high speeds is a terrible habit. I imagine the Broncos blind sports are as bad or worse, approaching FJCruiser bad. Stop that.

Sponsored

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t like to rely on the cameras. Typically the range of view isn’t as good as turning my head to see cars coming up on me if I back out of a spot. Also force of habit, learned to drive turning my head and looking so I still do.
I actually find that if I'm backing out of a parking space, the rear camera of my Jeep has a much larger view than I do between 2 parked vehicles. I still tend to glance out the side windows, and my side mirrors, but I don't turn all the way around anymore, thanks to the camera.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drive a Super Duty Crew Cab with an aluminum tray and headache rack, I can't see shit and only use the external tow mirrors, turning your head/torso, especially at moderate to high speeds is a terrible habit. I imagine the Broncos blind sports are as bad or worse, approaching FJCruiser bad. Stop that.
I agree with your statements. I was an 88M for the Army. I learned very quickly that a rear view mirror was useless when driving the trucks that I did and not to even bother with it.

The largest vehicle I drove:

2560px-GlobalHET_2_HR.jpg

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't have that exact pic but I've been driving around mostly with the top up and have had minimal issue or concern with rear visibility.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems you actually know how to drive. 👍

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait, you people use your center mirrors?

I took mine off my work truck, then blacked out the mount with a sharpie. I don't miss it one bit.

20210820_144528.jpg
Sponsored