Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes; just posted it all in another thread. Not 100% my solution is the ONLY possible combination of parts. The screen turned out I missed an additional power & ground, and does indeed work. I borked my SiriusXM, but that's a Forscan uh-oh on my part. I'll post a link to the other thread, but until work stops for the season I don't have the time to write everything up neatly. I also have one more proof-of-concept that may simply mean owners only need Forscan, 12" screen, 1x wire, and the dash... BUT let me swap my 8" module back in and see what happens before taking that as golden. I'm still at work or I'd do it now
Did you ever get around to working on this yet??
Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Define, "working on this;" tossing the 8" module back in, fixing SiriusXM, or the writeup? Lol

I did fix my SiriusXM, Nav comes down to OEM maps which can be correct but unless you have "connected nav" you can't use it for picking a location and going there (OEM maps will also end up outdated, of course)- Waze, Googe Maps, etc. for directions. I haven't had a weekend to tear down my dash again for swapping out the module with the 8" OEM module (and compare to my replacement 8" module that I believe I had confirmed took a NAV programming). Low chance, but possible, I might be able to tear into it this Friday Dec. 15th.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Define, "working on this;" tossing the 8" module back in, fixing SiriusXM, or the writeup? Lol

I did fix my SiriusXM, Nav comes down to OEM maps which can be correct but unless you have "connected nav" you can't use it for picking a location and going there (OEM maps will also end up outdated, of course)- Waze, Googe Maps, etc. for directions. I haven't had a weekend to tear down my dash again for swapping out the module with the 8" OEM module (and compare to my replacement 8" module that I believe I had confirmed took a NAV programming). Low chance, but possible, I might be able to tear into it this Friday Dec. 15th.
Thanks for the update. Mostly was referencing the write-up, but all good information. Mostly was just curious if this experiment was mature enough for me to dig into it yet because I very much wish I got the bigger screen. But I will wait a bit since it does not seem like its there yet and my Bronco is my daily. Keep up the good work!

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the update. Mostly was referencing the write-up, but all good information. Mostly was just curious if this experiment was mature enough for me to dig into it yet because I very much wish I got the bigger screen. But I will wait a bit since it does not seem like its there yet and my Bronco is my daily. Keep up the good work!
I wish I had more time for it, but I hurt my back months ago and I'm still in a ton of pain every day. My Excursion has several, but more importantly high-hour repairs too; Step 1: remove cab doesn't apply as well to them lol.

Back to the experiment itself, I'm almost certain it can be done with just adding the power wires to the 12" screen itself plus the dash, and I appreciate the patience. It is looking more and more like I'll have Friday and Saturday to play with it. The longest part is being careful taking it all apart; none of it but 2 trim pieces are hard/difficult, both at and below the climate control.
Sponsored