2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife’s Grand Cherokee 8.4” screen is around $1500 for a reconditioned unit and my F150 replacement sync is $1500-1600 on Ebay. Adding the 360 cameras to my f150 aftermarket and to seamlessly work with my factory screen was $800. I’d venture to say for a 12” screen you’ll be looking $2500-3000 when all said and done.
Sponsored

jthompson9134

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thread is a bit dead but I am also curious to know if this is a viable option. Any one else look further into this yet?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

8" to 12" screen thread

Here's what I was able yo pull; and since mine hasn't been built yet (last I heard, next week?), I can't confirm physically. However, harnesses are very often reused to reduce costs and keep stock available. I'm throwing a black bezel and 12" + front/side cameras into my accessories order, and we shall see. MY reason for attempting the upgrade, is someone nixed their order, which I Shanghai'd immediately; Basesquatch

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine has now, allegedly, entered production. I added on my wish list the bezel from a Wildlands and the 12" screen. so IF the parts have arrived when I take ownership, you all can bet I'm gonna replace it and let you know what, if anything is needed additionally. 8-1/2 years in the Army I know all about being the guinea pig!

Attachments

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the procedure for replacing/swapping the units. Note the 12" requires a second cable on the rear of the Sync screen. I do NOT see the P/N of that cable in Repairlink. I have the 12" screen ordered, and it is possible it may come with that cable, but unlikely. My Bronco should be in mid-April; it's blend date was 3/26/22, but I haven't seen the modules populate yet so who knows. When I get it in I'll update, but it won't be until the first weekend I'll be able to get started on all of my parts installations.

Attachments

Sponsored

ShafferNB

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Schwaggle Thank you for getting on this thread. Do you have any updates? I am looking to do the same thing. At the least I would just like to have the larger screen and all the extra features (camera's, sensors, etc...) would just be an added benefit.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shoot, I'd pay money to go from the 8" screen to having the old 2005ish Ford Shaker double DIN head unit if it had Bluetooth audio.

My experience with every modern infotainment system is that it becomes the first thing to be overly dated and frustrating.

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the procedure for replacing/swapping the units. Note the 12" requires a second cable on the rear of the Sync screen. I do NOT see the P/N of that cable in Repairlink. I have the 12" screen ordered, and it is possible it may come with that cable, but unlikely. My Bronco should be in mid-April; it's blend date was 3/26/22, but I haven't seen the modules populate yet so who knows. When I get it in I'll update, but it won't be until the first weekend I'll be able to get started on all of my parts installations.
Thank you for sharing! Very interested on the swap. Don’t think we are able to install the cameras and that’s ok :)

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't see why not being able to add the cameras with Forscan; i also wonder if that crossover cable pictured isn't just cut off in the pic for the cameras and/or nav. Truck should arrive the 14th, so I'll know then when I open the box

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been keeping an eye on this thread because I've been looking into doing a Mid+ conversion of the Mid package, just like Everglades.
It's mainly because the only 2 things I want/would like from the High package are the 12 inch screen and under hood insulation pad.
The only kicker might be the center instrument cluster panel, if the 8 inch one can't be properly modified (I haven't seen one that's been removed to know for sure.)
I checked a couple weeks ago and those center panels for 12 inch screen were listed as out of stock.

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Apparently not so here in MN, unless I got the last one. Roseville Midway Ford in MN said all $12k in accessories I ordered were in-stock, which means the bezel and 12" screen. I think you may have lazy parts guys there who won't (or with chip shortage can't) order from elsewhere

Edit: I do not know Repairlink does it's parts allocation when it shows either "1" or "available," so if you checked there if it shows our of stock, they may very well be out of stock. Maybe a-holes like me doing base-package upgrades buying all the parts while Ford is stopping availability due to the shortage. I might have cost someone their Bronco...

Last edited:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hard to say what is going on.
I checked a few big Dealers that do online OEM parts sales & ordering and that center panel shows a part number but it also states 'unavailable' next to the part number.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Try calling: 1-651-636-8200 and hit up their parts department; the internet is great, BUT not always up-to-date. Or try my Repairlink access thread. I'll add it in when I get a chance. Not just Ford parts.

Repairlink parts access

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just an update for anyone watching this thread, my est. arrival is now 4/24 (Sunday?); but I was told all of my parts are in, specifically the dash panel and the screen, so I'll update when I physically get a chance to tear down the dash... which will be the first weekend I have available

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sooooo... Bronco is now in my possession, but because I ordered so many parts ($11,500), dealer wants me to wait until the last part comes in. So, either this weekend or next all...

Ford Bronco Replacing 8" with 12" Screen? 33313
Sponsored