Sponsored

Reservation number sequence - is it sequential or indicates spot in queue?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I just finally jumped blindly off the cliff like the masses and did my reservation 6 days after (7/19) and got 1017xxxx .... let's hope they didn't start at 1 because it will be years before we get the Bronco if that is the case!
Sponsored

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got first confirmation at 7:04 central on a base, I didnt realize you had to pick a certain trim level so put in another for a wildtrack at 10:09 central. The day of the rollout, hopefully I can change the first one and can get in the first wave. dealer reached out to say thanks but havnt heard anymore yet.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why am I beginning to feel like I am living in the movie "Willy Wonka and the Great Chocolate Factory"? Who has the "Golden Ticket" to get on the street first (or dirt)? Nobody knows...BUT I HOPE IT IS ME!

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m guessing its all coded.
meaning there is a code number that scrambles the rest of the numbers like a Barcode.
and it very well could be trim related or it’s dealer related
Maybe, just maybe these are indeed barcode numbers that will be used to track your Bronco all the way through the build process. Once you convert your reservation to order all the particulars will be tied to your order ID. I'm sure there is a stacking by reservation date in there as well.
Just my thoughts

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is something interesting I have received 2 new October reservations with time stamps yesterday and they were
1028**** 10/16/2020
1014**** 10/16/2020

Now are they reusing the cancelled res number??

Interesting...That is why the timestamp from Ford is the important factor...

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is something interesting I have received 2 new October reservations with time stamps yesterday and they were
1028**** 10/16/2020
1014**** 10/16/2020

Is it possible the 1014**** is someone’s second res?

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our 7/19 reservation no. is 10303xxx. Originally Outer Banks; we'll change it to Badlands at B&P.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1028**** 10/16/2020
1014**** 10/16/2020

That has been my suspicion. There are a few low numbers which i think may be recycled from other model reservations or a special reservation book opened before the one opened for the general public. Even though I have a really low number that I made within a few minutes of the opening, I bet there's 10,000 reservations before me.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been said a number of times but this seems to keep coming up....

FORD IS NOT GOING BY RESERVATION NUMBER.

Sorry to look like I'm yelling but this seems to keep popping up. Albert provided a perfect example above of how little the reservation number means (they seem to be using earlier numbers for later reservations now).

Ford is going by actual timestamp when they start fulfilling the orders and you have to get that from your dealer (they can see it in their system).

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's been said a number of times but this seems to keep coming up....

FORD IS NOT GOING BY RESERVATION NUMBER.

Sorry to look like I'm yelling but this seems to keep popping up. Albert provided a perfect example above of how little the reservation number means (they seem to be using earlier numbers for later reservations now).

Ford is going by actual timestamp when they start fulfilling the orders and you have to get that from your dealer (they can see it in their system).
I think we all know that as we've heard it a number of times. It doesn't keep us from discussing it. Until we know the actual timestamps, the sequential order is the only variable we have to work with (combined with when we reserved) and for many of us it is likely to be indicative of where we are. I'm sure it will be discussed a heck of a lot more once the order banks open.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we all know that as we've heard it a number of times. It doesn't keep us from discussing it. Until we know the actual timestamps, the sequential order is the only variable we have to work with (combined with when we reserved) and for many of us it is likely to be indicative of where we are. I'm sure it will be discussed a heck of a lot more once the order banks open.
We do know the actual timestamp (or if not, we have access to getting it from our assigned dealer).

Not sure why anyone would want to discuss a number that has no meaning to the sequential order.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish there was the actual timestamp as I would assume it is down to the micro second...my further assumption would be a row number/insert ID to be a tie breaker for exact same date time to the microsecond with the volume seen on launch day. Date is nowhere near precise enough...heck hour and min is not but at least at the min precision level you get some better visibility into order.
Sponsored