Sponsored

[RESOLVED!!!] After 2 years, my Bronco is finally here. Only to be greeted with a 48% markup.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Crain Ford of Little Rock. I'm livid. Needless to say I did not come home with a new Bronco.

Please help me raise hell.

Here's a tweet to Ford.
My Yelp review of the dealership.
Google review of the dealership from "Shane Ermitano".
Facebook reviews
Crain's Twitter

UPDATE:

3/2
  • Michael Levine just replied to my email and has escalated to his team.
  • Ford hotline was unable to move the vehicle to another dealership since this one has already taken delivery, however, I was able to submit them in a report for the markup.
  • Thanks to everyone for your reviews and making some noise! 🙏

• Wife is posted up at the dealership.
  • Manager: "I wish you wouldn't have escalated the situation. We have 19 1-star reviews now." They've only dropped the price 10k.
  • Ford's Twitter reached out to me asking to DM for more info.
  • Me and all you internet gangbangers will continue to fuck shit up until we get an apology and the MSRP.

Scan.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 7.06.23 PM.png
Sometimes I hate the Bronco6G community… But it’s situations like this where we all agree and rally together!! 💯

Lets get you your Bronco!
Sponsored

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought of it and quite frankly more should have!
This is what I did: At the very start the Dealer I normally work with would not guarantee anything. So I moved my reservation to one that would. That Dealer gave me emails confirming MSRP. I went a step further and got a signed letter from the OWNER guaranteeing MSRP. When ordering we all signed the order form. I went in prepared with a "Contract Addendum" which they agreed to and signed. That addendum covered; MSRP, actual price written in, doc fees not to exceed over $100.00, no other fees or treatment/security charges, all accessories ordered installed for free and more. The biggest issue I see with people getting shafted is that they have not taken the extra step to protect themselves. $40>$60K is a huge expenditure. Learned my lessons long ago. PROTECT YOURSELVES. I am very sorry for those dealing with corrupt dealers.
The fact that you did all that and they so willingly agreed probably means it will work out for you, but here's the thing - if they did decide not to honor any of what you just mentioned, they could and none of it would matter. The dealer holds all the cards and as far as I am aware there has been no legal precedent favoring for the consumer in these ADM cases.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sad to say with Ford closing the order banks, dealers are going to use that to their advantage to justify these mark-ups.

It's going to get worse before it gets better folks.
I agree, and with inflation being what it is, dealers are going to be less willing to stick to agreements made years earlier.

I am especially worried about dealer prices getting jacked at the time of the MY23 reorder. No one has a written agreement for a MY23 Bronco. And Ford's price protection only covers the MSRP. It's worthless against "dealer market adjustments".

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that you did all that and they so willingly agreed probably means it will work out for you, but here's the thing - if they did decide not to honor any of what you just mentioned, they could and none of it would matter. The dealer holds all the cards and as far as I am aware there has been no legal precedent favoring for the consumer in these ADM cases.
If they signed a contract on pricing. There is most certainly a legal precedent. Now, you have to pay a lawyer. I would love to see one of these dealers have to pay what the MSRP + the ADM + lawyer fees

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

<Sigh> No. Dealers can do whatever they want to with the price. The price protection is just from the factory. That's it.
BINGO! Give that man a chicken dinner....

Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealer does that shit to me and I'm putting it into a wall on the test drive. I don't care if it raises my rates, it's getting totalled.
I have typically tried to keep calm durung this kind of BS at a dealershoip...but so many dealerships have demonstrated criminal behavior ---when people get ignored and frustrated they take more aggressive actions...I hear ya....

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought of it and quite frankly more should have!
This is what I did: At the very start the Dealer I normally work with would not guarantee anything. So I moved my reservation to one that would. That Dealer gave me emails confirming MSRP. I went a step further and got a signed letter from the OWNER guaranteeing MSRP. When ordering we all signed the order form. I went in prepared with a "Contract Addendum" which they agreed to and signed. That addendum covered; MSRP, actual price written in, doc fees not to exceed over $100.00, no other fees or treatment/security charges, all accessories ordered installed for free and more. The biggest issue I see with people getting shafted is that they have not taken the extra step to protect themselves. $40>$60K is a huge expenditure. Learned my lessons long ago. PROTECT YOURSELVES. I am very sorry for those dealing with corrupt dealers.
Good on you, will probably do something similar when I submit my order. I've seen dealer apologists claim that behavior like this is an anomaly, and that asking for a price guarantee from a dealer is offensive to them because it shows you don't trust their word. How could you after seeing news like this on a daily basis? Lord knows I'm not timid or wealthy enough to forgo $20k just to keep a dealership manager's ego unbruised.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Buy a Jeep and tell Ford and Crain to eat a bag of dicks.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's wise to have as much written documentation as possible, but a verbal deal is still a deal, and will be honored at the large majority of dealerships.

There is nothing normal or expected about a dealership backing out of a verbal deal. It's a disgusting business practice. Customers should "learn their lesson" and get something in writing, but let's never blame the victim when a dealer lies right to someone's face. Such a dealership deserves to be raked over the coals.

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crain Ford of Little Rock. I'm livid. Needless to say I did not come home with a new Bronco.

Please help me raise hell.

Here's a tweet to Ford.
My Yelp review of the dealership.
Google review of the dealership from "Shane Ermitano".
Facebook reviews
Crain's Twitter

UPDATE:

3/2
  • Ford hotline was unable to move the vehicle to another dealership since this one has already taken delivery, however, I was able to submit them in a report for the markup.
  • Thanks to everyone for your reviews and making some noise! 🙏

• Wife is posted up at the dealership.
  • Manager: "I wish you wouldn't have escalated the situation. We have 19 1-star reviews now." They've only dropped the price 10k.
  • Ford's Twitter reached out to me asking to DM for more info.
  • Me and all you internet gangbangers will continue to fuck shit up until we get an apology and the MSRP.

Scan.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 7.06.23 PM.png
Just submitted reviews at all the places I could, with multiple email addresses. So sorry :-(

Sponsored

JAricB

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
540i, Rubicon, Bronco, TRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to mention that it's already a year old.:oops:

BQH2010

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma nightshade 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree, and with inflation being what it is, dealers are going to be less willing to stick to agreements made years earlier.

I am especially worried about dealer prices getting jacked at the time of the MY23 reorder. No one has a written agreement for a MY23 Bronco. And Ford's price protection only covers the MSRP. It's worthless against "dealer market adjustments".
Calm down folks....this inflation won’t last forever 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will be interesting to see where this situation ends up.

There have been a few unsuccessful internet smear campaigns so far with Broncos. Apparently the nuclear strike still has dealership retaliation and they haven't been too afraid to use it.

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base

UPDATE:
3/2
Nice work unleashing the Kraken on Crain Ford! Definitely deserved, particularly since you made the effort to secure at-MSRP commitment from the dealership early on...

It seems like it's pretty hard to get Levine's attention (possibly because there are SO many issues which really require escalation, be it dealer practices, Ice Mountain owners being ignored, quality issues etc) but I bet with the combo of your signed paperwork and the escalation within Ford, you will either get your current truck delivered at the correct price or be fast-tracked for a delivery at another dealership...
Sponsored