Sponsored

Resolved: Speed Limit Sign in Instrument Panel?

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I double checked mine with Waze yesterday.
Waze up, no route and the speed sign is on the dash. As soon I clicked on a route the speed sign vanished from the dash. Canceled the route and the speed sign is back.
This is with a Samsung phone.
Sponsored

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Ford Nav subscription, I get the speed signs as long as I don't have a route active in Apple Maps, but if a route is active in the phone it stops the speed signs on the dash from showing up. I haven't used Waze on the phone to see if the behavior is the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Reactions: gwp

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if I have a brain cramp. Does the Bronco have a little speed limit sign in the upper left corner of the instrument display?

The dealer recently updated my Badlands dashboard software to troubleshoot an unrelated problem (Yeah, oddly, the instrument display flash seems to be a separate update than the general or overall updates Ford pushes over the air).

Since the update I get no speed limit indicator on the dash. I’m questioning my sanity…and now wondering if it was ever there.

It’s certainly not a significant issue… just an odd change if real.

UPDATE: I apparently did not understand the interplay with CarPlay. The display apparently needs input from the built in Ford Nav as an initial condition. Today I learned:
- If I open or use the Ford Nav the speed limit display works.
- If I cancel the Ford Nav and switch to navigate in Apple Maps or Google Maps in CarPlay while enroute, the speed limit display continues to work, until I shut the Bronco off.
- If I start the Bronco with Apple Maps CarPlay, the speed limit display does not work.
Ford Bronco Resolved:  Speed Limit Sign in Instrument Panel? very-obviously-he-has-gone-insane-apocalypse-now

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not have the subscription, but I have built in nav - 2022 with Lux. The speed limit sign is on my dash most of the time, the only time it isn't there is when I am very rural and it doesn't know the speed limit. And, it is often wrong, and has no input from google maps using carplay because I have often seen them disagree!

a.smith

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Ford Nav subscription, I get the speed signs as long as I don't have a route active in Apple Maps, but if a route is active in the phone it stops the speed signs on the dash from showing up. I haven't used Waze on the phone to see if the behavior is the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.
Same with Android auto for me. Any active navigation route = no speed limit sign on the dash. I assume it's a bug?
Sponsored