Reverse lights (cube) location ideas

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We already sell a few kits for this

Baja Designs
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

1674586973751.png

We also have a Diode Dynamics Kit as well (this kit plugs right into the back of the trailer connection, real easy wiring)
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/dual-l...-diode-dynamics-lights-7-pin-trailer-harness/

1674587051212.png
@4x4TruckLEDs.com I didn't see any bronco kits that use a flush mounted light, only BD squadrons with this bracket. I'm looking for a setup that would work with the LOD Destroyer bumper.
Sponsored

LOD Offroad

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
LOD Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lodoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU, Jeep Gladiator, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@4x4TruckLEDs.com I didn't see any bronco kits that use a flush mounted light, only BD squadrons with this bracket. I'm looking for a setup that would work with the LOD Destroyer bumper.
There is a BD Squadron flush mount that will work with our Destroyer Rear Bumper. We offer a specific light bezel for that light.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife's are cut into the factory bumper.

Bronco 3.jpg
I am made of questions on this. I want to do this for my Bronco, did you do it, any details?

Lanman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am made of questions on this. I want to do this for my Bronco, did you do it, any details?
The shop where we had all the work done installed them. I don't think there's anything special they did though. Cut the holes, popped in the lights and hooked them up to the auxiliary switches.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The flush mount is easy. I used the DD wiring harness that is plug and play with the tail light wiring. The actual install is very easy in the mod bumper. The steel is so soft, I cut mine out with a jig saw using an old wood blade.

I just went with the one light, kinda the Land Rover look. I also upgraded the tail light reverse lights.
Ford Bronco Reverse lights (cube) location ideas IMG_3219
Ford Bronco Reverse lights (cube) location ideas IMG_3221

Sponsored

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The flush mount is easy. I used the DD wiring harness that is plug and play with the tail light wiring. The actual install is very easy in the mod bumper. The steel is so soft, I cut mine out with a jig saw using an old wood blade.

I just went with the one light, kinda the Land Rover look. I also upgraded the tail light reverse lights.
DD also makes the light? I dig the heck out of the red parking light

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DD also makes the light? I dig the heck out of the red parking light

Yes, It's a DD flush mount with red back light that comes on whenever the headlights come on. It is not affected by the brake lights though.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ed Morris

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got mine installed today. Drilled some holes in the spare tire carrier and bolted in some Diode Dynamics SSc1's from 4x4TruckLeds. Very pleased with how it turned out. Much brighter than stock reverse lights, and I think it's a pretty clean, unobtrusive look with my non-sas Badlands wheels.

2023-07-22 19.44.24.jpg

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn't ready to cut into my bumper and not ready to spend too much when I wasn't sure exactly where to place the lights. I started with a license plate relocation bracket ($24 Amazon) Plate Relocation Bracket because it came with the stand-off lug nuts (which I can't find anywhere as a separate item) and a sturdy piece of metal that attaches to it. From there I bolted on a flat piece of metal from Home Depot to give my self a shelf to attach lights. After a year or so, if I am happy with it all, I might swap out with a more expensive kit to give it a more polished look.... but I'm pretty content with it right now.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wasn't ready to cut into my bumper and not ready to spend too much when I wasn't sure exactly where to place the lights. I started with a license plate relocation bracket ($24 Amazon) Plate Relocation Bracket because it came with the stand-off lug nuts (which I can't find anywhere as a separate item) and a sturdy piece of metal that attaches to it. From there I bolted on a flat piece of metal from Home Depot to give my self a shelf to attach lights. After a year or so, if I am happy with it all, I might swap out with a more expensive kit to give it a more polished look.... but I'm pretty content with it right now.
I used these open end lug nuts and used an M12 tap on the opposite end to accept these thread adapters and then attached my light bar with M8 bolts

Ford Bronco Reverse lights (cube) location ideas IMG_1986

whmoorejr

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used these open end lug nuts and used an M12 tap on the opposite end to accept these thread adapters and then attached my light bar with M8 bolts
I looked at those. I also considered "Tuner" nuts with removable spikes (because they are already threaded) Spike Nuts

End result (which is working for me and didn't break the bank)
Ford Bronco Reverse lights (cube) location ideas IMG_E8288.JPG
Sponsored