Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just remember that adding hi-power LED lighting will in most cases overload the stock wiring & fuse. Best to run a dedicated power wire to a relay tripped by the stock power lead, so the lights get full power. I have a 100,000 lumen light that would ligh up the Grand Canyon (OK, slight exaggeration)but draws 15 amps.
Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a 100 ways to achieve good lighting. You do need super high power lamps. I have a pair of these cut into my bumper. They pull like an amp at best and are way more light than I need. I swapped LED's for the factory incandescents and the combined load of all 4 LED's is less than stock. The Bronco will be different but it is a simple add.

IMG_20200704_101800_926.jpg

IMG_20200704_101800_927.jpg

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure there will be some aftermarket bumpers that integrate the rear lighting. This is what I had on my Jeep. I wired them to come on when I put it in reverse.
Ford Bronco Reverse Lights 1604464364069

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reverse lights on Ranger with the BLIS package (LED tail lights) are quite bright, great dispersion and do an excellent job of lighting the area where the camera captures.

I am expecting the LED tails on Bronco to also be excellent as they appear to be comparable LED configuration for the white (reverse) section.

The big question is will we get these lights on the mid package Black Diamond?

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally I think round aftermarket lights, white tops, and large tires and lifts look 1970's and ridiculous, to each his own.
FWIW, I live in the bay area, at night there's always some lights on. I just got back from a short trip to the Sierra mountains, I forgot how dark it is with zero lights on outside. Maybe some of you have better natural night vision than me, but I found the rigid lights added to the front and back of my truck helped tremendously. I wouldn't want to be out in the boonies without them.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-kit-w-baja-designs/

This is the route I went as it works with reverse or uplifter switch. If money is no object this is what I would do.
Now if money is of concern I would go with Hella Value fit
4SQ 2.0, we use these on our semi trucks and we have no problems with them, $40 each, they are bright, spot and flood, after 200k miles of driving at night only in the PNW in the shadow of the rain forest of the Olympic mountains they have not leaked or burned any of the leds out. I actually just bought 2 for my pickup truck.
They are very bright, I actually made a video of me turning them on I sent to my brother, I will try to attachit , you can see how bright they are.

file to big, ill see if i can shorten it
only way is to make it very very short , I had to cut out the shot of my milage .
Edit number 4, the movie is there but doesnt seem to play not sure why.

Attachments

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm trading in my 2009 F-150 for this Bronco whenever Ford sees it fit to delivery it to me. Question I have is, my truck reverse lights were(are) TERRIBLE. I ended up purchasing a "White Night" reverse lights kit that mounts around my trailer hitch and turns on when I out the vehicle in reverse. It's been good but it looks pretty outdated and sorta tacky. I'm not a big light bar guy, I don't really like the aesthetic.

What other options are out there that are more modern looking and will:
A. Look Decent
B. Perform Well
C. Power on automatically when in reverse
D. Last

Thanks,
Cliff

Edit: price is not a concern

You can do the Baja Designs kits... 2 options

1) This kit attaches to the spare tire. It's a bit more "out there" in terms of styling:
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-reverse-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

(The license plate bracket is optional)
Ford Bronco Reverse Lights 1634578519895

Another option, still using Baja Designs lights but we put together a kit that puts the lights under the bumper. Out of the way, note as noticeable and my preferred method (as I want them low and not screaming "hey look at me!!!")

Ford Bronco Reverse Lights 1634578569056

With the 2nd kit, this taps into your reverse lights automatically so when you go in reverse, they come on (you can also turn them on from a switch as well)

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

1) This kit attaches to the spare tire. It's a bit more "out there" in terms of styling:

Another option, still using Baja Designs lights but we put together a kit that puts the lights under the bumper. Out of the way, note as noticeable and my preferred method (as I want them low and not screaming "hey look at me!!!")

With the 2nd kit, this taps into your reverse lights automatically so when you go in reverse, they come on (you can also turn them on from a switch as well)
That’s second kit is pretty slick!

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see for the bumper mounted option there is a harness for tapping into the reverse circuit. Is this also available for the spare tire mounted kit?

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have plans to do what I did to my Raptor, cut the bumper and install a pair of cubes on each side of it and wire them to the reverse lights. If there is room, if not I think I will mount to the top of the rear bumper.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are ordering the tow package, the 7 pin connector will have a reverse (BU), ground (GD) and 12 volt battery source (AP), you could wire in a light package on these circuits for something with no manual engagement...

SchmTRL.jpg

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand that, I’d rather not have to flip a switch every time I want to reverse.

I also have no experience with LED tail lights, so, I’m hoping they are bright.
I agree with wiring to an auxiliary switch. What I didn't see mentioned was that you can tap into the reverse light circuit AND wire them to an auxiliary switch so you can turn them on even if you aren't in reverse.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with wiring to an auxiliary switch. What I didn't see mentioned was that you can tap into the reverse light circuit AND wire them to an auxiliary switch so you can turn them on even if you aren't in reverse.
And now I've noticed they sell kits that do all that for us.
Sponsored