Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A great video by @B Miller on the security drawer, if anyone is on the fence. It can be found by clicking here. Thought it might help folks reading this thread as he makes great points about the pros and cons.

Just a couple additional comments to add onto the video that might be helpful:

• The Ford cargo mat on top of the security drawer will not fit - It overhangs on the sides (I've tried it myself). His approach of covering it with some commercial rubber-type matting is the best solution - I've done the same thing. The tape/glue is optional as if you notch it out around the anchors, it'll stay in place very well. Some folks have cut up the Ford cargo mat to make it fit too, but it's an expensive option.

• At around the 7:40 mark, he mentions you can remove the "front to back" dividers, but not the "side to side" ones - You can remove the side to side ones, but you need to unbolt them. I had run with one of these removed for a while, and had no issues - If you efficiently pack the drawer, it's never been an issue with rattling or anything. Your stuff will hold the dividers in place.

• He mentions the painted mounting points that are exposed (around 3:50 in the video) - These can be covered up easily by cutting the old plastic covers. I just drilled a hole in them, and slid it on before installing the drawer itself - Super simple, and gives a clean look. It also helps keep dirt out from that exposed area. These are what mine look like now:
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_4755

Overall an awesome, helpful video (as always), but just wanted to share some personal thoughts on some of the pain points which can be solved. I've been running my drawer for about 2 years now, and have been very happy with the purchase. I'd recommend it!
Sponsored

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A great video by @B Miller on the security drawer, if anyone is on the fence. It can be found by clicking here. Thought it might help folks reading this thread as he makes great points about the pros and cons.

Just a couple additional comments to add onto the video that might be helpful:

• The Ford cargo mat on top of the security drawer will not fit - It overhangs on the sides (I've tried it myself). His approach of covering it with some commercial rubber-type matting is the best solution - I've done the same thing. The tape/glue is optional as if you notch it out around the anchors, it'll stay in place very well. Some folks have cut up the Ford cargo mat to make it fit too, but it's an expensive option.

• At around the 7:40 mark, he mentions you can remove the "front to back" dividers, but not the "side to side" ones - You can remove the side to side ones, but you need to unbolt them. I had run with one of these removed for a while, and had no issues - If you efficiently pack the drawer, it's never been an issue with rattling or anything. Your stuff will hold the dividers in place.

• He mentions the painted mounting points that are exposed (around 3:50 in the video) - These can be covered up easily by cutting the old plastic covers. I just drilled a hole in them, and slid it on before installing the drawer itself - Super simple, and gives a clean look. It also helps keep dirt out from that exposed area. These are what mine look like now:
Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_4755

Overall an awesome, helpful video (as always), but just wanted to share some personal thoughts on some of the pain points which can be solved. I've been running my drawer for about 2 years now, and have been very happy with the purchase. I'd recommend it!
Thank you for sharing the video and filling in some good points. Great solutions mentioned.

AndGerry

Wildtrak
First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed mine over the weekend and can confirm that it is heavy and one would benefit from a. second pair of hands. The nuts to reinstall the tie downs do seem to get stuck but was able to tighten all of it while avoiding stripping them. The 3/8 hex was unweildy and I had to go through my stash of hex drivers to find one. I have a feeling that if the driver was loose, I’d have rounded those.

Organizing the items does need creativity and I moved my jack to one oof the spaces thinking that unloading the drawer to remove it to access the jack was just too much work.

I just reused the Bronco rubber trunk mat and have it on top of the drawer. This will prevent stuff on top of the drawer from sliding around and small items from falling into the spaces on the left & right sides of the drawer. But it also prevents the use of the tie downs. Will still need to find a solution to both these.
All in all, I think it’s a good cargo management option that can be relatively secure.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone installed this OEM box in a RAPTOR?
Also, when the rear seats are folded down, is the seat backs flat even with the storage box (I have a dog crate to put back there and need a flat surface.
Thank you.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone installed this OEM box in a RAPTOR?
Also, when the rear seats are folded down, is the seat backs flat even with the storage box (I have a dog crate to put back there and need a flat surface.
Thank you.
I haven’t tried it in a Braptor, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit. I think the cargo area is the same dimensions.

No, when the seats are folded down there’s a hump. You could easily fix this with a piece of plywood with carpet on top, and some blocks of wood attached as feet to level everything, if needed.

Edit: Here’s a picture showing it a bit from another user earlier in this thread.

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer 1712927912013-4b

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t tried it in a Braptor, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit. I think the cargo area is the same dimensions.

No, when the seats are folded down there’s a hump. You could easily fix this with a piece of plywood with carpet on top, and some blocks of wood attached as feet to level everything, if needed.

Edit: Here’s a picture showing it a bit from another user earlier in this thread.

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer 1712927912013-4b
Thank you for the info and photo!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're welcome - Here's one from my Bronco, which gives you a bit better overall view of the drop:

Ford Bronco Review & Pics: 2021 Bronco Cargo Area Security Drawer IMG_5105
Perfect.....thanks again!
Sponsored