Sponsored

Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t get behind Rivian until they change look of the front end.
Sponsored

Hawke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most Americans aren't necessarily anti-EV. We're anti $75k "luxury" EV.

New ICE vehicles can still be had in the $25k range which EV manufacturers have yet to be able to touch. Until then the appeal is very narrow.
But we’re continually being told that EV’s are “affordable.” 😂
Not great vehicles but the Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Bolt start right around $20k with rebates.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Answers itself right there. lol

But Rivian is really at a teetering point for their future. They make a cool product, it has it's growing pains with quality but seems better than Tesla, but their product is very niche'. We will see if they can keep afloat long enough to make an actually affordable short commuter car.

Of all the pure-play EV names that became public companies during the 0% interest Covid period, Rivian will probably be the only survivor. Yes, they all lose money at the moment. Rivian also makes EV delivery vans for Amazon, and have a sizable investment from Amazon.

The recent revealing was for the R2, but for me and all my buddies who are into checking out new autos (ice and EV), the R3X really stole the show.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just amazed that the designers actually like that DRL setup so much that they kept it for the gen 2. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

New ICE vehicles can still be had in the $25k range which EV manufacturers have yet to be able to touch. Until then the appeal is very narrow.
And anti $60K "non-luxury" SUVs. Bronco sales collapsed 32% YoY because of the 2023 price increases IMO. Even though I love my Heritage... it's hard to justify the $50K+ price. Broncos are really sub-$45K SUVs and I suspect Ford will cut prices this summer.

Mach-E sales spiked last month due price cuts.

Ford Bronco Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port 1709858194678

I had a R1S... it's not a $90K SUV. It's closer to a $65K SUV.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here we go!
  1. Rivian is an EV company. It should be clear to you why they're announcing a new EV model.
  2. EV demand isn't slowing, sales and market share continue to trend upwards. It's just that the demand not living up to the originally forecasted adoption rate, which is why manufacturers are cutting production.
  3. The market is overly saturated with expensive EVs, which explains the slowing adoption rate. The announcement of the R2 and R3 is Rivian's attempt to correct this.
Any time there's even a whiff of EV sales slowing, haters will jump in with their memes and the misinformation starts flowing. Like or not, EVs are not going anywhere anytime soon. Expectations just need to be reset and the market needs to adjust to meet actual demand.
Exactly. After having my R1T and used Mach-e GT the Bronco is our last ICE vehicle ever. Don't get me wrong I won't ever sell the Bronco or the supercharged LS3, but EV driving is better in every way. R1T gets over 300 miles and now with Tesla cargers available range anxiety no longer exists. Not spending 10 minutes at a gas station at least once weekly makes up for any time waiting on the few trips we take.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can’t get behind Rivian until they change look of the front end.
Why, so they look like every other vehicle on the road? I'm glad they have a personality but understand might not be your cup of tea. I'm just tired of all the white/gray/black vehicles that look identical.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not great vehicles but the Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Bolt start right around $20k with rebates.
My wife had a first gen Volt. Aside from the cheap interior materials that was a neat little car, I was surprised how much I liked it. I don't care for her Clarity as much but she prefers it. I know not apples to apples but the car itself was pretty nice.

Sponsored

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why, so they look like every other vehicle on the road? I'm glad they have a personality but understand might not be your cup of tea. I'm just tired of all the white/gray/black vehicles that look identical.
Nothing to do with color, I just really don’t like the aesthetics of the headlights or the lighted bar across the front. They’re obviously popular, just not my style at all.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I’m the minority…I do not like EVs, for many reasons. Long live ICE!

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm actually pretty excited about this Bronco will be paid off and will be a toy when I want to go off roading or camping. Wife will need a new ride in a couple of years, so I put a deposit down on the R2 to replace her car. I will probably get the refreshed Lightning when it comes out with the 800 volt architecture.

After driving multiple EV's from different manufacturers for those that haven't its literally like going back in time 100 years every time I get in an ICE car. ICE driving is really that bad and you don't realize it until you've actually commuted or driven in an EV. To each there own but the Bronco will probably be my last ICE car.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love it!! But then I got one of these (on the left):
Ford Bronco Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port 1709858415174

I also like the R3X wheels. Reminds me of the cool Everglades wheels.
Clown shoe! Love it.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought they already produce a car. You know the one that the truck is based off of. Very much like a Kia.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Sponsored