First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Hummer will be a closer competitor or more like the Bronco, compared to the Rivian truck. Both Rivian and GMC with Hummer are going the same way with both a truck and SUV. I think the Hummer would be better since there's less unknowns since it's being made by a legacy company.

But I think what is more important is who get's their truck to market first. The Hummer should be revealed late October so we'll see if the give dates like production or when you can spec it. I'm more interested in who will make it first to market at this point. I'm betting GMC will bet Rivian to market.
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is comparable about a Ford Bronco and an Electric Truck?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

nikola_badger9c-f0d2ac301ebe9c2d1231eb7a67167b8232f0306018c56a487d1c76f25c11ece5.jpg

Nikola Badger is pretty impressive as well. The biggest threat to the delay of the Bronco is more and more interesting vehicles being released.
Nikola is still nothing but vaporware. They don't even have a plant to build the vehicle. The CEO was just forced out by the BOD. Nikola is in trouble.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Rivian is really impressive...700+ EHorsepower, 0-60 in 3 secs, tows 7500, can ”wade” in 3 feet of water. Dont think top and doors come off but I’d take one
I was pleasantly surprised by the test mules accompanying the electric Harley prototypes in the first few episodes that are out in the Long Way Up series. If the rules keep changing and my reservation doesn't get built until ??? I could see going that way.

Sponsored

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was pleasantly surprised by the test mules accompanying the electric Harley prototypes in the first few episodes that are out in the Long Way Up series. If the rules keep changing and my reservation doesn't get built until ??? I could see going that way.
I like Rivian and have a reservation for Tesla Cybertruck , CT's size will be a problem for lot of off-road trails here in Colorado.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife has driven the Tesla Model S for years. I am a fan of the electric vehicle, but only because Tesla took the needs for actual charging the thing into account. I see that CA superchargers are full up, but not a problem in the midwest. If Rivian doesn't have the ability to be "supercharged" anywhere but your house then it would be a NO from me. Cool Tank Turn though!!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to Google what a rivian was. That is one of the ugliest vehicles I’ve ever seen passed by only that horribly ugly Tesla cyber truck.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of now I would only get an all electric for in-town & local (within 100 miles) and do all of my charging off of my 6KW solar install. My wife's '16 Prius gets 55+ MPG on road trips, which is better than Hybrids. As for 4X4'ing ICE is the best option for now.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

EV is to fresh and fill ups are few and far between. That whole system needs to mature before I get involved.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BEV. I'm not there yet... Although the electric cobra jet and Ken Block's electric rally car are pretty stinkin cool. Props to Ford for having fun for the sake of advancing the technology. Imma gonna stick with the gassers for now and the foreseeable future.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont even know what "BEV" stands for. I have no interest in a Rivian.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont even know what "BEV" stands for. I have no interest in a Rivian.
well! now that i think about it, i dont either...

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wife has driven the Tesla Model S for years. I am a fan of the electric vehicle, but only because Tesla took the needs for actual charging the thing into account. I see that CA superchargers are full up, but not a problem in the midwest. If Rivian doesn't have the ability to be "supercharged" anywhere but your house then it would be a NO from me. Cool Tank Turn though!!
There's a show on Apple TV+ right now called Long Way Up with Ewen McGregor. Its him and his friend Charlie on 2 electric harley davidson bikes going from tip of south america to LA in 100 days.

They're followed by the first two Rivian trucks ever built. If they can get through that trip (which I'm guessing they ultimately do as this was recorded last year I think) then I'm sure they can support current charging infrastructure in the States.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a show on Apple TV+ right now called Long Way Up with Ewen McGregor. Its him and his friend Charlie on 2 electric harley davidson bikes going from tip of south america to LA in 100 days.

They're followed by the first two Rivian trucks ever built. If they can get through that trip (which I'm guessing they ultimately do as this was recorded last year I think) then I'm sure they can support current charging infrastructure in the States.
Yes it can be done, driving an electric car long distances, but the extra required charging time will make it unacceptable to me. It takes me 4.5hrs to drive to Dallas, TX. in a gasoline vehicle. That same trip in a Tesla would take 6 hours minimum. That same trip in an electric vehicle without Supercharging capability could take 18-24 hours. My house charger tops out at 24 miles/hour rate (150 mile range in ~6 hours). If I'm stuck using a 110V outlet it would be 4 miles/hour charge rate (150 mile range in ~1.5 days). The Tesla Superchargers can get over 150 miles/hour charge rates which make the Tesla's barely acceptable for road trips.
Sponsored