First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should have included that the badlands had the sasquatch package. What about driving a winding road? I know that these will not handle like my mustang.
You mean they make 'em without? Hmmm...

Seriously, though. Where the WT and BL differ would be of no consequence for on-road handling. IMO the bronco in sas configuration is very stable compared to any other high-clearance vehicle; we are talking rally car range. One would have to compensate on a race course but on a public road, no worries.
Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which Wildtrak? HOSS 3 or HOSS 2? HOSS 3 is way better, I've driven both. HOSS 3 is a cushy ride on Fox 2.5" internal bypass, HOSS 2 is 2" Bilstein that seems to have a remote reservoir falling off issue.

I haven't driven a HOSS 2 Wildtrak, so I can't speak to them, others can
I have driven the 2022 Wildtrak with Bilstien, and then the 2023 Wildtrak with Fox ( HOSS’s 3.0) .. There is a clear difference in the stabile right over washboard ice here in the sub article.. I have a bad back.. HOSS 3.0 and power seats are an answer to my dilemma.. I just have to find a 2023 Wildtrak with heated seats and steering wheel.. High and Lux packages .. 🤓

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You mean they make 'em without? Hmmm...

Seriously, though. Where the WT and BL differ would be of no consequence for on-road handling. IMO the bronco in sas configuration is very stable compared to any other high-clearance vehicle; we are talking rally car range. One would have to compensate on a race course but on a public road, no worries.
Its a different shock its going to absorb bumps differently, its a different spring its also going to react differently. The fox has a progressive spring I'm not sure what Badlands has but it is different.. The fox deals with potholes and washboards better. A perfectly smooth perfectly flat road might in theory feel the same but that's not all that common

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.....The fox deals with potholes and washboards better. A perfectly smooth perfectly flat road might in theory feel the same but that's not all that common
Washboards and potholes, where you driving?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Washboards and potholes, where you driving?
I dunno, just about anywhere here in Denton, Eastern Oklahoma, 380 west towards Jacksboro, 377 North of 380 several spots until you get to OK border. I could keep listing places where the roads are screwed and more like off road terrain. I used to hate driving down Hickory St towards downtown Denton in my 95 Jeep Rio Grande, literally threw me sideways over 20mph. I-35W in spots is special, too. Plus the wind! 😥

Sponsored

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its a different shock its going to absorb bumps differently, its a different spring its also going to react differently. The fox has a progressive spring I'm not sure what Badlands has but it is different.. The fox deals with potholes and washboards better. A perfectly smooth perfectly flat road might in theory feel the same but that's not all that common
I believe the BL sas has bilstein shocks

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Canyon Coolers is referring to the type of shock valving, e.g. progressive, regressive, digressive or linear valving. I think the BL Sas shocks are digressive?
Oh gotcha thought he was talkin brand fox bilstein so on, but yeah I would have to assume the badlands is supposed to be the heavy off roader the shocks should be valves/tuned differently

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A final note.. It’s well known that vibration, jarring, etc wares on the wiring and especially electronics.. IT makes the body start squeeking, and rattling.. This is worn shocks, springs and leaf springs.. Body mounts fall in this category, they dry and become hard. Having the most comfortable suspension in a Bronco not only feels good, but it is great for the longevity of the vehicle.. The wiring will thank you.. The electronics will be there for you.. A fine example of a hard ride on Electronics, I have a 1986 Ford Super Duty that never got a new anything.. The 6.9L starts without Glow Plugs, but the wiring is worn out.. It was rattled to “death”. So, now we own it.. It gets new body mounts, and shocks before new wiring harness… 🤓
Sponsored