Road manners of Wildtrak vs. Badlands?

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone driven a Wildtrack and Badlands? Is there a difference between the 2 on the road? I have only had the test drive on a Badlands and wondering how the Wildtrack handles on the road. Is there a difference.
Thanks
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They handle the same on the road.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Badlands handles better on-road if you opt for 33s, and also gives you the option of having the amazing manual transmission (just hope you don’t get a noisy, rattly one).

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone driven a Wildtrack and Badlands? Is there a difference between the 2 on the road? I have only had the test drive on a Badlands and wondering how the Wildtrack handles on the road. Is there a difference.
Thanks
Last Saturday I drone a Big Bend, Badlands, and the Wildtrak.. We currently have ice on the roads that is like wash boards.. I have a section of this mess by my house.. The Big Bend you can hear it and feel it with rather big bumps..
the Badlands you can hear the reaction with the ice and it moderated compared to Big Bend.. Notably different.. The Wild teak, it had a hard top, you could hear ice interaction but you didn’t hardly feel a thing.. it was actually visually confusing .. You could see the washboard, you could hear the interaction with the ice, but the horizon was steady .. That’s the difference.. The HOSS 3.0 system..
Badlands and Wildtrak both had same type and size tires so it was same same on feet on the ground.. Wildtrak is designed to move fast over rough terrain. It moves very steady at 80 mph on pitted asphalt too… Alaska

Sponsored
OP
OP

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I should have included that the badlands had the sasquatch package. What about driving a winding road? I know that these will not handle like my mustang.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s going to be some personal opinions here - If you get a chance, maybe test drive one of each at a local Ford dealership? Might help you get a more accurate answer for your driving habits.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove a 4 door Wildtrack and have a 2 door non SAS Badlands. The Hoss 3.0 is nice and smooth over bumps, I’d love to find some takeoffs for my Badlands.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks
Firstly, kudos to @Dorf2point0 for the insight. đź‘Ť

Secondly, individuals have such radically differing perspectives and expectations of what “good” ride, handling or road manners they like that I really don’t think that you should spend this kind of coin based on the opinions of others. Go drive it yourself. Go to another city or state if you have to do so.

Sponsored

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which Wildtrak? HOSS 3 or HOSS 2? HOSS 3 is way better, I've driven both. HOSS 3 is a cushy ride on Fox 2.5" internal bypass, HOSS 2 is 2" Bilstein that seems to have a remote reservoir falling off issue.

I haven't driven a HOSS 2 Wildtrak, so I can't speak to them, others can

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven my own 23 2dr 2.3l BL Sas and my neighbor's 23 2dr 2.7l WT (Sas) and while similar, the WT drives a little more "sports car" than the BL. The BL is more of a tank with the plates and rock rails, plus the Bilsteins are rougher/sharper than the WT's 2.5 Foxes.

That's the biggest difference on road, BL has plates and is heavier, and WT has softer shock package and feels a touch more responsive. That being said, I can still accelerate very nicely in my BL and have caught myself going 90+ several times trying to pass someone on the freeway.

WT has Sport mode, which can be added in BL using FORScan. I assume Rock Crawl mode can be added to the WT, but that's not discussed nearly as much on these forums.

The WT in 23 had the stock HD (HOSS 3.0) steering rack, which feels a little different; both 24 models now have that steering rack. IMO that makes the steering feel more sturdy but a little stiffer.

Off road, the BL has the electronic sway bar disconnect, while the WT has a front sway bar. So you'll have less articulation in the WT unless you modify the sway bar. I don't consider this a downside, so far removing the BL e-disco is kind've a thing and not sure it's been perfected yet. So you have more options with the WT in this regard.

If you're on the fence and the price of the WT doesn't scare you away, I would say go WT and add plates/rock rails/sway bar tech as you need/want. I love my BL Sas of course, but it's less versatile in upgrades in some respects than the WT.

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL HOSS 2.0 vs. WT 3.0 will make a difference. Didn't I see that Badlands now gets 3.0 for 24MY?

SNOWOLF

Badlands
First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have owned both...the wildtrack was more of a luxury ride, while the Badlands sas had more of a road feel. I also have currently a big bend sas and it rides like the badlands....just two doors short.

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL HOSS 2.0 vs. WT 3.0 will make a difference. Didn't I see that Badlands now gets 3.0 for 24MY?
Badlands gets some of the components...not the whole system.
Sponsored