Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

72 is loud.
I don’t disagree this is loud by “new car standards” - My Jeep Grand Cherokee has Duratracs on it, so some-what aggressive tires, and I find it pretty darn quiet in the vehicle when driving down the highway. However, when I get into my fiancé’s 2012 Mazda 3, her car sounds much louder inside on the highway (well, 72 dB exactly). Doesn’t bother me as I’m used to it… I am also used to driving bigger pick-up trucks where the road noise is louder too, so I am anticipating I know what I’m getting into with the Bronco. And need to keep in mind the test shown in the OP’s picture is without the sound deadening headliner too, so it should be slightly better.

SO much yes! My Bike has Cobra longshots with no baffle.

*Current Jeep owners with 33"-44" Mud Terrains no doors/top and a cat-back exhaust system echo this sentiment.
*I have both and 72 is just dandy. I'd venture to say the Db in the TJ with the top on and doors on is approaching 80-85. May just have to download an app to check it.
They do have an app for that (as most things, lol), but as I was reading more online about the Apple Watch “Noise” app (shown in the OP’s post), these other app’s typically don’t get a very good review and are much further off in their readings. I wouldn’t trust them nearly as much; the Apple Watch was designed to do this. Your phone wasn’t. Just my 2 cents to take whatever the reading is with a grain of sale, if you do download an app.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldn't trust any reading that comes from an app let alone a watch. They are never accurate
I wouldn't say that. My apple watch HR matches the telemetry monitors I use at the hospital I work at. Pretty damn accurate to match medical grade equipment
My watch is pretty accurate, and a whole lot easier to read than the position of the sun in the sky. /s

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
72 is loud.
As long as the B&O can get to 73db I am fine! I spent my late teens until my mid 40s playing in cover (hair) bands and a little noise is just fine with me . . . am planning on not having the roof on for at least six months of the year anyway.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
“Too loud, not enough cup holders, rides rougher than my CRV!”
I can’t wait. In 2 years I’ll have my reserved Bronco and a lightly used one to play with after all “the SUV” people jump ship because they were buying an idea and the reality surprised them.
72dB is definitely acceptable for this type of vehicle. If you think 72dB is loud wait till you drop the top on the way to the beach and hit expansion joints for 5 hours at 80mph. That’s the sound of fun!

Sponsored

BadAss bronco dude

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not very useful, unless will know more about the test. Is it a Base with no body sound dreading? What was the road surface like? What tires Is it running. What engine and trans?
He pretty much told you everything... Except type of road...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the headliner come free with the MIC? Why do we care what the measurement without it is?
Some folks have opted out of it (easier to wash off I suppose), and also it’s kind of the “worst case scenario” with the MIC top, so in theory things should be better than this. But we need a sound comparison with MIC top, soft top, and no top.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't trust any reading that comes from an app let alone a watch. They are never accurate
Realistic Db is tough to assess outside of a lab given environmental impacts. This does give some kind of baseline however. We now need the same watch / app to find levels of other vehicles under similar conditions to compare. The main issue I have here is there is nothing to compare to. I do know my JKU is loud to the point my sensitive ears ring for a while after a long ride. I'd love something capable thats quieter and this looks good.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's quiet,my last side x side had barker dual exhaust and bigbore kit with cam,it measured 94 db @3/4 throttle loud as hell to scare wildlife off the trail!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SO much yes! My Bike has Cobra longshots with no baffle.

*Current Jeep owners with 33"-44" Mud Terrains no doors/top and a cat-back exhaust system echo this sentiment.
*I have both and 72 is just dandy. I'd venture to say the Db in the TJ with the top on and doors on is approaching 80-85. May just have to download an app to check it.
I had Vance & Hines Short Shots on my last bike and it was ridiculous! None of my friends wanted to ride behind or to the side of me, lol.

Tires and any exhaust on Broncos will screw up all the NVH mitigation Ford has done.

@Pittguy - Ford really prides themselves on NVH at their level--check out the pin drop interiors of modern F150s--and I believe they were focused on crushing Jeep in that area.
Sponsored